Arian Nation baby!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Sep 12, 2010.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I am thinking of starting an Arian Foster fan club after today's 233 yard 3 touchdown performance against the Colts. Who all wants to be a part of Arian Nation?

Houston, we have a running game!!! The offensive line was opening holes today you could drive a truck through and Foster took full advantage!!!

Mario Williams had what I thought was his best game today. He was literally beating Manning like a red headed step child for all 4 quarters. Any other QB would've been sacked 4-5 times today but the hall of famer kept the Colts competitive even though he was being dropped HARD every other time he threw a pass. Peyton is tough as nails, he took a beating from # 90 today.

I am looking forward to the Texans running the South this season :-)

When Cushing gets back, things are gonna get downright violent for the rest of the NFL!!!

2. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

You know, I use the nickname in one of my comments in the game thread today and felt disgusting afterwards.

I can't use the nickname, since it's referring to a white supremacy gang that has done terrible things for years.

I opted to drop that nickname and pick up "Frosty" for his cold-blooded running abilities.

It's up to you guys on whether to use the former nickname or not; as for me, I'm just not comfortable using it.

3. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I'm down for joining the Arian nation. Liberty white power!

4. TheRealJoker

There is a difference between "Aryan" and "Arian".

5. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

Yeah this name just makes me wayyyy too uncomfortable. Kind of funny but too many people will take it the wrong way. Frosty is a stretch though but I don't have any suggestions for a replacement.

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

7. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

1. The guy does not fit the Aryan Nation's target demographics.
    2. The guys from the Aryan Nation are complete tools who need to be made fun of.
    3. It is funny.

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Arian Nation is a great name. It says what it's supposed to say with a great pun. Think about how pissed the Aryan Nation will be. Win Win.

9. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

10. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

True but it's close enough

All good points but you have to agree it could never be used in a mainstream setting. Just a texanstalk nickname at most I would think.

It would be nice to have a nickname for him that doesn't make people uncomfortable.

11. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

We went through this after the Cowboys game...it seems that the consensus is to not use this. I get the humor and thought it was really funny but...
    There were lots of other ideas out there for him and the most popular is Foster for Touchdown.
    Check Herv's sig.

12. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Why, is it Arian Nation. Why is these two names only separated by a letter. Where do you think the person who came up with this nickname got the idea from? It was referring, as a joke, to the brothers of the Ku Klux Clans.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean; if you were trying to say the creation of the nickname, Arian Nation, had nothing to do with Aryan Nation. What I said was that this name was a mock off from a white supremacy gang.

And yea, I know there is a difference between Arian and Aryan. For instance, one contains a single black member.

13. TheRealJoker

Names only have as much power as people let them. Arian Nation consists of fans of our RB!!!

14. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

I would like to know Arian's thoughts on this nickname. If he approves (doubt it) then I'm totally on board.

Doesn't his mom post on this board sometimes? Not sure I'd like her seeing this nickname thrown around but I would like to know her thoughts on the sitch.

15. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Fair enough. I'm positive no one means any foul when they use it.

haha, yea I guess so. The fans are residents and Foster is president.

16. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Sometimes we need to stop taking life so seriously...

All this political correctness is making things so bland and sterile that it's driving me crazy.

Like lets say we had a BEAST of a power back (Mike Alstott type) and if his last name was "Black"....I would LMAO if everybody chanted "Black Power" every time he plowed over someone. :)

17. Miggsy

Miggsy Tyrone Biggums

We can joke around about this stuff on message boards all we want it's just that if this became mainstream (posters and whatnot at games with Arian Nation sprawled across them) it could make our fan base look bad to more than a few people. It's funny if everyone is in on the joke though and that's why I'd like to know Arian's thoughts on it.

18. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Just a stupid idea. Why not think of a different name? Everyone else has a nickname that isn't a play off a white supremacy group.

If it's not something you would say in public, don't say it here. And if you would say that in public, you should probably stay at home.

19. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Also, I don't understand how it's funny at all. Where's the joke?

I'm glad we don't have someone named Reich on the team so people don't "joke" about starting a Third Reich fanclub.

20. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

I am glad Pollard didn't stay at home. This is football, making fun of some Nazi losers is not a big deal.