Atlanta Eyeing Schaub

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HoustonFrog, May 30, 2007.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Sorry, I didn't know where to fit this one but I couldn't stop laughing when I read it on the brushback.com. I love this site.(WARNING: Humor Sports Site. Don't get lathered up)

"Falcons To Look Into Availability Of Houston’s Matt Schaub
    ATLANTA--With their starting quarterback, Michael Vick, facing a possible six-game suspension for his alleged involvement in a dog fighting ring, the Atlanta Falcons are looking to shore up their depth at the quarterback position. Tops on their wish list? Houston signal caller Matt Schaub, who would be a perfect fit for the Falcons offense. “Matt is an accurate quarterback who has knowledge of the style of offense we play,” said GM Rich McKay. “I’ve always been an admirer of his and would love it if he came to play for us. Now it’s just a matter of talking to the Texans to see if we can’t work out a deal. In a perfect world, we’d be able to get him for a couple of second round picks in next year’s draft, but nobody would be that stupid. In fact, it would probably insult their intelligence if I even made that offer.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/

2. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The Schaub haters are ready for this to happen.

:joker:

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Hilarious! lol:

I spent a little time on the Falcons board last night, and a good portion of that fanbase is in total denial. Half of those moron's think Vick hung the moon and stars and that he is totally and completely innocent, and that basically this is a witch hunt. Unreal.

The other half want Schaub back. Oh well, too late now boys. Maybe 2 #1 picks and we would think about it. :doot:

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Jerrius Norwood, Demorrio Williams, a few draft picks, and Dante Hall.

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Can you help me out here? What is a "Schaub hater"?

I'm curious, because I might be one. Is it someone who doesn't believe he can single-handedly turn around the franchise, or someone who wants to see him prove what he has on the field for an entire season before ordaining him the next Brett Favre? I fit in those categories, but I also think he is a much needed piece in fixing the offense, so I don't think I'm really a hater.

I'm just interested, because I don't recall seeing a lot of posts bashing and hating on Schaub.

6. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I think the only true Schaub-haters would be caddy and Hulk. Since Hulk is gone, we might as well drop the plural on it.

7. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Why the hell is that site even alive if it writes up like BSPN?

8. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Carr lovers = Schaub haters

9. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I have to admit, I miss pestering Hulk.:doot:

The article I like the most was the "Madden Curse Strikes Vince Young In Form Of ****ty Wide Receivers". I thought it was appropriate.

:fans:

10. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I think you miss the point of the story. The punchline is that only a stupid GM would give Schaub up for 2 2nd rounders and the Falcons GM is therefore implying his own stupidity.

It was a dig at the Falcons not us.

11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Yeah, I almost posted that one too. That site is always good for some laughs. There was one last week that said Goodall, the NFL commish, was going to use reverse psychology on the league and start condoning illegal activities. There were these fake quotes where he was saying that he was even getting into it by going to the restroom in the handicap stall, etc.

12. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Funny article with a grain of truth in there. I'm not sure Atlanta makes the trade if they knew then, what they know now.

13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

That is NOT true Yank!! I supported David Carr as a Texan, and hope he does well as a Panther. BUT, Matt Schaub is NOW a TEXAN and I will support him 100%.

It drives me nuts when posters think that just because some of us refuse to bash David every time we log on, that we are in LOVE with him, and will HATE anyone else who wears #8. That is just so friggin dumb!! David is GONE!! Matt Schaub is now the player we all hope will turn this team around, and to try to turn this into a LOVE/HATE issue is simply pathetic. Maybe I'm just old and naive, but, I don't understand the hate thing at all.

14. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Seriously, I don't think that anyone here is a "Schaub hater." That was really a joke for anyone who's ever been called a "Carr hater." It's looking now like it was a pretty obtuse one.

There are Schaub haters, but I don't think that any of them have come back yet since the switch. Since I'd like to keep it that way, I won't call them out by name (kinda like Beetlejuice.)

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I think the Yankee's definition of a Carr lover is a person who is strictly a fan of Carr and not the team. Between the two boards there are a few posters that fall in this catagory. Correct me if I'm wrong Yankee, but that's the way I define a Carr lover.:cool:

16. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Why would anyone read anything on brushback?

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Pure entertainment:)

I think it is hilarious and alot of the stuff is exactly what many people are thinking,

18. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

are you ready for some football?

I for one was not happy @ the time the Texans traded two seconds & swapped #8 w/#10. but I'm also happy to be wrong, dead wrong on this issue which by all apearences it seems to be looking like so far.

first I wanted Landry or Levi Brown with the 8th selection, turns out both where already gone anyway (how'd that work for Atlanta).

second, Matt Schaub was our 2nd rd. pick (this year & next) but sure seems like at least worth a mid 1st which seems more like fair value now.

third releasing Carr, means a truely new beginning, a seperation from the past. a better line, more weapons & undeniably young dynamic defense should all be factors that allow Schaub to excell where David fell off :cool:

19. petedy

petedy Veteran

I guess you can call me a Carr Lover but I really am not but I just didn't like hatred directed towards David.I am not a Schaub hater and I think he'll do well if they improve the o-line.Runningback wise they had a small improvement.Although I support Carr I believe he had to leave for the good of the team and himself.I don't think David and Kubiak saw things the same way and probably caused friction between them.Besides Kubiak wanted someone he hand picked rather than someone he inherited.David is in the best situation for him and the Texans have a new begining with Matt.Now there is hope for all parties concern.carr, thinks the Texans will make the playoffs this year and he believes they have improved a lot.Carr lost a lot in his desire and confidence the last two years with the Texans and it was his time to go because nobody was going to improve with him on the team.Especially Carr with loss of confidence and his desire.Now as a backup in Carolina his fire is coming back and sitting for year will only help him improve and that's something that should have been done five years ago. Now with Schaub you have that veteran who sat for three years learning the WCO and all fired up ready to lead and a perfect fit for the Texans. I bet the Falcons are thinking they let go of the wrong QB.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think the “lover” & “hater” think really only applies to extreme thinking. If you thought David Carr was the only problem on our offense, then you'd be a "Carr hater". Inversely, if none of the problems on offense was the fault of Carr, then you'd be a "Carr lover".

So by applying these rules of judgement, a Schaub "hater" or "lover" would have to fall into the extreme thoughts processes. I have yet to encounter either since Schaub was signed, but I say give it time. Success or failure will determine and shape the perception of some folks.