Austin is standing up to KEYE.

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by rockabilly, Sep 10, 2007.

1. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

WOW. So I just got done replying to 40+ emails sent to my KEYE42SUCKS.com site.

People are really aggrevated in Austin. Not just us board members. Alot of the people writing in read about the site in the Austin Chronicle and Austin American Statesman. People are all sending in their Vinson letters/replies and looking for refuge. I point them all to Third Base bar.

I should take my video camera and film the whole bar chanting "KEYE SUCKS" and post in on YOUTUBE.

Of course, there were a couple of "I hope you die", "Cowboys have 5 rings - Texans suck" emails... But those are unintelligent replies.

Go Texans.

Kaiser Toro and GuerillaBlack like this.
  2. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

LOL, I just noticed you are linking to this board. That explains many of the new sign ups today. Great job in getting the word out btw.

3. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Well done, rockabilly. Well done.

THIRD BASE -- if you are reading/observing, this is the "market opportunity" to which I referred. You can reasonably expect a wave en masse of Texans fans hungry for Texans football this weekend!!
    :fans:

4. TEXANSFAN1

TEXANSFAN1 Rookie

Just heard it on the Radio as well. KVET fm afternoon DJ in Austin made mention of KEYE's crap and said although he liked Vince Young he would rather watch the TEXANS since they are a Texas team.

It's starting to hit the fan.

:pirate:

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Good job Rockabilly and everyone else who has gotten involved... It starts with a couple and builds to an undeniable movement. Keep it up and I will do my part here in Houston....

:texflag:

6. salinaspaul

salinaspaul Rookie

I'm outta the loop - what happened?

7. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

I can hear the spin from Gary Vinson. It went according to plan by depriving the Texans' fans , it spurred them into action.Blah Blah Blah Keye 42 still suxs!

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Great job. Hopefully KEYE starts to see the movement. Seriously, why would you show Tennesee Titan games when you are the Capitol of Texas?

10. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I am glad you guys are getting a reaction now !! I just want to know, what will you guys do once they come around AND start showing the Texans on a weekly basis, will you stay at home and watch it or still support the bars or places that have been showing it. It's like a catch 22 for ya'll.. Save $$ and watch it in the comfort of your homes or still support the places that showed it all these years..That's a tough call you will have to make, but I applaud your efforts to get under the skin of KEYE and to force a change !!

11. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Personally, I like watching the game in the comfort of my own home - and uh... being able to monitor fantasy stuff on my laptop during the games.

HOWEVER - the get together at 3rd Base was SO much fun that I can totally see myself continuing to do that even when KEYE shows the games. The noise we made was so loud - it just felt good to be around other Houston Texan fans. Loved it.

So, to answer the previous question - I think I might see most of the games at 3rd Base regardless of what KEYE does.

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I think fan involvement in experiencing the game together and the issue with K-Eye are linked only to a certain point once the Texans begin to win.

There are plenty of Houstonians in this market and eventually those folks will want to go view with other like fans in a bar environment as we are social creatures who like to thump chests when the times are good. The beginning of this was to have a home for Austin Texans fans, not fight KEYE. The Texans progress and KEYE's actions are the gasoline and match in this scenario.

13. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I agree, I like being around others who enjoy the Texans and being able to :highfive: and cheer the Team on and just have fun.

14. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Heck I am paying for the NFL Ticket and still would go to the bar instead!
    The revolution is better in numbers, those who sit at home need to get involved.:fans:

15. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

So that is why we never had a couch revolution!
    :pirate:

16. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Given a choice between watching the game at home, and watching it like we did this past Sunday, I'm choosing Third Base. It was the raucous atmosphere, good service, and just being around a bunch of Texans fans.

KEYE already let the horse out of the barn.

17. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Alright, the first ad space goes to KEYE42Sucks.com. Here is the banner [​IMG]

18. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

:thumbup

Great ad!

19. Studdard64

Studdard64 Rookie

Hey y'all, new to the board, but a Texan from the start.

I've contacted KEYE sponsors letting them know that myself, and anyone willing to listen to me, would not be using their products as long as KEYE aired the Titans.

I watched the game at the new Little Woodrow's down south, but would love to join the crowd at 3rd base this weekend. If it gets here in time, I'll be the guy in the Studdard jersey. If not I'll probably sport the DeMeco or Mario one instead.

Look forward to meeting some of y'all.

20. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

VERY NICE. Thats awesome. Let's hope I have to increase my site bandwidth.