Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Arian Foster achilles injury - Out for season

He had said that he wasn't going to field any offers or talk to any teams until he was ready to go.
Yep. John Clayton did update Arian Foster's situation yesterday though. On ESPN Sportcenter. He said the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys have expressed some interest, but Arian Foster's agent has told interested teams that he isn't likely to sign until June or July when he feels ready to play.

He's in no rush to sign at the moment because he's still focused on his rehab, working out and getting stronger. Seems like Arian Foster is determined to have a monster 2016 season. I wish him well wherever he lands.

Yep. John Clayton did update Arian Foster's situation yesterday though. On ESPN Sportcenter. He said the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys have expressed some interest, but Arian Foster's agent has told interested teams that he isn't likely to sign until June or July when he feels ready to play.

He's in no rush to sign at the moment because he's still focused on his rehab, working out and getting stronger. Seems like Arian Foster is determined to have a monster 2016 season. I wish him well wherever he lands.

Almost guaranteed!

Almost guaranteed!
I know it's unlikely but I wish he signed here to split carries with Lamar Miller. But that's not happening with Grimes re-signing. We already have three halfbacks under contract. And plus Lamar Miller is ready to become a featured back in this league. He says he's ready for 25+ carries a game. He called himself a home run hitter. We shall see. Lamar Miller is young and entering his prime years. Arian Foster is already nearing retirement (for a running back). Given his recent injury-plagued seasons his best years are obviously behind him.

I know it's unlikely but I wish he signed here to split carries with Lamar Miller. But that's not happening with Grimes re-signing. We already have three halfbacks under contract. And plus Lamar Miller is ready to become a featured back in this league. He says he's ready for 25+ carries a game. He called himself a home run hitter. We shall see. Lamar Miller is young and entering his prime years. Arian Foster is already nearing retirement (for a running back). Given his recent injury-plagued seasons his best years are obviously behind him.

He just wants to confirm his legacy (legit) which it is both sides handled it with class.

When a horse gets too old or injured, you either retire it to the farm as a stud or slaughterhouse.

Sucks when it happens. We had some good times Foster, but all running backs know this day happens, especially the injury prone ones.

Lost trust in doctors. May have had reason while here. But then, like the person who thinks he knows better than anyone about everything, he used none of his purported "genius" when he refused to participate in common sense basic techniques that are required to treat and prevent soft tissue injuries. Evidently "I know my body" Foster did not know his body as well as he thought he did. Sadly, he is unlikely to be able to now make up for all those years of injuries that went improperly tended to.

link

So stupid. His contrarianism would've been harmless if it was just limited to his personal beliefs, but apparently those tendencies influenced his professional decisions as well.

All he had to do was seek a second or third expert opinion. Instead he relied on Dr. Abdul.

Too bad, he could've played in Houston a lot longer.

ArianFoster
@ArianFoster

proxy.jpg

it's been a long, fun, frustrating journey this year. but I always keep perspective. life is good! I dedicated my self to the betterment of me, in all ways, and it will show. there's no better feeling than when you and the people you love are the only ones in your corner. @dose_ixi , thank you for everything, brother. every 4:30am workout, and putting up w me. @abdulfoster thank you for being there from the beginning. we started something special. @nineinnovations is a family thing. a way of life. we fight best on the ropes. much love to everyone who supports! #foreverwewerun @jerreau, thanks for the theme music here. love! 2016-05-18

Arian Foster expects to pass a physical in the next few weeks
Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2016, 5:04 PM EDT

Before veteran running back Arian Foster can find a new NFL home, he’ll need to be cleared to practice and play after tearing an Achilles tendon last season. To date, that hasn’t happened. But it could be happening soon.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Foster expects to pass a physical within the next few weeks.

He previously visited Miami, primarily to get acquainted. Since then, the Dolphins invested a third-round pick in former Alabama running back Kenyan Drake, which likely takes them out of the running for Foster.

Other potential options would include the Broncos; however, their decision to re-sign Ronnie Hillman and draft Devontae Booker in round four could require one or more injuries before interest in reuniting the former Texans tailback with former Houston coach Gary Kubiak becomes significant.

Arian is just months away from another season ending injury. There. I said it. Everyone else was thinking it. I wish him all the best but at this point he's a shell of the great dual threat RB that he was.

Arian is just months away from another season ending injury. There. I said it. Everyone else was thinking it. I wish him all the best but at this point he's a shell of the great dual threat RB that he was.

He's the Tracy McGrady of football...

Well, I for one, hope he makes it.

