At what point do you start rooting for the Colts?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Hookem Horns, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I already started :heh:. I'm hoping Seattle or KC gets him. (I would say STL, but they have Bradford already... and is Bulger still dead cap space? :thinking: )

3. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Never.

The draft is such a crapshoot, Luck could suck. In fact there could be some no name QB in the 6th round of the 2012 draft that becomes the next great thing. There may be sure things at other positions...like everyone knew Suh was going to be a beast or Andre etc etc...but there is no such thing as a sure thing at QB since the position is so mental.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Rooting for the Colts IS rooting against them. Why do you think Colts fans already want the #1 pick and a lot of them are rooting for their team to lose?

I started rooting for them week 2, because I knew how putrid they were going to be without Manning. It's hard to say you don't care if the Colts get the #1 pick with a QB of Luck's caliber at the top of the board. Yeah the draft is a crap shoot, but guess what? I'd rather they didn't get a opportunity to throw the dice, because they could roll 7's and then it'll be us who craps out.

dc_txtech likes this.
  5. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

It really doesn't matter though. Not getting the #1 pick could work out better for them if they were smart. They could get another stud at another position at the rate they are going they are going to get a #1 player at his position. They may not get Luck they could get Berkley or Landry to succeed Manning. Whose to really say who will be better out of those three? Drafting in the top 5 they are going to get a top QB prospect if they want it.

If they suck, they suck and they will get a great prospect either way drafting in the top 5. That's kinda the point i'm Making, and there is no guarantee on Luck. Berkley could be better, or so could Landry Jones.

As for it being us the one that craps out...well if they DO get Luck he's going to take 1-3 years of learning and adjusting. By that time with Wade Phillips the Texans SHOULD have a elite defense to deal with that(unless Kubiak fails and the whole thing blows up which could happen...). If not it will be our own fault for sucking.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

For every Suh and Johnson .... there are a dozen Charles Rogers' or Dewayne Robertson .... Just two examples of top ten busts - those two were taken at #'s 2 and 4 of the 2003 draft , before and after AJ. Both are out of the league.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  7. SuperSerial

SuperSerial Rookie

I'm pretty much at peace with the Colts' sucking.

HJam72 likes this.
  8. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    When they play Tennessee & Jacksonville this year... and Kansas City, too.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

This is where I think the NFL should have a lottery of the Top 5 "worst" teams.

It could stop teams from intentional tanking (trying to get the #1 pick) because they know there are four other teams who will have a 1-in-5 chance to get the #1 pick.

Picks 1-through-5 would be decided by holding a lottery. As each ball pops up, that team takes the slot.

Call it "The Manning Rule."

10. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I agree with you and your avatar. :tiphat:

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

When they play the Titans or Cowboys. Otherwise, screw 'em.

Besides, Manning is so arrogant and the Colts organization so wrapped around his finger that I'm not so sure that they will be convinced he won't play next season and beyond. They've already displayed this tendency in the past pre-season, so no reason not to see the trend continuing through next off-season.

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What? Peyton's not gonna play forever?!?!? :mcnugget:

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

what's 10 years from now?

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

The Colts will have plenty of company in the 1-4 wins group. KC, Minn, Seattle, Denver, could all have very bad seasons. I think they all have a good chance at sucking for Luck this year.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Yup I'm not gonna lie, I hope they win a few games. Ideally if they were to beat Jacksonville and Tennessee that would be awesome!

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I hope they do draft a QB, so the fans can start bitching about Manning and create a controversy to undermine his authority. As we know, all it takes is a small group of vocal fans to do the trick. Some fans are fickle that way, and never seem to have any qualms about stabbing franchise players in the back once they start seeing diminished returns.

Just like Montana in Kansas City, I'd just as soon see Manning finish his career outside of our division.

17. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

18. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

who says LUCk will be good anywayz jesus LOL

anywho NEVER !!!! i hope they go 0-16 !!!!!!!!!!!!! serves them right

19. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

The suck for Luck sweepstakes is not my main concern because Peyton missing this year drops IND this low (est top 5 draft status) it might not be Luck we need to worry about. Peyton comes back next year puts IND right in the race again except now they will be drafting top side of the draft every round collecting more weapons.

20. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Eh I really don't think that any team "tanks" on purpose.

An organization's front office may wish to lose on purpose. But it would be impossible to convince a coach and an entire team of professional players to set their pride aside and lose on purpose.

The draft is fine just the way it is. The worst team should get the first pick.