Arian Didn't Look Altogether Right

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Oct 12, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

During the game, I commented to a couple of our TT members that I believed that Foster had re-injured his hamstring. During a play in the 1st half, he appeared to limp off the field. On a couple other shots later in the game, he had a rocking motion to his walk, usually associated with favoring of a lower limb injury. He did have a couple of nice runs later in the game........but these were unresisted. Our Oline, no doubt, looked pretty bad for the most part. But Foster did virtually nothing running between the tackles.....against resistance. He was getting nowhere....and not breaking any tackles. I keep trying to put this out of my mind. But the thought keeps creeping back in.

2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'll have to rewatch the game, but I thought it was a foot issue. Didn't he roll a ankle or got rolled up on?

3. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

I think it was partly because Schaub was throwing so badly and or our receivers were running such bad routes that they could bring someone in to crowd the box against the run also.

4. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

CND, they're primping out to everyone now that Dre is ready to star working, just got his stitches back.

Could you give us some perspective on AJ?

5. CloakNNNdagger

Off subject, but I'll give a short thought summary. If there was an actual partial tendon repair, at least 6 weeks. If truly "just a clean up" of scar tissue, this would probably be from an old injury, still minimally 3-4 weeks. If a rupture of one of the small distal tendons with no attempt at repair, but possibly clean up, still 3-4 weeks........and with decreased knee flexion strength long term.

These are what I believe are "should be numbers." I have no idea what the "will be numbers" the Texans will try to go with.

6. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

He did come off the field heavily favoring one leg. Sort of a mixture of hopping and skipping.

One of the bad things about being at the game, very little information / replays in the stadium. I usually txt friends for info.

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

I was there.

He limped off, same little "hitch in his get-along" that we've seen when he's left previous games with the hammy issue bothering him.

After sitting out one play, he tried to walk back onto the field but it appeared to me that Kubiak/Dennison called a certain "package/formation" that would have sent Arian to the sideline had he been in on the previous play...because Arian starts to walk onto the field and then personnel changes started happening and Arian turned on his heel, like a soldier doing an about-face, and was unhappy he had been forced to come to the sideline under such circumstances.

Instead of him inserting himself into the game, or having a confrontation/begging the coaches to be put back in (having to argue with them), the coaches called a personnel package that meant he had to stay on the sideline.

As soon as he came out with that limp, I stopped watching everything else and just focused on Arian to see if he tried to come back in. He did, and almost simultaneously a different personnel package occurred and it relegated him to the sideline.

Gotta' admire his guts and determination. He wants to win. Badly.

8. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Not going to agree (about the hammy...didn't really see THAT...)

He looked just fine in space on those screens/dumpoffs.

He did get his ankle rolled on that 1st drive. After a while, he was fine. Problem was, OL played like shit.

9. CloakNNNdagger

The gait problems I saw were consistent with either hamstring, or even quad,........ but not ankle.

ThaShark316 likes this.
  10. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I absolutely recall when he came off the field and had that look on his face that said he'd reaggravated it.

Hope that's not true.

If it is, I sure hope Tate's back to full strength.

11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

You know what? As soon as I posted, I remembered what I saw on the injury report...

Arian was limited in practice..

due to his quad...Cloak wins. I'll pay you in 2 dollar bills. Or +rep...

12. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Foster was limited in practice today due to a quad injury... you could be right.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5469/arian-foster

13. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be overly worried considering he had that long catch and run in the second half. One of the things I see happening though at least until the bye week is his practice reps will probably be limited. It will be nice to have 2 capable backs ready to fill in for him this week so he's not forced to play so many snaps.

14. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

I figured it was ankle because he appeared to be unconcerned. When Arian tweaks the hamstring, his reaction is expressive.

I didn't know that an unsteady gait was only associated to upper leg injuries. I guess concussions or a hit to the ear would be the only other cause, which is clearly not the case.

15. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

i wonder if foster will just be a flash in the pan like slaton was

16. Endcoachment

Endcoachment Rookie

Arian also didn't show his normal sprinting capability, I do believe he will be fine this week as it is really only his 2nd and a half week back.

17. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Definitely not.

18. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

He said in an interview on 1560 that he limped off because he had a charley horse.

19. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

FWIW, Kenneth First reported on 610 this morning that AJ's injured hamstring was clipped off. And, he contended that if this were the Super Bowl, he'd be playing on Sunday, but he feels they'll hold him out until the Tennessee game.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Arian took a good hit to the side of his quad early in the game. He did limp a little right after the play. I think it's just a muscle bruise.

Maybe he should wear some thigh pads like Earl used to wear. You could roof a small house with those things.