Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Arian Foster (season ending back surgery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4tx

Waterboy
I'd cut him. He hasn't been the same since he got his fat contract and stopped eating meat. Most important game of the season vs the colts and he pulls himself out after 1 play? No heart and doesn't like to practice. Watch when he runs closely, I've never seen a rb slip and fall as much as he does....bye foster',Martin,Joseph, Newton, bullock, manning and both reeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ThaJokaa

True Texans Fan
I'd cut him. He hasn't been the same since he got his fat contract and stopped eating meat. Most important game of the season vs the colts and he pulls himself out after 1 play? No heart and doesn't like to practice. Watch when he runs closely, I've never seen a rb slip and fall as much as he does....bye foster',Martin,Joseph, Newton, bullock, manning and both reeds.

Not the meat thing again...
He's been non vegan for a while now

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

The vegan thing isn't really true any more. He started re-integrating meat into his diet last year.

And as far as pulling himself out, that might have been a team strategy going into the game. That is, Foster's marching orders might well have been: get out there and see if you can go full speed; and find out if it tightens up on you. If so, you're not healed and you're done for this game because we're not taking a chance on losing you for the future.

I wouldn't put it past Kubiak to let Foster give it a shot - when he (Kubiak) probably knew it was too soon for Foster to have recovered.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
The vegan thing isn't really true any more. He started re-integrating meat into his diet last year.

And as far as pulling himself out, that might have been a team strategy going into the game. That is, Foster's marching orders might well have been: get out there and see if you can go full speed; and find out if it tightens up on you. If so, you're not healed and you're done for this game because we're not taking a chance on losing you for the future.

I wouldn't put it past Kubiak to let Foster give it a shot - when he (Kubiak) probably knew it was too soon for Foster to have recovered.
Also, Foster has plenty of incentive to play.
His contract includes a 500K game bonus.
He lost a little over $30K each game he doesn't play.
Who would want to leave that much money on the table for just a few hours of work?

eriadoc

Texan-American
Also, Foster has plenty of incentive to play.
His contract includes a 500K game bonus.
He lost a little over $30K each game he doesn't play.
Who would want to leave that much money on the table for just a few hours of work?
Does he get the bonus if he plays one play and then heads to the locker room to don sweats?

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

So he overtrains and injures himself because he has no heart?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Does he get the bonus if he plays one play and then heads to the locker room to don sweats?
LOL.

Good question!

I think they probably put in a number of snap counts, maybe?

It would be crazy if they leave such a loophole open after Foster had gone from the game early a few times already.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
I know this would not be the most popular, but, as it stands now, due to the type of histories of each, I would tend favor towards Tate.
I wouldn't give any running back a big money contract. Their best years are behind them by the time you make the decision to give them one. Better to let another team give it to them, and let them be stuck with all that dead money two years down the road when they are cut.

As a matter of fact, in today's NFL, as violent and injurious as it is, I don't think any player, no matter the position, is worth going an extended big money contract to. Take Matt Schaub and Brian Cushing as perfect examples. Both of them are going to turn out be nothing but dead money in the end. Jonathan Joseph is another prime example.

This is why I'm totally against signing big-money free agents. They are past their prime by the time they go on the market.

4x4tx

Waterboy
So he overtrains and injures himself because he has no heart?
lol overtrains? dude skipped out on all of camp. The guy doesn't like to practice or doesn't think he needs to practice. I was kidding about the vegan thing but just shows what a free spirit kind of guy he is to do that...its one thing if you are a 90lb woman to be a vegan and another to be one of the highest paid RBs in the game in a sport where you can take absolute beatings...but in his case, he slips and falls so much he rarely takes a hard shot...dude is the master of slipping for an extra yard but losing the ability to ever break one.

Great question about his game bonus...maybe why he "trys" for a few plays and then heads to the lockeroom....cha ching!

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Try and trade Foster on draft day. Let Tate walk. ZBS can utilize damn near anyone with a pulse as a + runner.

eriadoc

Texan-American
LOL.

Good question!

I think they probably put in a number of snap counts, maybe?

It would be crazy if they leave such a loophole open after Foster had gone from the game early a few times already.
I am genuinely curious. A lot of times those types of bonuses are based on whether you're active on game day. Sometimes they're based on other metrics like yards or carries. But I don't think I've ever heard of one based on number of plays. I'd be willing to bet he got the bonus for the past two games.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I am genuinely curious. A lot of times those types of bonuses are based on whether you're active on game day. Sometimes they're based on other metrics like yards or carries. But I don't think I've ever heard of one based on number of plays. I'd be willing to bet he got the bonus for the past two games.
Foster's bonus is almost certainly triggered by being active on game day.

