Arian Foster to be limited week 4 per the Mothership.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big Lou, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Just red this on the theredzone.org:

Houston Texans running back Arian Foster practiced today according to Nick Scurfield of Houstontexans.com. Head coach Gary Kubiah said of Foster, "He’s fine. He should be ok heading to the rest of the season now, hopefully."

Kubiak added, "It doesn't go from nothing to everything... We've got to bring him along the right way."

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/20522/Arian-Foster-expected-to-be-limited-Week-4/Default.aspx

Isn't this the exact opposite of what Kubes said before week 2? Didn't he say there's no limitations once he Arian plays. Either he's ready or he's not, there is no in between?

2. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Maybe he meant they won't limit the playcalling and what they will actually do with Arian when he's in, but the snaps will be limited.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Sounds to me as if we are making sure Arian doesn't have a season like he had last year $$.

4. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I see OD V2.0 coming with Arian's hammy. I sure hope not, but it sure looks like it which again would be very consistent with Doc Jean's prediction/prognosis. Dammit.

5. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I'm guessing they are going to limit his reps, not the playcalls. The hammie can be tweaked at any point this season. 20+ touches a game isn't going to increase the likelihood it gets worse.

6. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I doubt Kubiak is going to risk losing his job because of a little cash. The only reason Foster has missed time is because of his hamstring, has nothing to do with money.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Foster woke up this morning and said something along those lines....confused feelings about everything but nothing - it was in strict haiku form of course. Kubiak immediately made Foster room with malcontent James Davis. Expect Davis to tweet something profound shortly, but don't expect him on the game day roster.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Save Foster for the red zone. That seems to be where they need him the most.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

Red Zone moments should be a great time for Gary Kubiak to head to the bathroom and take a leak, IMO. He's the one fugging everything up down there, IMO.

Gets cute, forgets that Dennison knows what the hell he's doing. There's a total and complete "stylistic" disconnect from Dennison's style of moving the ball down the field vs. Kubiak's selections near the goal line.

You guys watch. Notice the style between the 20s and then watch the offense BOG DOWN near the goal line. There's plenty of real estate in the entire end zone, so being on the 5 or the 10 should not be a death sentence to this offense. Yet it is.

10. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

Just seen on NFL Network where Kubes said he don't see no reason why he couldn't play the full games, starting this week. He had plenty of time to rest the hamstring no reason why he couldn't go back to his usual self at running the ball.

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He clearly is the difference from first to worst (in the RZ).... That said, him playing in Miami was asinine. Ben Tate surely could've gotten that job done and given Arian an extra week of rest so he might've gone v. the Saints.. Well? :thinking:

In any event, they need to use AF wisely. Hammy's are tricky!!!!

12. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with giving him a lighter workload for the next few weeks. Come to think of it, I would say that even if he was fully fit. We can thank Ben Tate for that.

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

[​IMG]

Please don't tell Kubiak he's not a doctor. It may be true, but he doesn't take kindly to things like that. You've already seen what happens when he thinks he is a coach.:tiphat:

14. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Somebody make me a CnD for head coach soap, please.
    From all evidence provided, you just can't make definitive statements about hammies, like you can a broken bone or torn ligament.
    Sounds like Kubes might be getting a bit nervous. Any word on Ward's ankle?

15. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Any facts to back up this claim? Very presumptive post.

16. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

In line with the pattern of minimizing, this is what was reported the day after his injury:

He has a high ankle sprain and it would typically not be wise to return before 4-6 weeks, especially for a RB.

17. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

Based on AF's hamstring and what he's told the coaches I'm sure that's why he's changing his tune so to speak.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

Just watch, that's all I am asking.

Watch Kubiak when the ball is being moved down the field fairly effortlessly between the 20s, and watch Kubiak when we get near the goal line...there's as big of a poker "tell" in NFL coaching as you'll ever get...and guys like Sean Payton sure as hell play better poker than guys like Sparano. Right? Right.

Body language, how much he chatters into his headset, amount of interaction with the guys on the field, etc. You just know that Dennison is laying down his sheet and Kubiak has taken back the controls...and so do opposing d-coordiators who are smart enough to watch and gamble on it. It's why Kubiak has a 1-18 record vs. teams who eventually have a winning record--They know what our tendencies are near the goal line. It's poker.

Watch the way the offense itself operates between the 20s. Gets near the goal line, and those guys are automatically "eff'ing up" what got them all the way to the 5-yard line to begin with?????? I don't buy it.

Competing styles + designer of offense is the head coach = Kubiak wants to make the "critical" calls near the goal line.

Look, I'll throw in the factual evidence to my claims about this:

The halfback pass vs. the Jags was called on a FIRST DOWN play within the 10-yard line or so...and after the game Kubiak admits it was his call.

And because he admitted to calling that paticular play, in that particular game, it wasn't too much later in that same season that he also opened up in an interview and said, "We all discuss the game plan leading up to the game, but on game day I can intercept any call from the o-coord and change the call if I want to. But we all have buy-in leading up to the game. But I can change the call if I want to. But....like I said, we all have a voice on things. And I can change the call." I am paraphrasing and using sarcasm for added effect, but he was grilled after the Jax game as to why such a call would be made by his o-coordinator like it was in the Jax game. He chose to man up and admit things because of that one play. He wasn't going to duck the blame and let it land on someone else.

I mean, LOL. I'm not exactly making up stories up here. Out of all the things that I try to read the tea leaves on, this one (IMO) is logical.

Just watch. IMO, Dennison's lack of control near the goal line is adversely affecting us. Kubiak can't stand not being on control when it gets down to the part where we score points...he has built a powerful arsenal on offense and he can't move his troops once they've hit the beaches.

And this, IMO, is where the "The Texans are soft" tag comes into play. My apologies to Mr. Lombardi, by the way, because he is right. There's a "toughness ceiling" that the Texans cannot consistently break through.

Allstar likes this.
  19. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I'm thinking it has more to do with conditioning and being in "game shape" more than the hammy. If we run Foster to death in the first half, I'm not sure he's in sufficient game shape to be productive in the second half.

Just like I'm more than half-way convinced that Tate ran out of gas in the Saints game. He just wasn't the same in the fourth qtr as he was in the first half when he was breaking of 8-9 yd runs regularly.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

wow, just wow :vincepalm: