Arian Foster pulls hamstring in his first 2011 practice

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by incubry, Aug 6, 2011.

1. incubry

incubry Rookie

Hate to be the bearer of BAD news!

Really surprised this isn't already on here!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/arian-foster-pulls-hamstring-in-his-first-2011-practice/

Texans tailback Arian Foster, the NFL’s leading rusher in 2010, has seen his quest for a repeat derailed temporarily via a pulled hamstring.

Per Dale Robertson of the Houston Chronicle, Foster suffered the injury on a 40-yard touchdown run during the first play of an 11-on-11 scrimmage.

It was Foster’s first practice since signing a one-year exclusive rights tender offer on Sunday.

Foster showed up later in the day with the leg heavily wrapped.

:toropalm:

2. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

At least better now than later.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

How does this stuff keep slipping by McClain?

:toropalm:

4. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

fixed it for you, which is pretty much the answer to your question.

I pretty much refuse to read whatever drivel he produces. It would be nice if the Chron would get an actual real sportswriter on staff.

5. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

They do. Dale Roberson

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Hopefully this isn't lingering. Hamstrings can be a long recovery if you don't let it heal. They should just sit him as long as possible.

As far as McClain, go read one of his chats. It is 1 hour of nothing. He never has info, snaps at questions and repeats the same answer over and over. Before FA he spent a long time answering questions and the only thing he said was "the Texans don't have cap money so they can't sign big names." When someone asked who he thought they might go after his response was "how am I supposed to know" basically. I can't stand the guy...went from being a good football guy to a toad who is grouchy and who knows nothing.

7. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

So this is what happens when Foster is off being a TV star instead of keeping himself fit and in shape and ready for TC to begin ?

8. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Another example of under reporting injuries. Initially, "tight" (cramped) hamstring and removed from practice "as a precaution"..........to "pulled" (which is a mild tear already) hamstring. Don't be surprised if the next report relates "torn" (significant tear) hamstring.:toropalm:

9. nytexan

nytexan Veteran

He's been in Canton Ohio for the Hall of Fame ceremonies, it wouldn't be his job to report what went on in camp Friday. If you're going to bash someone at least let it be for something he'd be responsible for.

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

They do. Her name is Steph Stradley, except she's not paid and she holds down a real job all week long.

Her stuff is electric.

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

this^^^^^^

12. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Not to get nit-picky, because I agree with your point, while TC may be better than anyone actually "On staff", it doesn't get the Chronicle off the hook. Case in point - one of Steph's most recent tweets:

C'mon Chron - show some embarrassment that you're two best and most relevant Texans writers are unpaid (I think) bloggers and do right by your readers.

Editorial comment: Used to absolutely love John McClain, and still can't really find it in me to dislike him even now - just don't see how his current role does much to increase my knowledge of the Texans, or the enjoyment of being a NFL fan. On the otherhand, LZ and TC rock.

13. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Will he be ready by week 1? He is kinda sorta our gameplan.

14. nytexan

nytexan Veteran

I can't believe I'm going to be a McLain apologist but although Stephanie does have the best blog besides possible Feighen on the Chronicle, LZ is the most over rated blogger in the history of blogs. He comes up with an occasional very good blog but more often than not its drivel. Although he and Granato have the most creative radio sports show in Houston radio.

When Melanie Hauser was let go as the Texans beat writer they took McLain from and NFL writer which he was very good at to the Texans beat writer which made him someone who reports Texans news and not the opinion/editorial writer he was and is best at. To use an example of something he called out months ago was that the Texans wouldn't win the Nmandi sweepstakes and would be better off going after Joseph and a safety. He got blasted constantly for that opinion but it turned out he was dead on the money. Just because the butt heads that populate his blogs seem clueless or ask the same question 10,000 times a chat doesn't mean he's terrible.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

:rolleyes:

And it only took 7 posts to get the the obligatory "he must of been slacking off" post. Arian Foster wasn't off being a "TV star" and he has been training this summer. He's been working with his brother all offseason, the same thing he did last offseason. Why the heck do people have to automatically slam a player just because he suffered a injury? Pulled hammies happen all the time...and they even happen to well trained athletes.

LMAO, you honestly think a player who played with a torn knee ligament out of fear of losing his job isn't going to work and train in the offseason? Really?

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Honestly... as good as Foster is, Tate could be better. At the very worst, I don't think Tate is a step down.

17. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

Any news on Foster? Will rest be enough to get him healthy for week 1?

18. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

That's the concern Foster has. If he misses too much time, Tate gets the carries and may take Foster's job. In a perfect world, I would like to see Foster get 15 carries a game, Ward get about 10, and Tate get 7. If we can run 32 times a game, I think we win.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

why should we pay anyone, when we can get bettter writers/bloggers with better info for free?

signed,
    the chomical

*I am glad I don't pay for their stupid newspaper*
    (or any )

20. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

See, you think the fact we didn't end up with Nnamdi proved him right, and I very much disagree with that position. I also don't remember a single instance (prior to it being made clear that the Texans believed they could clear significant cap room if and when needed) where McClain predicted they would (or should) go after Joseph. Got any sources on that (prior to the time it became obvious to everyone)?

He got blasted for the comment because his main (and virtually only) rationale for why the Texans wouldn't get Nnamdi was because they would never be able to fit him under the cap. He was also on record as late as mid-July as saying the Texans couldn't afford any of the top FA's (Which Joseph was universally considered to be).

LINK

And a tweet from McClain:

As we know, most sources believe that the Texans actually offered more than the Eagles, so cap room (or lack thereof) was clearly not a problem they felt was insurmountable. Additionally, the fact that they did so indicated they either were putting all of their eggs in one basket, or they felt they could still clear up enough room to add a safety. We'll never know which.