There are snap count triggered bonuses but they are typically on a per season rather than per game basis.

Claiming Foster is being just ready enough to get a bonus check is naive at best. He doesn't control whether he is active. That is a medical staff/coaching decision and they are used to basically every player say they are ready to go. Having money on the line would only make them more reluctant if anything.

Lord Bills

Destruction
Arian Foster is a selfish player who thinks he's so much more intelligent than he really is.

A poser trying to carry himself as some enlightened "keeping it real" cool hipster d-bag.

He needs to get over himself and start being a team player.

Exascor

Veteran
Arian Foster is a selfish player who thinks he's so much more intelligent than he really is.

A poser trying to carry himself as some enlightened "keeping it real" cool hipster d-bag.

Sounds more like some of the posters on Texanstalk.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Foster didn't practice today. I hope he sits this next game out so we can see what Johnson & Graham can do.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
lol overtrains? dude skipped out on all of camp. The guy doesn't like to practice or doesn't think he needs to practice. I was kidding about the vegan thing but just shows what a free spirit kind of guy he is to do that...its one thing if you are a 90lb woman to be a vegan and another to be one of the highest paid RBs in the game in a sport where you can take absolute beatings...but in his case, he slips and falls so much he rarely takes a hard shot...dude is the master of slipping for an extra yard but losing the ability to ever break one.

Great question about his game bonus...maybe why he "trys" for a few plays and then heads to the lockeroom....cha ching!
For every slip Arian makes, he goes back out and jukes players like they're in junior varsity.

This forum has lengthy threads dense with information contributed by an experience sports doctor that correctly predicted the degree and recovery time of Arian's injuries in the preseason. It's recommended that you rely on a rational source of information like those threads instead of your crystal ball for reading Arian's mind.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Perhaps you should "get over" yourself.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

Where are people getting these mind reading abilities? Please, show me so I can make a one way trip to Vegas.

PHILLYTEXANFAN

Saddle Up Partner

I agree Bill, you say anything other than " aw shucks he s hurt, but i know he wishes he can play" is wrong. Dont doubt him or his attitude or say his body language says he id a pompus arse. Nope he was just ran too hard like MANY RBs before him and still find success

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Where are people getting these mind reading abilities? Please, show me so I can make a one way trip to Vegas.
I'm thinking it's Josh Innes in drag posting under a sock account.

His personal attitude against Foster spews on the radio and sounds just like the post you quoted.

I completely understand critical analysis of on-field performance.

I have never understood the personal vendetta attitude about the players themselves as people. Unless qualified that they actually know the player in real life, it all comes across as unsubstantiated gossip.

chenjy9

Rookie
I agree Bill, you say anything other than " aw shucks he s hurt, but i know he wishes he can play" is wrong. Dont doubt him or his attitude or say his body language says he id a pompus arse. Nope he was just ran too hard like MANY RBs before him and still find success
I will try to be civil in light of this incredible ignorance. First I ask, where is your freaking evidence that he is being lazy, not a team player, selfish, or whatever asinine accusations you want to make? Next I will present my evidence that makes me think you are just completely ass backwards wrong:

- CND (a doctor and worth listening to, unlike you) warned us to take Kubiak's lies (coach speak) with salt and warned us that there will possibly be more injuries coming for Foster. That you chose to ignore someone as knowledgeable as him in light of your own non-educated assumptions is laughable at best.

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't want to play when the game is lost and angrily march along the sideline

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to play with hamstring injuries which are a lot more movement limiting then broken ribs

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't train hard as hell in the offseason, possibly to the point where he may have injured himself

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to push themselves through injuries that would strongly and negatively impact the remainder of their career

- Foster was out in camp because he was hurt and we wanted to try and save him for the season where things actually, you know, count. That is not selfishness, that is being INTELLIGENT.

I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset of just HOW Foster is lazy, selfish, not a team player, or doesn't care. What a joke...

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset .......
Dayum! :D

That sounds like me when I'm going off the reservation with those usual suspects down there in the surrealistic atmosphere of what is known as the "No Spin Zone". :spin: :winky:

4x4tx

Waterboy
Have you ever put in a jock strap and played? Dude it's obvious his I'm the smartest guy in the room attitude is prevalent here. The guy is selling stock in himself, wth, just play hard and get paid..no need for gimmicks.

When did he ever march angrily on the sideline? The San Diego game was only one I saw and it was because Tate was running hard and stealing his thunder. Last two games he moped around on the sideline not once looking like a team player. No heart. Still laughing at this overtraining talk..Tate runs 10 times as hard as foster when healthy.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I will try to be civil in light of this incredible ignorance. First I ask, where is your freaking evidence that he is being lazy, not a team player, selfish, or whatever asinine accusations you want to make? Next I will present my evidence that makes me think you are just completely ass backwards wrong:

- CND (a doctor and worth listening to, unlike you) warned us to take Kubiak's lies (coach speak) with salt and warned us that there will possibly be more injuries coming for Foster. That you chose to ignore someone as knowledgeable as him in light of your own non-educated assumptions is laughable at best.

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't want to play when the game is lost and angrily march along the sideline

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to play with hamstring injuries which are a lot more movement limiting then broken ribs

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't train hard as hell in the offseason, possibly to the point where he may have injured himself

- Lazy, selfish, pompous players don't try to push themselves through injuries that would strongly and negatively impact the remainder of their career

- Foster was out in camp because he was hurt and we wanted to try and save him for the season where things actually, you know, count. That is not selfishness, that is being INTELLIGENT.

I am still waiting for even a shred of rationality and sanity in you and other people who share your same narrow mindset of just HOW Foster is lazy, selfish, not a team player, or doesn't care. What a joke...
It's frustrating that these things even have to be pointed out. They were obvious to anyone paying attention, or who bothered to keep their opinion informed.

Whether it's sports, politics, or any dogma, the most vocal are often the most uninformed.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Have you ever put in a jock strap and played? Dude it's obvious his I'm the smartest guy in the room attitude is prevalent here. The guy is selling stock in himself, wth, just play hard and get paid..no need for gimmicks.

When did he ever march angrily on the sideline? The San Diego game was only one I saw and it was because Tate was running hard and stealing his thunder. Last two games he moped around on the sideline not once looking like a team player. No heart. Still laughing at this overtraining talk..Tate runs 10 times as hard as foster when healthy.

Why would he care about Tate taking his reps if he's already paid and he's lazy?

ajohnson80

Waterboy

wow. Foster has repeatedly showed up and noticeably raised his level of play in big games. He was a work horse for us all season long last year. If we get eliminated he's the one player I wouldn't mind resting until next year. rb's have a short life and foster can still play the position at an elite level.

bOODRO87

Time Consumer
Anyone who questions Foster's dedication after everything he did for us last year (Single handling beating the bears, destroying the bengals, and setting records for an undrafted RB), deserves to watch this epic failure of a season.

Flat out ignorance because you literally do not know what you are talking about.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
not to mention even AJ said he and Foster trained together along with fosters brother all off season, why would someone who has quit be training when they dont have to ?

Hervoyel

BUENO!
I think what a lot of people are interpreting as a bad attitude and laziness in Foster is simply frustration. When running backs get the kind of carries he's had they start to break down but it's not like they suddenly feel like they're less capable or more fragile. Foster had high hopes for this season and set the bar way up there. He started working in camp and his body didn't cooperate.

He's probably as surprised as anyone that he can't stay on the field and that when he does he isn't getting the results he expected. I bet it's pissing him off too. Will rest bring him back to where he was or even close? I don't know. Maybe? Usually when you run one of these guys into the ground you don't get them back the same way ever again but a few of them do recover. Foster's not a real banger who takes a lot of hits and deals out punishment to those who try to tackle him so maybe he just needs to give it a rest and come back at it in a few weeks. I think putting him on IR would be a mistake personally. Sure, the rest would help but I think he needs to be out there playing with Keenum before the season ends and getting involved in the slightly different chemistry we have going on now that Case is starting. Foster's safety-valve catches are going to result in long gains if Case continues to keep teams focused on stopping the deep ball. We need Foster and/or another back like him. Tate's a talented back but he's not got Arian's elusiveness and vision. Arian Foster has been the perfect back for this system. Very nearly a Terrell Davis quality piece to this system.

Times like these I want to strangle Cierre Wood for screwing this opportunity up. He'd be vaulting Ben Tate right now if he could follow the damn rules.

NCTexan

Veteran
not to mention even AJ said he and Foster trained together along with fosters brother all off season, why would someone who has quit be training when they dont have to ?
Also, you think AJ would train with someone who has quit?
(Just adding on here)

I don't get this Foster hate. At all. But all the counter points have been made in this thread and promptly ignored.

Edit; As Hervoyel pointed out too, Foster will be scary with Case's ability to sling the ball down field.

Lord Bills

Destruction

its because he's a talented player and fans will be fans. They refuse to see what's right in front of them and make warped rationalizations and excuses for players they like.

Foster has had character issues well before he ever became a texan. He's had problems at Tennessee. There's been several times where he has acted out like a spoiled child on the football field.

You can see all of this if you choose to open your eyes and stop being a homer with his whole vegan, poetry, selling stock, anti ncaa pay me routine. He comes off as some pretentious know it all pretending to be so illuminated and all knowing.

He's not that smart and his interview with spencer tillman last year or a couple of years ago (where they talk poetry) shows what a real intelligent person looks like (Tillman) vs someone who pretends.

His actions right now prove it. He's ding up but since its a lost season he's packing it in despite being able to play. I understand his logic, saving his body for more years(equals one more year being paid) but please dont insult people's intelligence by trying to excuse and rationalize his selfish actions.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
its because he's a talented player and fans will be fans. They refuse to see what's right in front of them and make warped rationalizations and excuses for players they like.

Foster has had character issues well before he ever became a texan. He's had problems at Tennessee. There's been several times where he has acted out like a spoiled child on the football field.

You can see all of this if you choose to open your eyes and stop being a homer with his whole vegan, poetry, selling stock, anti ncaa pay me routine. He comes off as some pretentious know it all pretending to be so illuminated and all knowing.

He's not that smart and his interview with spencer tillman last year or a couple of years ago (where they talk poetry) shows what a real intelligent person looks like (Tillman) vs someone who pretends.

His actions right now prove it. He's ding up but since its a lost season he's packing it in despite being able to play. I understand his logic, saving his body for more years(equals one more year being paid) but please dont insult people's intelligence by trying to excuse and rationalize his selfish actions.
Dude u are biased about more players than anyone else i have ever seen on this board, If he was out training with AJ in the off season then the boy is not lazy. Doc told us his hamstring could lead to other problems, you dont know what Foster is going through injury wise.

Foster is an elite running back, AJ had his 2 seasons of major inujuries where it looked like his career may be over, he is now healthier than ever.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I can't believe there are folks turning on Arian where there are so many more deserving candidates for this ill will.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
I can't believe there are folks turning on Arian where there are so many more deserving candidates for this ill will.
You know how fans are, they are worse than the flu, jumping from one host to the other. only to find their next victim. This is why i could never be a pro athlete, well that and the fact i am not a superior specimen gifted with a 6'6 frame and who can run the 40 in 4.5 seconds. But still......

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
The fact that Arian was seeing more doctors today is not exactly a great sign. As my concerns ran high re. his back, especially after he required epidural injections, they now run just as high that he ultimately ends up requiring "sharp therapy" similar to Cody.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

You wrote three paragraphs explaining that you don't like his personality, but none supporting your actual argument. You're going to need more substance to make your case. Let me help you out here with some guidance...

We'll start with anecdotal evidence: Are you at the practices? His workouts? Have other players suggested he's uncommitted?

Let's move on to hard data: Have you seen his MRI's? X-Rays?

Cite an expert opinion: Is there an experienced doctor in this forum who could advise? If only we had a doctor around here... Hmm... We would need a doctor who could tell you back in September that Foster's calf, hamstring, and back injuries followed by epidural are NOT indicative of further compensatory injuries in 6-8 weeks, and any injury claims by Foster during that timeframe are likely due to Foster being a selfish pseudo-intellectual beat-poet.

If you find any success in that effort, you should team up with the guy from the Schaub thread who thinks it's cool to throw ice at players. You two could be a private investigation duo like Simon & Simon who team up to sell information to coaches on who's lazy and who's a loser.

texanhead08

All Pro
Arian has been one of the few Texans that has always shined in the big games. I would think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I don't blame him for pulling himself if he is injured.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You wrote three paragraphs explaining that you don't like his personality, but none supporting your actual argument. You're going to need more substance to make your case. Let me help you out here with some guidance...

We'll start with anecdotal evidence: Are you at the practices? His workouts? Have other players suggested he's uncommitted?

Let's move on to hard data: Have you seen his MRI's? X-Rays?

Cite an expert opinion: Is there an experienced doctor in this forum who could advise? If only we had a doctor around here... Hmm... We would need a doctor who could tell you back in September that Foster's calf, hamstring, and back injuries followed by epidural are NOT indicative of further compensatory injuries in 6-8 weeks, and any injury claims by Foster during that timeframe are likely due to Foster being a selfish pseudo-intellectual beat-poet.

If you find any success in that effort, you should team up with the guy from the Schaub thread who thinks it's cool to throw ice at players. You two could be a private investigation duo like Simon & Simon who team up to sell information to coaches on who's lazy and who's a loser.
Briscoe, use the ignore button. I ignored this guy a long time ago. Just ignore, don't quote and they will go away.

Unless you feel qualified to administer a plastectomy so the DB can see with his head up his own ass. Then, by all means, proceed.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Arian has been one of the few Texans that has always shined in the big games. I would think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I don't blame him for pulling himself if he is injured.
Especially if a doctor in this forum predicted this injury and timeframe seven weeks ago.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Briscoe, use the ignore button. I ignored this guy a long time ago. Just ignore, don't quote and they will go away.

Unless you feel qualified to administer a plastectomy so the DB can see with his head up his own ass. Then, by all means, proceed.
I try to avoid using the ignore list, and I only have one person on it.

A lot of people are joining the forums this year just to lash out at the organization, and it's diluting the quality of the discussions. It's up to veteran members to reject these low-value ideas being thrown around. It's why I've been so vocal the past few weeks with these people. They rationalize applauding when players are injured, condone throwing ice at players, they include players' families in their rants, and they make their criticisms personal. No wonder TexMex Mom stopped posting here.

So I don't think they should be ignored; We should vet their crude ideas until they learn to filter them themselves, or stop posting trash altogether. I think every veteran member here should make an extra effort until the plague has passed.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I try to avoid using the ignore list, and I only have one person on it.

A lot of people are joining the forums this year just to lash out at the organization, and it's diluting the quality of the discussions. It's up to veteran members to reject these low-value ideas being thrown around. It's why I've been so vocal the past few weeks with these people. They rationalize applauding when players are injured, condone throwing ice at players, they include players' families in their rants, and they make their criticisms personal. No wonder TexMex Mom stopped posting here.

So I don't think they should be ignored; We should vet their crude ideas until they learn to filter them themselves, or stop posting trash altogether. I think every veteran member here should make an extra effort until the plague has passed.
Please use the quote button less then.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Can I short his stock?

...any put options out there?

To me, it just feels like he's given up. He's stopped taking football seriously, and he's more invested in his career as a celebrity.
Actually, you can, kind of.

The Street said:
Here are the salient points: Fantex is listing a "convertible" tracking stock for 20% of Arian Foster's so-called brand income. In the very same offering, Fantex is also offering shares in the brokerage platform's common stock. If you buy Arian Foster's tracking stock, it can be convertible to Fantex platform common stock at any time and in any way the company's management sees fit.
Link

Sad stuff.

NCTexan

Veteran
Hey don't class all new forum members.

Some (ie. Me) might say somthing stupid as I am not as clued up about things as most of you.

We only get drip fed info about football over here in UK and even less about the Texans.
No worries man! Most members here who have been around a while are perfectly accepting of new people. It's just when people join and immediately start bashing players/management/have unrealistic ideas and won't engage in constructive discussion that people start getting upset. Develop a reputation before getting crazy.

To the subject at hand though. Questioning Arian's drive is stupid. He's probably pushing himself too much right now and that's why he's getting all these injuries, compensating for the existing ones (as Doc has said multiple times). You same people saying he has no drive/love for the game are the same one's that would be b*tching if he was sitting out to completely heal. He can't win with you people.

Exascor

Veteran
Hey don't class all new forum members.

Some (ie. Me) might say somthing stupid as I am not as clued up about things as most of you.

We only get drip fed info about football over here in UK and even less about the Texans.
Fyi - you have access to as much information as us. There's this fancy new thing called the internet that really helps. Hehe. Seriously though, most of us get our information from websites and message boards. TV & radio coverage is usually hours to days behind.

Reading the Texans Talk boards will get you up to speed. Welcome to the boards.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
No worries man! Most members here who have been around a while are perfectly accepting of new people. It's just when people join and immediately start bashing players/management/have unrealistic ideas and won't engage in constructive discussion that people start getting upset. Develop a reputation before getting crazy.
Yep. Unless a new member is already clued in to the ettiquette, it's best to lurk for a while. I was member of the Something Awful forums a few years back, and their ettiquette is harsh, but sensible. Mods quickly ban and probate people for quality control, which is necessary due to the volume of people joining daily.

On the other hand, you don't want veterans acting too exclusive or snobby. As you said, most members here are reasonably inclusive.

To the subject at hand though. Questioning Arian's drive is stupid. He's probably pushing himself too much right now and that's why he's getting all these injuries, compensating for the existing ones (as Doc has said multiple times). You same people saying he has no drive/love for the game are the same one's that would be b*tching if he was sitting out to completely heal. He can't win with you people.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.