Austin residents

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by rollinstone18, Jul 9, 2007.

1. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

If anyone here lives in Austin, you probably know CBS has been broadcasting Titans games I guess since that disasterous '05 season. Who could really blame them then? The upcoming '07 season probably has me the most excited in the short history of this franchise, but I think CBS will continue to broadcast Titans games.

What can be done?

:texflag:

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

If you do a forum search, I beleive there was some lengthy discussions with people in the Austin and SA areas that wrote to the local stations... With not much luck, as a I remember... Some folks posted their letters AND the responses that they had received from the station..

I haven't seen Big Wig around in a while, but I beleive he was one...

3. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

the station doesn't care..... i just switched to direct tv.... or go to a sportsbar on gamedays.

4. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Tennessee is going to get stomped on this season and they'll get the "Texan Treatment" from Austin's crappy CBS affiliate.

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I hope thats the case - for my brethren to the West!!!

6. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

The A-Hole that is responsible for Austin carring the enimies games is Gary A Vinson program director of the local CBS afiliate. Here is his email addy.

gavinson@keyetv.com

I have let this guy know how much I think he is a complete moron and that I think he needs to move his sorry ass to hillbilly hollar.

:texflag: :fans:

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Yeah..he's a butthole, for sure.

The good news is that they usually start the season showing Houston games in hopes of a good season from my Texans. An opening week win vs. the Chefs will be a nice start. Two vs. TEN will be even better.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Yep, we need the Texans to do their part, win, in order to have a leg to stand on.

In my opinion if both teams, Titans and Texans, are doing poorly we will see Titans games as long as VY is taking snaps. :gun:

9. Specnatz

Would it be bad then to wish

:ouch: or :crutch:

10. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

2 things about going to a bar.

1. It would require me to put pants on.

2. I'm not old enough to drink.

11. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Answer: nothing
    Real Answer: Direct TV
    see sig for more info!

12. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Yup. Austin caters to the all the VY - Longhorn homers.

I say that the Austin Chapter of the Texans Fan Club adopt Third Base as the official site of game watching.

The food is not as good as The Shoal Creek Saloon, but the Saints Fan Club has already squatted there for some time now. There are plenty of HD screens and attentive wait staff. JMHO.

C-ya out there.
    Rick

13. Specnatz

I also like that have covered parking and you do not have to pay for parking.

14. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

3rd base, hmmmmmm.
    That might be fun, Kaiser T has been there also.
    I used to run everything out of the Saxon, and they fed us( for free), discounted drinks, bought us shots, waited on us hand and foot. Not to mention we had the place all to ourselves, totally rival the Shoal Creek Saloon, but when the games went awry on KEYE we just couldnt get anyone to come. I have a mailing list of at least 50 or so from these boards.
    So here we are now, and I have Direct TV NFL ticket( always have), a 56" Samsung HDTV, and really dont care to spend cash when I dont need to, but if ya'll show up I will meet you for sure.
    PM me if you want when we get closer to the season and we can hang!:texflag:

15. BeerTastesLikeVictory

BeerTastesLikeVictory Custom Title

I have posted this last year while I was living in Marble Falls (Austin viewing area), but will post again. This is the response I got from them:

16. Specnatz

This is the exact same letter everyone got a big freakin can response. Heck mine even was addressed to someone else.

17. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

OK, so as the season approaches, let us coordinate activating the Texans Fan Club of Austin. Meanwhile, I'll see about getting some sort of commitment from Third Base: I'd like to see them advertise or promote as the "official" Texans place to watch in Austin, ala Shoal Creek for the Saints. As a countermeasure to K-EYE uncertainty, we will absolutely need Sunday Ticket. I know there are other places in town that carry the Sunday Ticket, but Third Base would be optimal first shot given the location, free parking (good call!), and brew selection.

Best,
    Rick

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Dang, sounds like Texans fans are the real Rodney Dangerfields of Austin. You're behind the Cowboys, Titans, & even the Saints in the peking order over there ?
    And to think, Big Bobby McNair was an astute businessman who you'd think has some feel for PR ? Whatever goodwill his team had at the beginning, its all gone now and he's gonna have to earn every fan back.

19. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

You work on 3rd Base and I will reactivate " the list".
    Although dont promise too much in the beginning, we have had crowds at the Saxon from 3 to 30!

20. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Agree completely about McNair. I think that he should try to market to other Texas cities outside of Houston.

The Saints don't have a real big fanbase in Austin per se, they just have a fan club that's carved a pretty deep niche.

[​IMG]

BTW, in case you can't you can't tell, then that Saints helmet used to be a Volkswagen Beetle.