Arian Foster has no plans to holdout

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jun 12, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Directly from the CHAT:

VIEW THE ENTIRE CHAT-has some interesting thoughts

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Yep #1 running back in the NFL needs to prove he can run the ball. He did pretty good the end of his first season also. Give him half the eason and then lock him up for 5 years & do not let him into free agency.

3. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Midseason contract extensions have too much bad ju-ju for me. I'd like to go ahead and extend him now if financially possible.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Oh I agree 1000% & it is possible.

5. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

No one (and by no one, I mean John McClain) know what the lanscape of NFL salaries will look like prior to the next CBA. Foster could be looking at large performance bonuses from a bonus pool. With a rookie wage scale, vets should see additional $$$ coming their way. What $$$ Foster plays for in 2011 is still up in the air.

6. DX-TEX

DX-TEX #BattleFightin

Pay the man Rick!

7. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

What camp?

8. czarleon

czarleon Rookie

That was my first thought

9. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

$480,000 for a guy who ran for 1600 yards last year? I wouldn't blame him for holding out. The Texans need to give him some incentive to play hard, like an extension that pays him what he's worth. I would think 4 million a year for the next 2 years is reasonable to start, but if they don't re-sign Vonta, then there's not much point in throwing money at him.

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I thought Casey among his other 19 positions could play full back? We don't needa Leach. lol

11. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Arian Foster had the most yards of any running back in the NFL last year, but he wasn't the top running back on the NFL Network's Top 100 list, voted on by the players. Foster finished 25th overall and according to HoustonTexans.com's Nick Scurfield, he is only the third ranked running back.
    http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-texans/2011/6/21/2235406/arian-foster-nfl-top-100-list
    &&&
    McNair really isn't going to grant this guy a pay raise before the 2011 season starts ? Really ?

12. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

They can't even talk right now.

13. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

I'm guessing that McNair might be gun-shy on that given the teams RB history of 1-yr wonders.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I appreciate loyalty and all that, especially toward "my" team, but he outta hold out like crazy as soon as this stupid lock out is over, LOL.

Frankly, it's kinda stupid not too. I know he's a big RB and knows how to save himself somewhat with his running style, but the next guy (or 3) still hits you and injuries happen. I'm not saying these guys should keep getting paid for years after they can't play anymore; I'm saying demand your money while you still can play. Don't give us All-Pro years for a dollar a freaking yard. That's just what most employers want is the best of professionalism for pennies & peanuts. I bet old Bob'll feel real sorry for him when he suffers some career-ending injury the second to last game of this oncoming (or not) season. Get your money now, and if you don't have an agent, get one; maybe he'll talk some sense into ya.

My God, it's a rushing title winning RB playing for FUTURE money. Screw that.

15. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

OK, I'm someone who's fond of saying that "backs are a dime a dozen", but I'll make an exception with young Arian. And i don't think he's an offensive MVP for the texans either, because there's atleast a couple guys on the offense who are more valuable than Arian. But he had a helluva year, and it's gonna be a long-time before anyone bests that rushing mark.
    Nevertheless, next month after we've got a new CBA in place, I'll bet you Mcnair doesn't offer Foster a new deal. Hell, atleast just give the kid a one-time bonus for his record setting 2010-season.

16. Raf

Raf Rookie

Foster is a very smart individual. Got to a meeting late and is rather blunt...but far from stupid. Earning your contract through performance is the way to go. A.J. is a sign of that with the Texans. Foster is cognizant of this.

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Lol. We have never had a one year wonder who led the league in rushing. Or even remotely close to it. Domanick Davis-Wlliams was also far from a one-year wonder. He was the real deal... injury got him.

Double Barrel likes this.
  18. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Well, from the FO point-of-view, we've had how many team-leading rushers in our existence? (DD was 9th p/g in '05, Slaton was 6th overall and 9th p/g in '08)

DD got a big deal and it didn't work out, that may be all that McNair has to remember.

I think Arian is all that AND a bag of chips, but I'm not the guy cutting the checks.