Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SESupergenius, Aug 21, 2006.

1. I am making my periodic avatar bet. Here it goes:

If David Carr has a better QB rating this next game vs the Broncos then you have to display an avatar I create for 2 weeks.

If Rosenfels has a better QB rating, I will display a "Bench Carr" avatar to your liking.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Is that fair? David Carr is going to play most of the game while Rosenfels may only be in for a series or two.

3. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I'm on your side. I think your wager is great. Sage has two NFL starts, and he has 49.5 for completion percentage. I can't wait to see who takes you up on this bet.

4. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I consider myself a "Whatever is best for the team" guy. And I think thats not really a fair bet either. Sage will face the 2nd or 3rd team, and for a shorter period of time.

Should be a good game though :)

5. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

Judge it by ratios.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I'm out of any more bets on this site, but...

Why not Carr's rating against Denver vs Sage's rating against Tampa Bay (Sage is likely to get the majority of snaps).

7. now that maybe a better bet because both have good defenses that run a cover 2. But there is no guarantee that Rosenfels plays all those quarters, I'm sure the staff wants to see who the 3rd QB will be since they already know that Rosenfels is the 2nd.

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Here's what I bet:

I bet that after that game people will, as always, be in complete disagreement about who played better. You need some completely unbiased specatators to decide for whoever is in on the bet itself.

As far as who I think will play better, I'll just go with Carr, but only because he played better in the first game (IMHO) and Rosenfels played better in the second (also IMHO) and it's just Carr's turn to play better, lol.

edit: Guess if you just go with QB rating, it will be easy to decide. Forgot about that part.

9. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I lack the necessary equipment.
    Can girls play too?
    :tease:

10. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Ah, yes...the annual av. bet. Sure, why not, I'll join. I think Denver has one of the best linebacker corps in the league, but I'm not sure about their depth. I'm for Sage.

11. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

12. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

It was fair against KC when Rosenfels played much longer than Carr (18 passes versus 5) and people jumped in with a 20 page "bench Carr" thread...even though Carr had a higher QB rating!

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Carr played better in the first game. Rosenfels played better in the second game. I'm sticking with my story, people.

14. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

you people really are killing me

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

You can bet all you want, but Portis (name?) will outdo them both in game 3, lol.

16. real

real Guest

I think people are taking the whole "play Sage" thing the wrong way...From my perspective, I want Sage to play because I think that will put more pressure on Carr; it will make sure we have the BEST QB on the field, and if he doesn't perform well with the first team then all of the grumblings will stop...I have never once even suggested that Sage be the starter...I just want him to get some snaps in the PRE-SEASON with the first team...IMHO I think Sage will perform better than Carr but we'll never know until they both have equal opprotunity...But how can you state yourself that the playing situations are different and then expect people to jump on such a one-sided bet?

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Sign me up SES. I got the avatar for you if Rosenfels has a higher rating. It is DC's backwards pass against the Bills last year.

18. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Sign me up also...:homer:

19. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I don't do the bet thing, but I agree that seems like a fairer match. Though i will say Denver on the road for a game they take seriously is a more dificult game than Tampa Bay at home when people are just trying not to get injured.

Can't say I particularly want to see any grumpy avatars around these parts going into a fresh season. That just seems so played out. JMO.

20. Some girls are more man then men, so yes.