Armstrong

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Rwilco, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Rwilco

Rwilco Rookie

Well, do we get Army back this season or not?

A Saskatchewan Roughrider fan.

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

The New England Patriots are interested in the sure-handed Armstrong.

3. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

We have given him the RFA tender so if someone wants to sign him to an offer sheet then they can do that, otherwise he stays here.

4. texanfan2100

texanfan2100 Veteran

Where does he fit with the Texans, though? We have Johnson, Moulds, Walter, and Mathis. Armstrong couldn't get on the field when we had junk at receiver. How's he supposed to get on the field now that we have NFL receivers on the roster? I guess we could hope that the old coaching staff really was THAT stupid, and that Armstrong could excel under the new staff.

5. cyanides

cyanides Rookie

Not only that but we will probably have Bush also. If and when we go 4 or 5 reciever sets, Bush will probably be lined up in the slot.

Maybe on third and longs if Mathis proves he has the hands of Bradford, Armstrong might be in there instead.

6. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

He wont take too many snaps at WR. Hes just to raw and not ready to play WR in the NFL. He will return kicks and maybe catch 20 balls for a couple hundred yards and 2-3 long TDs. Armstrong will be the fourth WR if we retain him, with Mathis playing sparingly as the 5th when Bush doesnt play the slot.

7. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Armstrong will be retained for depth and IR. No pun intended, but our receiver corps is much stronger than ever, and I don't think he has a chance to see the field as anything but a benchwarmer.

8. tex

tex Veteran

Armstrong has better hands than Mathis just not better speed so it's a toss up between those two at this point,IMO.

9. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

There has been some knocks against his route running too.

10. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

It is going to be a fight for him to make roster. If we carry 5 Wr is year.

1. AJ
    2. EMO
    3. Walker
    4. Mathis

that leaves Armstrong, Doering, Morgan, Schifino and Starling battling it out for #5 (and that doesn't could any draftees or vets picked up after June 1 cuts).

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

As I've stated elsewhere, we are taking a lot of players into camp. There will be some painful cuts at many positions. This is good though - I'm glad we are choosing depth from quality players.

12. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Picture a 4 wide set with AJ, Moulds, Walter and Armstrong. Talk about a size advantage.

And when Lil' Shanahan sees what kind of speed Lord has and moves him to WR...

13. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I don't see Armstrong making the team. Walter was brought in to be the slot.

I wonder if any other team employs 3 pro bowl WRs. For that matter, has anyone ever had 3? Granted, Mathis was a pro-bowler because of his return skills. Still, that's not a bad corps.

14. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The more I think of it, Armstrong could give Mathis a run for his money since Mathis cuts like a golf cart. I know lots of us are endeared to Mathis because he was one of the shining moments last year, and he did make the Pro Bowl (fourth Texan to do that), but even when running returns last year, he seemed really green. Maybe the coaches can help him in the offseason if they work out whatever issues they have.