Article on Okoye

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Shaft75, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Draft snub by Petrino teaches Okoye about business of NFL
    By KRISTIE RIEKEN AP Sports Writer

Many Falcons fans are upset that Okoye wasn't plucked off the board with the #8 pick.

Here is what one guy offered up on the Roost Forum:

2. Rex King

Rex King Veteran

Petrino couldn't have predicted that their starting DT would have been injured in a freak accident the day of the draft, though. They must have done something to anger the football gods. Or dogs.

Texans Horror likes this.
  3. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

This game is more than just a Schaub homecoming now.

4. Dallas_Texan

Dallas_Texan Veteran

That would be great if Amobi and Schaub fire up their respective defense and offense up!

5. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well, they're in the MCFaddin sweeps for sure . It was nice for someone else to make a mistake for a change. Thought Smith and Kubiak did a great job with the draft. Musta been some pressure not to take the move down deal.

6. threetoedpete

No what it is is a trap game. There is nothing more dangerous than a wounded football team. Someone smarter than me has already posted it, it's a trap game.
    They gotta go on the road, where you don't get the calls and you don't get the home cooking and after a dissapointing game preform. They gotta shut down another great tight end, and corral 3 WCO wide outs. The QB gets hot , we turn the ball over and don't pick up the FF's, we're in trouble. The Falcons lose this one they are all playing for next year. Win it and they get to play spoilers. Gotta take care of bussiness. And the first order is do not underestimate this football team. They gotta earn that third one.

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

No, it is not a trap game. :wild:

8. real

real Guest

Wow. Talk about perspective.

Now ATL is so dangerous because they've been sucking ? :um:

How many of you thought we were a dangerous team when we sucked ?

I wouldn't say this is a trap game because the Texans haven't proven to be an upper echelon team yet. BUT we are the better team. A trap game would be Indianapolis losing to us last Christmas.

Trap games are games that you go into thinking your opponent has no chance. We are the better team, but I don't think anyone is thinking ATL is gonna just roll over or that Houston will simply dominate.

9. threetoedpete

Well you boys just go ahead and visit the ditech guys, get that second mortage, and bet the fram on it then. Indy last year was not a trap game. They had the play offs locked and three DTs and Bob Sanders out. Atlanta has just enough tallent left standing that we go down hill with the turnovers and calls, anything is possible. They walk in there believing the hype they're going to get beat. They don't put the news paper clipings in the "W" column.

10. real

real Guest

If last year's game wasn't a trap game for Indy becasue of those injuries, how can this game be a trap game for us with all of our injuries ?

Think about what you're saying.

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yes, but IIRC they were playing that game for a first round bye and home field throughout.

My decoder could translate the remainder of what you're trying to say. Sorry.:specnatz:

12. threetoedpete

becaue Einstien, we are favored and they are precieved as having no chance at competing with us. And that kind of a thought process, especailly on the road, will get your but beat.

13. real

real Guest

But a lot of people thought that we were capable of beating the Colts last year ? :um:

I don't understand how a team still struggling to prove to everyone that they are good can have a trap game..

But a team that has proven to be dominant going up against a poor team isn't a trap game...

I think you have it backwards...JMO...

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Are you drunk?

"You been suckin back a little Grandpa's cough medicine, have ya?"

:shots:

15. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Like Indy wasn't favored by a heck of a lot more than 3 on the road against us last year even with their injuries. Guaranteed more people are giving the Falcons a chance against us than were giving us a chance against the Colts last season. We were 0-9 against them going into that game.

16. threetoedpete

lol who's dominated who this season ? That is the reason it is a trap game. The Falcons out of your own mouth, "a poor team" has no chance.....think about it some more. We're coming off an emotional loss. They have nothing to lose.

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Can we agree that if we keep our heads focused on the game plan and not incur serious injuries, we should win?

18. threetoedpete

Well cak, when I saw Sanders wan't playing and they had three DTs down, and we're at home....I was prety sure we had a chance.

They match up very well against us. They have big WCO WRs. They have a great TE. They have an elite scat back. All of those thingys are trouble. And I can see that they are a couple of bobbled balls, a couple of turn overs to evening the game out. What these guys are saying is that since we've got more wins than them, they are going to lay down to us. Gonna find out a whole lot about this team come sunday that's for sure. We're on the road. We've just come off an emotional loss. They have nothing to lose. Trap game.

19. threetoedpete

I'll buy that one. I'm not foolish enough to dismiss the Falcons out of hand though.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Sorry, but you are just bass ackwards on this one. Exactly what you are saying about the threat they pose on the field is obvious to just about everyone and is why this is not a trap game, i.e. one which a team should be thinking is an easy win. Maybe a few fans are thinking that way, but I think there is zero% chance the Texans are thinking that way. Coming off a loss reinforces the idea that the Texans will take this game seriously rather than lightly. If they had beat the Colts I could see them being overconfident and dismissive of the Falcons--that would be a trap game.