Are you scared to pay Foster?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JamesBill, Jan 21, 2012.

1. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

Not just from the injury or "WTF happened to Chris Johnson" viewpoint.

But from the "the reason this guy didn't get drafted was his attitude and work ethic". On his way to leading the league in rushing Kubiak (of all people) benched him. When has he done that to any player? Ever?

I think if you don't pay Foster he will just sit out and not play so we will sign him to a contract, but I am a little scared of him thinking he is smarter than everyone else again. :gun:

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Foster is special, make no mistake.

However, I think this team is still pretty dangerous with Tate & Ward.

Still, Foster earned his money & the Texans just need to give it to him. Kubiak knows about Foster's work ethics..... I don't think he needs any more proof.

He told Jacoby to miss a plane once. He benched Waly Lundy for 6 games.

3. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

Hell no. He's earned it and from my point of view we owe him money for the last couple years, regardless of what happens in the future.

4. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

I don't remember that about Wali Lundy but he and Jacoby Jones were total scrubs at that time.

5. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

Just to be clear, I am not saying don't pay him or he doesn't deserve it.

He deserves it, we should do the right thing and pay him.

I am asking is any part of you a little scared he will revert back to old ways. After a possible long negotiation.

6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Pay the man. He's earned it and will continue to earn it. Foster avoids big hits like the plague. He has many years left in the tank.

8. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

A big difference between Foster and CJ.

CJ kept talking about the money. I can't recall Foster mentioning anything related to contract money. Foster knew if he puts up #, money will come with it. Therefore, no need to talk about money which gives negative impression of the player. Remember, pay me Rick DR?

Anyway, Foster earned and deserves his big pay day.

Go Texans!!!

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Umm sorry, but this question is like asking if you're scared to sleep with a beautiful woman.

PAY THE MAN.

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Foster doesn't seem to be about the money. I'm sure it would hurt is feelings and influence him, but that would be from the respect dept., not the you owe me dept. The man earned his payday. Pay him forwhat he's done for this org., not for what he may do. This is the sme reason I didn't mind the big payday to DD/DW too much.

11. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Channel 26 had a little spot with Foster tonight.
    He said he really thinks that the contract talk will work out (I don't remember his exact words.)

Some of his exact words are:
    "I want to be here for the rest of my career."

12. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

And rightfully so, we found him, gave him a chance. i think he knows that and is grateful for it, well that is until he gets a big multi million million dollar signing bonus, and then after a solid 4 seasons here gets offered a BIGGER mulit million signing bonus. Funny how money changes people, but i would love for foster to remain a texan and retire one as well.

People can say what they want about bob and rick smith, but we generally get good character guys, i think thats one reason we dont see many big changes to the roster every season, guys want to stay here.

13. SAMURAITEXAN

I understand DocBar and I too think Foster isn't just about money. What I am saying is that He has better head on his shoulder than CJ. Talk about DD/DW was too bad he had that injury.

Go Texans!!!

14. SAMURAITEXAN

Thanks for info 76Texan!! Local media info never gets here in Japan so, I appreciated that info.

Go Texans!!!

15. SAMURAITEXAN

Well, when Foster gets his big pay day and if it is a very large one, please let him know that he can spread his money to TTC member so money wouldn't change his character.:runaway:

You are right about Texans' players character and yes I also think one of reason we don't see a rapid change to our roster.

Go Texans!!!

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I would be definitely be scared to pay Foster ... considering that I don't have that kind of money. However I am not scared to spend Bob McNair's money.

HJam72 likes this.
  17. SAMURAITEXAN

Ha ha just stop, Hookem just stop.

18. Scooter

Scooter Funky

as much as i want to agree with a lot of the "sign at any cost" folks, i think this is one we need to be careful with. foster is a perfect fit for the texans, he's a glider with vision and just enough breakaway and force to dominate - very similar to terrell davis's early years.

that being said, i just cant advocate breaking the bank on him. nor do i want to hear (again) that rick smith offered an insulting contract that makes him walk out or hold out. foster is an elite back with houston, and will remain so if he stays, but is not going to have this much success with any other team. he is built for this system and playing behind arguably the best line in football (just ask the ravens "no 100yd rushers" defense). the deal in my eyes should make him about the 5th highest paid back with a fair amount of incentives ... a big number and relatively cap friendly for an elite player, but not one that's going to hurt us.

all that being said, i see the reason for concern. foster says all the right things, and he performs, but as far as i know he doesnt have the best work ethic. his fumble concerns are well known, his college career is still fresh in most memories, and there are worries about him becoming complacent. foster's a guy who appears to need that chip on his shoulder to be at his best, getting a top tier deal possibly takes a lot of that away.

19. clutch

clutch Rookie

of coarse u pay him..not Chris Johnson money..say 6-8 mil per would suffice..

Nitrofish likes this.
  20. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

Pay the guy he has earned there is no need for discussion on this one.