Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Articles that make us angry in this thread! #%@#$

b0ng

Bad Hombre
So, I figure this can be just one superthread so that we can trash most of the mainstream sports media. Just copy and paste the next paragraph and have it fit the article you found.

"Here's some garbage article from ESPN/SportsIllustrated/Sportsline/Rush Limbaugh talking about how bad Mario Williams/Demarcus Faggins/The Towel Boy is at the game of football. Who keeps feeding these sportswriters bad info/poor opinions/crack? Furthermore I cannot believe somebody would employ Pete Prisco/John McClaine/Hulk Hogan to write about sports. In conclusion : NO RESPEKT."

ESPN's Studs and Duds

DUDS

Texans' goal-line offense

Houston's inability to score TDs on two second-half drives inside the 5 cost the Texans dearly in the loss to Atlanta. A second-and-goal from the 4 resulted in a field goal, and a first-and-goal from the 3 resulted in a missed field goal.
While he does bring up a good point I just got one word. ESPiN

Leahmic223

Veteran
Seriously I'd have it this way :shades:

Everyone was getting on the bandwagon started to slow us down. Its just one bad game, but I am sure we'll be hearing some "Same ol' Texans." I mean Chron.com has articles up there acting like we're 2-10 or something. Its one bad game and at least we're still .500 and will be getting guys back for Miami I hope.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
The truth is the truth. I mean we all saw it with our own eyes. You know when you funnel the third down plays, and the goal line plays at a forty to fifty percent clip through one guy, all be it a HOF canidate guy, when that guy goes down, and the other guys aren't getting targets, you pay a price. So remind me again what was our third down conversion rate this game ? It's not bad luck. It's about the quality of coaching they recieve between April to September. You prepare for worst case scenarios so that when they happen it's no big deal. And judging by the results yesterday, our coaches have not prepared the players well for worst case scenarios. This dog sleeps at the coach's door.

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Seriously I'd have it this way :shades:

Everyone was getting on the bandwagon started to slow us down. Its just one bad game, but I am sure we'll be hearing some "Same ol' Texans." I mean Chron.com has articles up there acting like we're 2-10 or something. Its one bad game and at least we're still .500 and will be getting guys back for Miami I hope.
Agreed. But the herd is realizing that their 12- 4 predictions in all reality have gone out the window. At 3-1 , they can finish 500 and have a shot in the last game at a wild card. And they were close enough in both losses it wasn't pie in the sky stuff. At 2-2 it looks like the same old ame old. They could still get on a run. But the big old bull in the china shop is simply this: If they want a play off run now, they got to go on a four game winning streak. And October dosen't look good for that. Right now they are just treading water untill the "playmaker" and the first down "rain maker" gets back. 'Course if sherman keeps running that dig three or four times in a row at the same Safties, I don't know how long the rain maker will be back for ? They prety much beat Davis up yesterday also. Then there's the little center problem that has rear it's ugly head up once more. This team is learning to over come a lot of stuff.
If it doesn't kill to many of them they'll be a heck of a team in '08.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
So, I figure this can be just one superthread so that we can trash most of the mainstream sports media. Just copy and paste the next paragraph and have it fit the article you found.

"Here's some garbage article from ESPN/SportsIllustrated/Sportsline/Rush Limbaugh talking about how bad Mario Williams/Demarcus Faggins/The Towel Boy is at the game of football. Who keeps feeding these sportswriters bad info/poor opinions/crack? Furthermore I cannot believe somebody would employ Pete Prisco/John McClaine/Hulk Hogan to write about sports. In conclusion : NO RESPEKT."

ESPN's Studs and Duds

While he does bring up a good point I just got one word. ESPiN
Why is it "no respect" when it's the truth?

We had a bad day yesterday, in all phases of the game (brown's miss brings down all the of the ST grades). I think the best thing to come out of yesterday is the one player who should be getting very little of the blame, Matt Schaub, is the one publicly taking on the most blame.

If the only things that come out of this year are expierence for the rookies and finding out that Schaub will be the QB here for the next decade I'm ok with that.

IlliniJen

Hall of Fame
Pretty much everything written on the chron.com sports pages, especially McClain. Like my mom would say: "those guys are like a fart in a windstorm." I miss having some journalistic competition in Houston for those Chronicle folks.

R

real

I think the snippet is true.

I don't see any Espinning going on.

TexanSam

Hall of Fame
Why should we get angry at that? It's the truth. There's no spin to it. Our red zone and goal line offense has been pretty bad all season.