Arian sounds really down

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by drs23, Dec 21, 2010.

1. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I saw this interview with Winston, Antonio and Arian. Foster is the last segment at about the 1:50 mark. My home speakers aren't the best and he kinda mumbles but it sounds to me like he said he was ready to go back in and just didn't get the call. Did I misunderstand? Or is he being saved for next year?

2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Well, he said he was ready to go back in, and healthy. But, he had been limping earlier. Just very dissapointed in the loss.

3. False Start

False Start On # 69

Some dumbass on the radio just said, the reason the Texans held him out is because they dont want to pay any bonuses he may have in his contract....BTW a Cowboys fan. :wadepalm:

4. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

knowing the cheapskate we have in the owner's box, maybe he called his buddy Kubiak who is 'on the right track' and told him to sit him down so he doesn't get the stats.

That way McNair won't have to pay the NFL's leading rusher, the NFL's leading rusher money when its time to pay the piper.

maybe I am being a little cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me. being the 'NFL leading rusher' is a pretty good bargaining chip. Now that chip is to be squashed it seems...

FIRE BOB

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I wouldn't hold it past Rick Smith. He's a pretty smarmy fella.

6. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Either that or they FINALLY made a good freakin' choice and gave one of our stars a rest! Everybody on here knows how short the shelf life of an NFL back is, why would we want to send out Foster in a meaningless game when he is less than 100%? Limit his touches in the last few games, pay him, reap the rewards next season. Simple.

7. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    That's what crossed my mind. Hell, AJ's been playing with a high ankle sprain since the second game and he's not sitting. I did see Jacoby getting a lot more snaps Sunday though so maybe they're resting him a little but I did think about *someone* not wanting him to get the title. If there's any truth to that, well it just sux.:foottap:

8. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

1. The run had been ineffective all game

2. We were down by multiple TD

3. Pretty sure Foster will be a ERFA

4. The Texans have no problems paying players, especially deserving players

Bob certainly deserves criticism, and lots of it. There's no reason to levy false criticism.

9. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

i would expect this from you and maybe a few others on this board and I could count them on one hand. Needless to say I am going to take this with me and give it to Bob Himself and Tell him to keep it up and maybe we will not see you around much longer. If I were Bob and I had fans with your attitude I would Move to Memphis Just to stuff it down your throat.:wadepalm:

10. BetaV1

BetaV1 Veteran

Reading between the lines...
    [​IMG]

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Wait, so Arian Foster felt like he could go back in however the coach felt otherwise and kept him on the bench?

Why didn't Foster throw his pads into the stands? The least he could have done is cuss out Kubiak in the locker room and walk out on his coach (not his teammates btw). AF clearly is not a winner.

drs23, False Start and Lauren like this.
  12. False Start

False Start On # 69

:lol:

13. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Signed,
    Chris Johnson.

:kitten:

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Jackass!!!

Must've been Second Honeymoon calling in.

15. Second Honeymoon

good one TB. your about as funny as anal warts.

and if anyone knows about those, it would be you.

ba-dum-pa *punchline drums*

and I love how all this hate is directed towards me even though i was the one who was warning this was all gonna happen. i was actually quite positive and hopeful too once the season started....but whatever, here I am. The board's whipping boy. Go for it. Just another day. Take your frustrations at being fooled by this band of losers out on me. No big deal. i wear it like a badge of honor. Maybe people should spend less time trying to flame me and more time getting some real and honest insight towards their football team and the disaster that it has become.

I like you, TB. You don't like me. No big deal. Whether its jealousy or hatred, I don't know...and really don't care.

hope the Aggies beat LSU and good job on the Aggies punking Nebraska.

16. Texan_Bill

It's not a matter whether I like you or you like me. It's about your redundant posts.

Why don't you just create a "form post" that looks something like this:

You could then just copy and paste, saving yourself a lot of typing.

17. Second Honeymoon

redundant posts? more like redundant franchise. its not my fault its the same thing over and over.

bad coaching. bad management/personnel decisions. poor ownership and leadership.

if the Texans were something other than that, I would write something other than that. feel free to refer to my posts during the halcyon days of the early season. I was skeptical but was happy with being 4-2 even with needing comebacks against average to below average teams. was I redundant then too?

i call it like i see it, and its been this way so if my posts are redundant its because they give me little to no reason to ever change my tone because it was probably accurate and spot on from Day One...and it pretty much has been.

like i said before, my record speaks for itself. kubiak sucks and mcnair is cheap and happy with mediocrity.

both have played themselves out just as I expected...but McNair's 'Sunshine' review last week did catch me a bit by surprise...no way, i thought he was that oblivious but i guess he is actually a worse owner than i had originally thought. hopefully it was all a smokescreen and the good ole vote of confidence...but it felt like an actual vote of confidence....frightening. simply frightening.

18. Texan_Bill

From the WTF, is this dude high???

Link: TitansCentral - Trade Vince Young to Texans for Arian Foster, dont laugh it makes lots of sense????

Ummm yeah... If I were the Titans I would want that trade, too. Dump Vincent for Arian Foster??? Is this dude on glue??

:facepalm: Tinnbred fan!

19. Texan_Bill

Thanks for proving my point... :dontknowa

20. Second Honeymoon