Asomugha Watch Thread

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mexican_texan, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Longtime Raiders Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan has taken the Cleveland job with Mangini, taking from the Raiders the best part of the team. I expect he'll take his staff with him, making Oakland a less desirable place for Free Agents.

2. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Any word on Jabari Greer?

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I really, really hope that Aso complains SO much that Oakland won't tag him... forcing the Raiders to work a sign-and-trade.

Man, that kid's a winner. I really hope winning is near the top of his list for potential destinations.

I hope AJ does some politicking when he's in Hawaii.

4. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Well, DieHardChris, all Aso wants to do is win a SuperBowl. With the current state of the Raiders, he won't win one there in a long time. He will definitely try his hardest to get out of Oakland, I doubt even a fat check would keep him there. Hopefully AJ is damn good at "politicking", since most likely every other player there will be doing the same thing:winky:

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Link

Love to have him, but I wouldn't give up a 1st+ and a Nate Clements beating contract to get him.

6. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I hope they slap it on him ASAP, because it will be nice to get past all the talk about how we need to sign him. It's never, ever been a possibility.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

This is a team that gave Deangello hall a 7 year, $70 million contract and cut him midseason
    A team that signed Javon Walker to a 6 year, $55 million deal. More than Randy Moss got!
    A team that fired a decent head coach midway through the season

When Al Davis is the owner of your team, anything is possible.

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I think this could be a good thing for Houston. Our offense is looking really good and hopefully the OL will play better next season since theyve all been together. Our defense should get a lot of attention this offseason + a new DC, we could see a major turnaround. If we fill half the holes we have on defense or at least build up some more depth...

Houston will be much more enticing for a high calibre player to come here next year than any year in the past. If we can have a big turnaround on the D... we may be able to land the 1st high profile huge FA signing we've ever had... the one that puts us into the Super Bowl!

9. Kulluminatii

:spit:

Lol, so true...sadly, so true=\

10. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

No doubt. I wouldn't be surprised at ANYTHING that happens with the Raiders.

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Man, the Raiders are being picked apart. It kinda makes me feel sorry for the players (except the ones getting millions of undeserved money from Al).

I'm sure coaches are going to be knocking down Al's door for a shot to coach the Raiders. :sarcasm:

Might as well sign Cable before he realizes how f-ed that organization is

12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

The way he handled the firing of Lane Kiffin, it's going to be hard for anyone to accept a head coaching position with a once proud organization. Al might as well hire Michael Scott as HC.

13. Kulluminatii

Well, there are rumors floating around that Bill Parcells might become the Raiders GM if Al decides to relinquish some power and put a GM in place. Rumor shouldn't be too far off from the truth, considering the fact that Bill and Al are good ol' pals and all.

If Parcells can do to the Raiders what he did to the Dolphins, man, that will be something =P

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The Al Davis of 20 or 30 years ago would have named Rob Ryan the head coach. I don't know what more he could have done to earn the spot.

15. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

My plan B.

:chickendance: