Arian Foster Practices "Normally"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ChampionTexan, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I realize it's not as important as who our #4 or #5 WR is, or whether we can move TE's to WR's mid-season, but I thought it might be interesting to point out that our NFL leading rusher practiced "normally" today and looks to be a decent bet to start this Sunday.

LINK

2. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

I practiced normally today as well. Hopefully I will be in the lineup on my couch on Sunday barring any setbacks.

3. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Got my 12 ounce curls going. I'm in mid-season form. BTW, DA sucks...hahaha. Good to see Foster practicing. Would love to have him for Sunday. For both my Texans and Fantasy Football Team.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Does "normal" apply to anything when discussing the Texans? :tease:

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

link

Sun Life Stadium is a haven for injuries.

Since 1987, the home for the Marlins and Dolphins has been called Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark Stadium, and Sun Life Stadium. The field is now juggled among the Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, and Florida Marlins, making it an extremely used surface. With its covered infield, and typically worn and ill-maintained grass field, I'd think more than twice about putting Foster out there after only 2 weeks removed from a RE-injured hamstring.........and if I am correct, the Hurricanes vs. the Ohio State Buckeyes is being played at Sun Life the NIGHT BEFORE.

FYI, Foster is listed as questionable only having LIMITED participation today. Ward didn't practice today and is listed as questionable with an "ankle" AND "shoulder" "problem." Tate is listed as probable with a quad "problem."

6. ChampionTexan

You got a link for that last part? First, Kubiak's description of his practice was "normal", and secondly, as of a couple of years ago, they don't disclose probable, questionable, etc. until Friday.

Edit: Here's the description of "LIMITED" as reflected on HT.com

LINK

7. Rey

Rey Guest

I realize Tate had a good game and I realize that he is a talented back, but there is not a RB on this roster close to Arian in talent level.

Arian's vision, acceleration and ability to make people miss are top notch. The dude could probably juke a Gorilla in a phone booth.

And as much as people like to dub him a power back, the dude avoids big collisions unless it's absolutely neccessary. Watch him run....He never leaves himself vulnerable for big hits...Andre does that too...They get all that they can, but watch him and Andre...You will see defenders hitting each other harder than they hit them because they are flying in trying to get clean up shots...

8. CloakNNNdagger

Here's the link you're asking about
    LINK

9. ChampionTexan

Thanks!

10. CloakNNNdagger

From the Sun Sentinel:

link

Why so many cramps last game.......and this even being at night? Very high HUMIDITY. Some additional reasons to think before putting Foster out there this game.......high HUMIDITY sky-rockets the risk of suffering muscle cramps and therefore muscle injuries..........especially, HAMMIES.

And if that isn't enough reason to be concerned, let's throw in the fact that there is a greater than 40% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday........already AFTER Friday and Saturday forecasts of thunderstorms. (The field was dry for the Pats game.) That would mean 100% humidity the night of the upcoming game.......along with a wet field which would have already been wet and buggered up by the expected rain and the Hurricanes' game to be played the night before..........a perfect recipe for injury............

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Having Foster back should really boost the Texans offense. Also should inspire Tate plus learn a lot from how Arian attacks cut-back lanes, keep both rested & grow into an elite NFL RB tandem.

If Toby had been drafted by the Texans he would probably be used @ FB, much like Casey. Multi-dimensional.

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I would like to see Foster get some work, but believe this team will be fine without him carrying the load this Sunday. We have a nice stretch of games coming up, and will need him to touch the ball 30 times in each. A healthy Foster is better than bringing back a less than 100% kid.

Manage and leverage the assets for a successful return, and then have a pizza party and live tweet about it.

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I'm asking a serious question and let me preface by saying I'm glad AF is back, but my question is this: How will AF's return be a "boost" to the offense? Tate ran for 116 (IIRC) which is what would be AF would run for... give or take.

Again, I'm asking a serious question AND I'm glad AF will return!

14. Rey

Rey Guest

I saw a few runs this past weekend where I thought, "damn, if Arian would have had that run".

He avoids defenders much better than Tate. Tate is a tackle breaker and Arian is a contact avoider. Tate doesn't suck at all, but I truly believe Arian is the best rb in the NFL. Even over Peterson. The dude rarely puts his head down and runs into a pile for no gain. His vision and ability to get to a lane and accelerate are top notch. I don't know if he'd have put up a bunch more yards, but I have no doubt his ypc would've been higher and he would've bust more long runs.

JMO.

15. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Agreed. I believe Tate is a bit faster then Arian, and maybe a bit stronger, but Arian hits holes quicker and has better vision IMO as well. If you combined the two together, you'd have one of the best backs of all time.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Arian is proven. One year only but still proven. His health is the only concern, hence if he is back to normal that can only spell good things for the Texans. :koolaid:

17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Way to go, Captain Jinx our Asses. If one Texan gets hurt, I'm on the next flight to Houston, looking for a skull with a cape. You'll be public enemy #1

18. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

You're one to talk about 'jinxing our asses' with this "Miami being our next victim" and "rolling onto a win in New Orleans" crap. Have you lost your mind or something? And if it doesn't turn out that way, you're on the "fire guess-who", right?

I'll defer to Cloak on this one. If he plays, that hammy is going to get tweaked again. I said it here.

How's that for 'jinxing our asses'? :pop:

19. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

LOL...I forgot to use the sarcasm smilie. I wasn't being serious.

20. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

In Cloak we trust :)