Are you all satisfied with an 8-8 season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Dec 31, 2007.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Are you?:fans: :fans: :fans:

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

I am satisfied with a two game improvement over last year, especially in light of the adversity that the Texans had to overcome to win eight games.

Yes, I am satisfied. I have a warm and fuzzy feeling inside due to the Texan's 8-8 record, which I believe might just be adequate to carry me over until training camp in July.

The trend is clearly upwards. I am feeling optimistic about the Texan's prospects for the future. It's all good.

Happy New Year to the Texans and their fans!

3. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

If you told me AJ, Dunta, Schaub and Ahman would be out a significant amount of time at the beginning of the year, I would have jumped on 8-8.

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

In a division where the other three teams made the playoffs... Satisfied is the word that pops up.. :)

5. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'm satisfied with it for this season. Considering the horrid 2-14 season of a couple of years ago, when this team was in a really bad position as far as talent and organizational structure. You don't replace everybody all at once. There are some bright spots in our future.

1. Salary cap and dead money. When Rick Smith took over as GM we had a ton of dead money on our roster. Now, most of that money is gone and we can start making some moves in FA.
    2. We have two viable QBs. Yes, they still have questions marks but before we had no QBs.
    3. We have leadership on the defensive side of the ball. When we lost Sharper and Glenn, we took a huge hit to our team's leadership. Now, with the maturing of Demeco and DRob, that leadership void is being filled.
    4. Playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Before it was just Andre and he got smothered by the opposing defense each week. Now with the emergence of Daniels and the upstart Andre Davis, opposing defenses have to cover everybody.
    5. A young, talented front 7. We have a pro bowl MLB and an up and coming DE. Include a new, extremely young DT, and you've got the makings of a good defense for years to come.
    6. A young aggressive GM who has a knack for finding talent off the street - Maddox, Leech, Demps, Davis.
    7. A young head coach who has brought this team to its best record in franchise history, who, by his own account, has a lot to learn. Just think how good we'll be when he learns it.

Yeah, I'll have to say I'm satisfied with 8-8 this year because I know it will get better.

6. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Am I surprised? Not really.
    Am I disappointed? Not at all.
    Am I satisfied? Yeah, I'd say so.
    Am I excited for 2008 on? :fans:

7. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Next year we need to stay healthy and maybe just maybe it will be a playoff season.

8. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Until we're winners, no I am not satisfied.

Is it a step in the right direction? Of course.

Here's to a better 2008 season.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Like I said STAY HEALTHY.

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

yes gary, yes I am :toast2:

11. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I think of it this way. Where we could have been if it weren't for all the injuries?

12. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Every team deals with injuries. Using that as an excuse is a cop-out in my opinion. We need a better roster from top to bottom.

No one goes injury free all year long.

13. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I don't know about top to bottom but we do need a new roster.

14. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I love the Houston Texans but I was always lead to believe that you should always evaluate your performance critically and if you were competing and didn't finish first figure out what you did wrong and strive to make the needed improvements.
    If you finished first. Ask yourself what you have to do to improve on your performance to insure that you finish first NEXT year. Never be satisfied with yourself no matter how well you THINK you're doing and ultimately you'll be the best. You don't measure that in titles or trophies it's a hunger that only a chosen few can ever truly hope to know.

15. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I've said this several times but I think it's important.

People frequently use words and phrases when talking about their teams as though they were a player. The players and coaches and owner and management shouldn't be satisfied at all. If they don't win the Super Bowl then they should consider the season a failure and they should be working hard in the offseason to fix that.

But... I'm not a player. I'm a fan. The concept of being satisfied is the wrong approach to being a fan because for me at least, the word "satisfied" carries with it connotations of doing something about it if you're NOT satisfied.

I'm going to support my team whether they go undefeated or whether they don't win a game. That's MY job as a fan. The only real way you can "not stand for" a losing season or express your dissatisfaction is to stop being a fan of the team and if you do that, it seems to me you're a fairweather fan.

So, am I satisfied? I'm satisfied and happy that I have a team. Do I wish they were perennial winners? Yes. Am I going to wait around until they are? Yep.

GlassHalfFull likes this.
  16. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I was always told " If your satisfied, you will never get better". With that said I will say I am happy about the non losing season, and happy with our progress in most areas. But satisfied.....never satisfied....texanpride

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I'm sorely disappointed that after 6 seasons this team's best record is 8-8. Starting with Kubiak, after the debacle that was our first regime, and considering all the injuries this year, I am not just satisfied but ecstatic that we did not have another losing season. I couldn't be happier with both Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak, although I'm not saying they're perfect.

Let's get some people healthy, have our best offseason ever, and come back next year snorting some flames! :texflag::fans::texflag:

18. opiedopie

opiedopie Has Been

I,m not complaining! It was a exiting season. Should have won two or three more games(Atlanta,Cleveland and Tenn x 2). But I didn't get beat up by all the cowboy fans at work as much as I did in years past! Thats nice!

By the way did you know 90% of all inmates currently in jail are cowboy fans?

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  19. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Let's see we lead the league with players on IR. Second worst in turnover ratio -13 , thanks to Ravens for being -17!
    If we can hold onto the ball next year we a real chance of a winning record. Having so many people on IR gives a better idea of which our back ups can step into the starting lineup and contribute.
    Yes I am happy with 8-8 this year but want more W's next year!
    :fans::texflag:

20. gary

gary Hall of Fame

That's what I'm saying if we had AJ all season we probably would have won three more games and have been 11-5.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: