Article on Corey Bradford

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texan279, Aug 8, 2006.

1. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1154994021150680.xml&coll=1

"When I was in Houston, we had a bunch of speed guys, but we didn't use it," Bradford said. "When we played the (Baltimore) Ravens last year, one of their (defensive players) told me that we hadn't run a deep route of more than 20 yards in the past 80-some plays. They had been scouting us and he said `You have all that speed and you don't run.' It's not like that here."

According to Lions quarterback Jon Kitna, Martz keeps "the pedal down all the time."

"All the time," Bradford concurred. "And what I like about this offense is that anybody can get the ball. When I was in Houston, people were always saying `cover two' (when two safeties split deep coverage) can shut us down. Here, we love `cover two' because that means we're going to spread it out and go down the field even more.

"I'd like to see what I could do (in terms of yards and touchdowns) if I have something like 70 or 75 catches. I'd like to see what my average would be, and I think I'm finally in that offense."

2. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

All true. None of it changes the fact that the kid had hands of stone.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Only one problem, sherlock:

YOU CAN'T CATCH! (or don't, anyway)

He's right about the playcalling though. Pendry is such a genious. :sarcasm:

4. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

I'd say he was pretty honest and accurate. I also believe things will be different this year.

5. TexanDave

TexanDave Veteran

Unfortunately he is right about last year's offense. This year will be completely different.

6. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

it will definitely be different...this offense will take their shots

7. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Another negative mark on Capers' ''coaching''. I wish the best for Bradford in Detroit. He frustated me with his constant drops, they were always at crucial times. I think he has a good chance to have a better season than Gaffney in Philly.

8. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Probably not much different. The WCO isn't a deep ball kind of offense. It's more of a short to intermediate route based offense (controlled). But i'm sure you know that though.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Good luck to Corey Bradford. I hope he makes Detroit forget all about Mike Williams.:shoot:

On a related note, I was talking to a Lions fan about Corey Bradford and he told me that he is way better than what they had in Bill Schroeder and Az-Zahir Hakim, who were said to drop 10 passes before catching one(obviously exagerrated stats--I hope.)