Are we overreacting much today?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Some of the threads are just ....well..... "disgraceful".

I mean, did some of expect this team to 16-0 or something? Much less, in your predictions, did you actually predict a win today?

But, I'm not surprised.

Let me guess. It's not that we lost, but how we lost, right? :gun: Bullshit. We played a good team down to the wire, so deal with it.

On to next week. Who we playing?

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I think everyone expects the Texans to go 4-10 the rest of the way .... like the last time they were 2-0. :gun:

3. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Another good team.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

How they respond next week at home will tell us a lot about the character of this team.

5. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Steelers at home. We can win that game. The expectation that we should be a perfect team with a whole new defense and our best RB out is ridiculous. The team has performed well through 3 weeks. When that schedule was released, we all knew that the first 4 games were going to be really tough on us. I think we have been really solid so far, and are well on our way to winning the division.

6. False Start

False Start On # 69

Didnt you know? We are gonna finish 2-14, the other number 8 was a better QB, Mario is overrated, and we will be lucky to score a total of 14 points for the rest of the season. [​IMG] :rake:

7. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

i knew...........sad sad day !!!

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Oakland won't be easy either.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

If everyone would just get off their computers and walk away for a few hours after a loss, the message board world would be a better place.

I went and did some good old fashioned manual labor after the loss today, and it sure was better than sitting on the message board finding ways to PMS all over the place.

To me, this offense MUST have two dominant-looking RBs in the game. With Foster AND Ward out today, it was a lot to expect of Tate to handle the load by himself. Slaton was never a real threat when he was out there.

James Casey was utilized in ways that we had hoped for back when we discussed his role at FB back in training camp. Today was a showcase to all upcoming d-coordinators that they now have a Dallas Clark-type guy in James Casey to contend with...here's to hoping Kubiak and Dennison utilize Casey in even more exotic looks in the future.

It sucked to lose. I don't think it's a season-defining loss. I guarantee you that Joseph and Manning are coaching up our other secondary players. I mean, the things they're doing in Wade's defense (and they're new to his defense) are amazing to me. It's very promising, I think.

TigerV1 likes this.
  10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I can understand where they are coming from. Before the game, if you would have told them we would lose, I think most everyone would have been fine with that.

But we had them. We were beating them in almost every facet of the game.

Then we gave it away.

We all know that you have to win the games you're supposed to, & you've got to steal one when you can. This is one we should have stole.

Plus it would have shut a lot of Saints fans (& DexmanC) up for a little while.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

This is where I am at. We'll know if we've got the same old Texans if they let the Steelers put their feet on the coffee table in our house.

12. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

This is how it goes

Texans win : We have the greatest team ever we might win every game through the super bowl.

Texans lose: Fire the coach...bench the QB...the defense sucks...fire both coordinators and get rid of everyone.

ObsiWan and False Start like this.
  13. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Personally I think most here are overreacting. The landscape of the NFL (how fans / media feel about teams) changes every week. Win next week and everyone is all sunshine and lollipops again. I think the Texans will win next week.

I think the Texans finally will go to the playoffs this season and more than likely will win the division. However I don't think this team has much more than that in them.

Someone mentioned that "killer instict" and I don't think they have that. That generally comes from the leaders of the teams (head coach, QB, etc). While we have talented individuals in those positions I think they are lacking extremely in the "killer instict" .. put away teams department. I have been complaining about that for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I just hope the Steelers dont lay an egg in Indy and come to Houston pissed off. :gun:

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

SOS

A Gary coaced team

Win next week and prove the naysayers wrong.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Well, hopefully we didn't hurt our power ranking too much.

17. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

If the Steelers stomp on the Texans at home. I'll be very deflated...if we lose another close game it'll be meh to me.

I expected a 2-2 start for the first quarter of games, anything better than that is gravy. Although I thought we'd lose to the Fins and upset either the Saints or Steelers.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

We fans don't handle adversity very well.
    Especially mere hours after it appeared we had a legit shot to steal a road win and let it get away.

And there are some who have had to bite their tongues for two weeks in a row because we won. They've been saving their venom since last year. This is their shot to cut loose.

19. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

The Texans will probably still win their division. But that still doesn't mean they're a good/well coached team.

Thanks Gary grow some

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

:handshake:
    Spot on. We're fans. This is what we do.