Me, too. I always liked Arian, both on an off the field. His personal life is his business, but I thought he always gave this franchise 100% of himself and is easily the best RB in Texans history. Best of luck going forward (unless he's playing against the Texans, of course).

EXCLUSIVE: Former Texan Arian Foster speaks out for first time since season-ending injury
By David Nuno
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:05PM
HOUSTON (KTRK) --

Arian Foster is at a crossroads in his career. There are many unanswered questions for fans of the former Texans running back. What is his next move? Where will he play next? Can he be a pro-bowl caliber player again?

As for that last question, there is no doubt in Foster's mind. The answer: yes.

Arian says he is at peace as he works his way back from the Achilles tear that cut his last season with the Texans 12 games short.

"You know, I've been cut before but I ended up right back here," said Arian Foster. "So, the uncertainty was 24 hours. You are not 100 percent sure where you are going to land, where you are going to live."

The certainty came in getting back into a routine. Arian Foster trains with his brother Abdul at 9 Innovations, twice a day, sometimes for six hours at a time.

"He has been here since jump and he has hired one of the best trainers. I've ever been around Dose Kahn, and he has been over here every morning at 4:30am," Arian said.

"Mentally, spiritually, physically, it's probably the best I have seen him," said Kahn, Foster's trainer.

As for the player's personal image as he shops around for a new team, Foster says he lets people think what they want to think.

"I am not one of those Captain America, 'yes sir, no sir,' kind of cats and a lot of that comes across as arrogance but if anyone has spent any real time with me, they'll say I'm not arrogant," Arian said.

So, is one of the greatest players to ever wear a Texans jersey ready to play football again -- and this time for another franchise? Foster says he could suit-up today if wanted to.

"I probably need another month to get where I am, the person everyone is use to seeing," Arian said. "I can definitely play but I need another month to be where I want to be and be at that pro-bowl lever I can be at."

For Arian's brother Abdul, he says there is even a chance Foster could get back to the Arian of old.

"Probably better in my opinion," added Abdul Foster.

Not to mention with how heavy we leaned on him, his body has aged worse than most on this forum. The human body is impressive but it can only be pushed so far for so long.

Wish him the best as long as its not against us.

Per reports though, he didn't rehab or condition properly, especially relying on that brother of his with that "have the same body and he knows everything about me" nonsense as opposed to getting an actual professional and educated trainer. Depending on how much of that is true, this maybe a case of "you reap what you sow".

Supposedly, Foster has garnered interest from 3 teams. Medically, Foster is not a good risk to return and stay on the field for any length of time. The past 4 of 5 previous TCs, Foster has been significantly injured................2011, hamstring......2013, calf......2014, hamstring.........2015, groin. Now he approaches this TC already rehabbing from an Achilles tendon rupture.

Arian Foster to work out for Dolphins, Lions
July 17, 2016, 8:35 PM EDT

With training camp looming and his ruptured Achilles tendon apparently healed, running back Arian Foster will officially commence his search for a new team this week.

PFT has confirmed that Foster will work out for the Dolphins on Monday. Later in the week, he’ll work out for the Lions. Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported both pending tryouts.

The Dolphins previously brought Foster to town for a get-acquainted session. Currently, Miami’s depth chart at the position features Jay Ajayi and third-round rookie Kenyan Drake. Coach Adam Gase is looking for a do-it-all back who won’t be leaving the field; if Foster is healthy and still has gas in the tank, he could be an upgrade over their current options — especially in light of his career accomplishments.

The Lions intend to rely on players like Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick. Again, a healthy and still-effective Foster arguably would be an upgrade.

Foster, undrafted in 2009 by the Texans, led the league in rushing during his second season, with 1,616 yards. In 2014, he rushed for 1,246 yards in 13 games. His 2015 season ended in Week Four, when the lower-leg tendon popped.

The Broncos also have been linked to Foster, given his familiarity with coach Gary Kubiak’s offense. Denver apparently has not yet pursued a potential reunion between Foster and Kubiak, however.

I just don't see Foster making a comeback. Maybe he should save himself from more injury and just retire.

This entire thread should be moved to NFL forum

No what should happen is folks interested enough about Foster should start a thread in the NFL forum or just post in the random NFL thread. He was a Texan and a Texan topic for 99.999% of this thread. He remains a part of Texans history.

No what should happen is folks interested enough about Foster should start a thread in the NFL forum or just post in the random NFL thread. He was a Texan and a Texan topic for 99.999% of this thread. He remains a part of Texans history.

Then this thread should be locked

Back