Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Arlington's team" is so lousy

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
they made us look good last weekend. Then we had to go to Pittsburgh and
play a real NFL team. Even in meaningless exhibition games on the road, truly
good teams don't lose by 5 touchdowns. And good teams have some consistancy because with a certain level of talent , they don't get blown away when they're having an "off day" as we did last night. And I almost think the game plan was to avoid contact so as to avoid injury in preseason. Unless Hollings rib injury was serious, maybe that strategy worked. We might actually become a good team before the season is over - but we have a ways to go.

I agree with your points about needing more consistent play, but your superbowl champions

1- Lost 31-3 last night
2- Lost a game 31-0 last year in a regular season game

Sometimes a bad game is a bad game. If the Texans are able to respond and play well Friday then much of this will be forgotten.

I agree with AlringtonTexan. Last night was a terrible game. On top of sometimes just playing a bad game, sometimes those games just get carried away and no matter what you try it won't change anyhting. I personally think that was one of those games where the Texans were getting beat and then once they were down two touchdowns the game just got away from them and there wouldn't have been able to do anything to keep it close.

nunusguy said:
good teams don't lose by 5 touchdowns. And good teams have some consistancy because with a certain level of talent , they don't get blown away when they're having an "off day" as we did last night. And I almost think the game plan was to avoid contact so as to avoid injury in preseason. Unless Hollings rib injury was serious, maybe that strategy worked. We might actually become a good team before the season is over - but we have a ways to go.

The defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots lost by 4 touchdowns in a meaningless road exhibition to the Bengals yesterday. They missed by one touchdown so I guess they're a step above "lousy". In fact, didn't they also lose their season opener at Buffalo 31-0 last year? Amazing they were able to win a game after that.

Or maybe, just maybe, anything can happen week to week in this league.

nunusguy said:

It's a preseason game. Just like last week. Just becasue you beat the Cowboys in a preseason game doesn't mean you are a playoff contender or going to the SB like a lot fans think. But on the other hand if you lose like they did last night doesn't mean your season is over.

ArlingtonTexan said:
I agree with your points about needing more consistent play, but your superbowl champions

1- Lost 31-3 last night
2- Lost a game 31-0 last year in a regular season game

Sometimes a bad game is a bad game. If the Texans are able to respond and play well Friday then much of this will be forgotten.
You make some good points. I didn't know about last nights game, but the
game last year (31-0), an early season game against Buffalo I think, yea that was quite a turn around on NEs part. Just maybe we're not that far from being
consistantly competitive.

DFAN said:
Just becasue you beat the Cowboys in a preseason game doesn't mean you are a playoff contender or going to the SB like a lot fans think.

LoL, reminds me of a guy at work last week who was telling me that the Texans could go undefeated this year after he watched the Dallas game. Some people are just like that. :rofl:

The NFL is a very tough league. Every team has stars and every team is good. I don't get all the mania, but it will never end. Most of the more astute fans have said on more than one occasion that we will be an improved team but a team that is at or around .500

You have to be very good to be average in the NFL. The jump from "good team" to elite team is the hardest jump to make. We are trying to jump from one of the worst to "good" this year. We are on our way. Anyone who makes too much out of the preseason either doesn't understand the dynamic of the NFL mentality when it comes to team assembly or has not been a fan of the league very long.

Even a winning record doesn't look good at the end of the season sometimes.

Signed,

The Maimi Dolphins.

Back