Austin rumour bout Kubes!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BigWig, Nov 2, 2007.

1. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Some of our local sports talk radio dj's are speculating thet Kubes will take over at A & M after they fire Fran this year.
    I dont buy it, just think the local Boys lovers are wishing some Texan controversy.

2. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

PLEASE let it be true....

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

If it were true, I can't say I'd be happy about it; but, right now, I can't really say I care either. This organization is just sick somehow. It may be that the more changes occur the better.

Nothing against Kubes, but here's a thought:

Marcianno for HC. Only coach to be consistently successful since this organization's inception. Maybe sometimes you just gotta promote those who deserve it and let "petigrees" and such go fly a kite.

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Hilarious!!

First Kubiak isn't going anywhere.
    Second, my criticism of Kubiak would be the teams lack of intensity & preparedness - which needs to be corrected ASAP!!
    With that said, I remember a coach who took over a sub-par team, and in his first two seasons as head coach went 8-24, then went on to win 3 Super Bowls in his final 4 years... :hmmm:

Quit drinking the HatorAid

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I might be willing to forgive him if he gets us 3 Superbowls.

I'll have to think about it....pout, pout, sniff. :)

6. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I heard some of that talk when I was in Austin. Seems like they keep bringing up Kubes when they talk about possible replacements for Coach Fran.

The 2 DJ's in Austin that actually follow the Texans keep shooting this rumor down. They say that A&M already had their chance to get him and he has his ideal job right now.

Just a bunch of speculation IMO.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

This is not a new rumor and I thought had been shot down by several "experts". Me as a non-expert thinks Kubes needs to improve and will. I do not see him going anywhere. Another good draft with a couple solid pick ups in FA and some guys coming off IR should make a very interesting 2008. On a side note, I do not think McKinney is finished. He looked very good before getting injured and played avg last season while hurt. That in itself (injuries) may have team looking at another starter (White?) but Steve M will be on team, probably as back up C/G.

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Please, please make the rumors come true so we can get Kubiak out of here
    and somebody else in who can finally have some success in getting my team
    turned around and going in the right direction !

9. Texan_Bill

Yeah... That makes a whole lot of sense. Fire a coach who's cleaning up 4 years of the C&C factory - only a year and a half into his tenure... Perfect. Who's next Rick Smith? I mean afterall, he's had a year and half to revamp the entire roster.... :rolleyes:

10. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Most Aggies I know seem to think they are getting Tommy Tuberville from Auburn.

11. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Successful college coaches need to have some degree of salesmanship in their personality.

For some reason, I don't see that in Kubes' skill set. His personality is better suited to an NFL job.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree! I find it amazing how people can give up on a coach after a season and a half. The guy doesn't even have all the players he wants yet. Rick Smith even reiterated that before the season started. :wild:

Give Sherman the Aggie position and Richard Smith a special teams position at a Junior High in Alaska.

13. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

The Texans organisation will never be as lucky as to loose Kubiak and get a real coach im afraid were stuck with Kubiak for the remainder of the contract he signed.

14. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

We're only at the half-way mark in the season and we already have threads
    up about the Draft ! Sound familiar ?
    Kubiak has had 2 full-cyles (Drafts & free agencys), and if he finishes this season with a grand total of 4 or 5 wins (which I think is a real possibility) that's a step backwards. I hope I'm wrong, hope he wins this weekend, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

15. Texan_Bill

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

16. ActualTexan

ActualTexan upright biped

Who? You can't be talking about Clements and Ward, aren't they Cowboys fans?

Hagar likes this.
  17. Texan_Bill

I am sure the Cowgirls fans were saying the same thing when Johnson took over the team and they went 1-15 which was worse than the season before he took over... Granted in his second year he went 7-9, but I still think the Texans can reach the 8-8 mark this year..

If people thought there would be an instant turn-around, well they just set themselves up for dissapointment. The current regime has done pretty well, when it comes to dumping the dead weight left over from the C&C factory. This offseason, with finally some room under the cap, the Texans can be players in the FA market. That coupled with another decent draft, and this team is markedly better than this season.

As far as (2) full drafts, I think thats over-stated. Sure he was here prior to the draft in 2006, but he hadn't been here very long. I am sure he had some input, but probably not to the extent suggested by saying "2 full cycles". Besides that, the overall drafts have been decent.

18. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

I think Tom Landry had a personality rating of somewhere near zero, and that worked out pretty well for the cowboys if my memory serves me correctly.

For chrissakes Texans fans! Let's give these two some time and quit nitpicking on things we don't like about them. They were upfront at the start of the season about this team being a ways from where they want it to be, and as painful as it is to wait, we are definitely headed in the correct direction.

19. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

I haven't been posting as much cause of "the sky is falling" type posts. We always have high hopes at the beginning of the season and this year for the first two games our hopes seemed justified. We are now waking up with the knowledge that the koolaid that we've been drinking was laced with LSD and the first two games were hallucinations. Now we have to hope for flashbacks.....ha ha

Firing Kubiak is not going to stop players from fumbling or blowing coverage or tripping as they try to jump on a high snap in the endzone. Turnovers have KILLED us this year and last time I checked Kubiak has had 0 turnovers on his stat sheet for quite a few years.

I think Kube is starting to realize that if someone isn't pulling their weight he needs to try something else. He knows he can't give everyone the same type of time that Carr got or he'll be gone in no time. Hopefully the days of digging in sand are over.

He'll find the right combination of players and when it works, I have a feeling it will payoff big.

Keep the faith my fellow Texans fans. The hurt will make victory that much sweeter or kill us before it happens.....ha ha

20. Texan_Bill

Glad to see you back Twitch... But I hear you!!!