Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Austin Texans Fan Group announces a change of venue.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
After 5 years of great support from Lavaca Street Bar, we are announcing a change of venue this season.
Due to space and to further relations with the Houston Texans, we have agreed to team with 1300 The Zone to enhance the Texans experience and will be calling The Brew Exchange on W. 6th street home for at least the next season.
We will be having our 6th annual Draft Party there in April and hope to again have players from the Texans and Cheerleaders there for pictures and autograph signings as usual.
Help us spread the word if you will and we look forward to meeting any and all who find themselves in the capital city during a Texans game.
GO TEXANS!

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
How about a little more about the venue, like a map and some of the reasons to go there other than to see " The Texanator"!!!

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
So how is the new place? Good turnout? All the usual cast or were there new ones? I will try and make a showing sometime, not that its that big of a deal, lol.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
How about a little more about the venue, like a map and some of the reasons to go there other than to see " The Texanator"!!!
Here you go BigWig, this is the address and phone number.....
706 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701
(512) 366-5727
I assumed in this modern era a person could look it up, but I know how you IT guys are, gotta be lead by the hand and all.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
For those who are asking why we moved, it really wasn't our decision.
The Texans entered into a contract with The Zone radio station, and have them as their connection here in Austin.
Lavaca Street Bar did not want to work with the Zone,i.e. pay them advertising money.
We were informed that The Texans would not continue to support us unless we worked with The Zone, due to conflict of interests, so we had to find a bar or venue willing to work with The Zone as well.
All of you know EXACTLY how I and most others feel about The Zone after many years of them totally ignoring The Texans, but if we refused, we would lose our charter.
That being said, The Brew Exchange treats us well with gift certificates each week for the free raffles and also with catering food from various restaurants around town, also free for fans.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
So how is the new place? Good turnout? All the usual cast or were there new ones? I will try and make a showing sometime, not that its that big of a deal, lol.
So far, so good. There is an outdoor area that allows smoking with several tv's set up so you don't miss any of the game.
The turnout for the first game vs KC was really good.
As for any of the regulars, there are just a few of us old school guys, being as how BigWig and some others are too scared to leave their homes.
AxMan and I still keep things rolling though.
p.s. Axman said BigWig, Specnatz,Jordon, and the rest are sissies and only stay home so they can watch Jurrah and the Cowgirls in private.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
So far, so good. There is an outdoor area that allows smoking with several tv's set up so you don't miss any of the game.
The turnout for the first game vs KC was really good.
As for any of the regulars, there are just a few of us old school guys, being as how BigWig and some others are too scared to leave their homes.
AxMan and I still keep things rolling though.
p.s. Axman said BigWig, Specnatz,Jordon, and the rest are sissies and only stay home so they can watch Jurrah and the Cowgirls in private.

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
I Aint Skeered, and Hell no I dont watch the Cowgirls. I have a beer fridge stocked with tons of craft beer, I have nice big screen tv, a loving wife who will watch the games, and a lot of neighborhood buddies ( deer). So why would I want to drive downtown ( I live in Dripping Springs about an hour from Austin) just to spend too much money and then have to live with the drive home trying to avoid APD and their count Acevedo who wants your blood!
I will make one game for sure, my wife said she needs to work on a sunday and her office is right around the corner, so look out Big Wig will be in da House one day!

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
I Aint Skeered, and Hell no I dont watch the Cowgirls. I have a beer fridge stocked with tons of craft beer, I have nice big screen tv, a loving wife who will watch the games, and a lot of neighborhood buddies ( deer). So why would I want to drive downtown ( I live in Dripping Springs about an hour from Austin) just to spend too much money and then have to live with the drive home trying to avoid APD and their count Acevedo who wants your blood!
I will make one game for sure, my wife said she needs to work on a sunday and her office is right around the corner, so look out Big Wig will be in da House one day!
I understand bro!
I live about 45 minutes away now myself and navigating 812 with it's plethora of drunken illegals is a daunting task, even on the best of days.
I don't have the big screen, but I do have a few fridges stocked and tons of wildlife to scare off every time we screw up and I yell at the TV.

Attachments

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
Howz the turnouts been? We used to have so many we could not even get in the joint at Lavaca. Someone update us slackers who dont show on how its going if you can!

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Howz the turnouts been? We used to have so many we could not even get in the joint at Lavaca. Someone update us slackers who dont show on how its going if you can!
Down to maybe 30 diehards. Turnout was great earlier in the season.

BigWig

Bigimus Wigimus
Regardless of turnout I still plan on making a showing some time this year, after all, it was I who started this thing way back in 2002 when we would meet at the Saxon Pub and then like gypsies or thiefs in the night would ramble to wherever they would have us, even if it was only less than a dozen, LOL. Thanks for the update maybe we will meet, I think i met you a long time ago when i was a member of the Blue Crew tailgate group and had PSL's in the Bullpen.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Been great hanging out with the group this season. Good folks, good venue, good food. Going to the playoff game. Y'all have a great one.

Showtime - sorry I missed you. Stayed in Houston longer than expected.