Are we happy?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LikeMike, Oct 10, 2017.

?

Are you happy?

1. We got our QB, Damm right I am happy

30 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. I can't be happy after seeing Watt go down like this.

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. I am feeling bipolar right now

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. LikeMike

LikeMike Hall of Fame

Seems like we have found our qb in Watson. I know rookie qbs can crash and burn after a hot start, but I guess it is safe to say he exceeded our wildest hopes. And one thing is sure: he won't fail because of his character.

Before the season I would have been thrilled if we find our qb - even if we would have to suffer through an injury filled horrible season.

Now it really hurts what happened to Watt and Mercilus. I am thrilled bit also down if you know what I mean.

What about you?

MEGA SWATT likes this.
  2. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

It's hard to care.

3. TheKDog

TheKDog All Pro

We're 2-3.

Yes I'm happy we have a good QB but the OL and secondary are terrible.

The idea wasn't to find a QB and still be mediocre.

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Players come and go. I thought the Oilers were going to do it with Earl Campbell, then I thought they were going to do it with Warren Moon, then they left town and I had no cigars. Now maybe they'll do it with Watson. We'll see. I'm to old, disgruntled, and full of Houston history to be truly happy until I see a Super Bowl victory. But I keep watching anyway, it's what a fan does.

ROO, V3rm0nt3r, NCTexan and 9 others like this.
  5. Texansphan

Texansphan All Pro

Now that we have an offense that you actually look forward to taking the field, I will enjoy my Texans so much more.
    Most teams suffer injuries so we will have to see how they handle it.
    Still, a shame to see JJ and Whit get hurt like that. Texans have copped their fair share of injuries plus we have been without our pro bowl LT so it might be time to move on and see if we can trade a decent pass rusher for him.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Texansballer74 and BYDS like this.
  6. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Before the season, I ddn't have much hope. I figured at best it would be a 9-7 first round flame out, and I had my doubts about it being that good. The only hope I had was that Watson would get a chance to show us what he could do. Well, that happened earlier than we all expected, and the results are great. I am still very down about the season, as I figure it's a lost season. No Watt, no Mercilus, no Cushing, no Brown, a subpar (but improving) OL, and another year of Rick Smith, ugh. But at least now I have hope for the future. I don't know what they can pull off with no draft picks in the upcoming offseason, but Watson is keeping me tuned in.

We may never see the JJ Watt we all know and love again. Even if he comes back, he may just be a shell of himself. But at least we have a QB finally. That's the toughest piece.

7. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

I picked bipolar as I was high on DW4 since the draft. The "IT" factor this kid has just blows me away. Watching him be able to play football, now that O'Brien is catering to what this kid can do, has made it fun to watch the offense again. The last five weeks I have been down on the defense because of the play in the secondary. I still have hope. As much as folks won't want to admit it, Smith is pretty damn good at finding free agents to fill in when our guys go down.

Personally, I'm blaming the lack of training days and lack of training in pads. As the saying goes, you play like you practice. If these guys aren't getting hit in practice, they're going to get hurt when they play live.

Porky and adama51 like this.
  8. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Real downer eriadoc.

True about Watson.

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I'm always happy.

2-3 is about what the talent level on this team says their record should be.

The beat the teams they're supposed to beat and in yearly Texans fashion lose to the best teams. (A Texans tradition) They are playing to their talent level. (Which is avg) 9-7, 7-9. 10-6 if they're lucky. But make no mistake this team is far from a true SB contender.

In other words not much has changed in Ricky's 11 yrs here.

TheKDog likes this.
  10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

You don't care so much, you had to tell everyone about it? If you don't care, why are you even here?

I choose the bi-polar option for the record. We finally have a QB we can build around, and we lose two stud playmakers and leaders on the defense. It's kind of like hopping into bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2. You're like Yessss...wait.... Noooooooo.

Watt as far as the stud he was from 2011 to 2015 is done. Whitney I do believe will come back at 100% next season. Work on the trenches next year and safety and another year with Watson - I believe we're SB contenders next year. But this year, let's roll the dice and see what happens and just enjoy the ride.

What is it with the Debbie Downer's. Did someone piss in their cheerios?

House of Pain likes this.

11. Max

Max All Pro

Doesn't this feel like a different 9-7 team to you than the ones in the recent past? We have our qb, the offense is putting up points and our D has shown it may struggle but we've been bitten by the injury bug. I don't feel like we're like just any other average team -- we can put up 57 in a game and at least the possibility exists now to make a playoff run if things break our way. At worst (to me), it feels like our foundation is in place and SB contender is in sight. If we end up 9-7, this off-season is going to feel a lot better than last off-season.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

You don't care so much, you had to tell everyone about it? If you don't care, why are you even here?

I choose the bi-polar option for the record. We finally have a QB we can build around, and we lose two stud playmakers and leaders on the defense. It's kind of like hopping into bed with a 10 and waking up with a 2. You're like Yessss...wait.... Noooooooo.

Watt as far as the stud he was from 2011 to 2015 is done. Whitney I do believe will come back at 100% next season. Work on the trenches next year and safety and another year with Watson - I believe we're SB contenders next year. But this year, let's roll the dice and see what happens and just enjoy the ride.

What is it with the Debbie Downer's. Did someone piss in their cheerios?
    I'll sign off on this. I remember one recent year we started 2-0 and I said something to the effect that this was the worst 2-0 team I've ever seen and this season will not turn out well. Sure enough, we lost 14 straight.

There is lucky breaks, good defense, trying not to lose it on offense and squeaking by every week with a late FG to win 9-7 (see 2014, 2015, 2016), and then there is exciting, fast paced, balls to the wall putting up points like nobody's business, fun as hell to watch 9-7 with upside to spare.

If someone thinks all 9-7 records are created equal, I don't know what to say.

Texansballer74, adama51 and Max like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Hall of Fame

I’m thrilled.

Qb is the hardest position to fill. I feel like Watson is going to be the best in franchise history and possibly a special player in league history.

Sucks that Watt went down, but the real tragedy is wasting so many of his good years with sub par qbs.

Watt being a top player in the league for several years was never a given. That’s why you’ve got to strike while the Iron is hot.

If Watson turns out to be the qb we think/hope he is then not only will other great players careers not be wasted without having a real chance to win big games in the playoffs and potentially a Super Bowl, but we won’t need to rely on Watt doing freakishly special things to win.

If Watt does make it back and if he still wants to play, the Texans can pace him and still win games.

14. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

I fell worse to the way I felt about the Texans as I did during 2007-2010.

Explosive offense. Defense worries.

And we just lost the best player ever to suit up in a Texans jersey. And Merci too.

But if we didn't have Watson i would feel even worse. So I guess there is that.

I will enjoy watching the offense this year, and put my black shroud on when the defense takes the field in memory of Watt and Merci.

I am back to waiting for next year when that is the last year Texan fans will wait for next year.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

As a fan - i.e. consumer of an entertainment product - I ask myself: Am I being entertained? Am I compelled to pay attention? Do I look forward to this entertainment medium like I would a metal concert or new Star Wars movie?

And my answers to all of the above is a resounding YES! With Watson, you're damn right I'm being entertained! And now, instead of sitting through a DVR an hour after the game started, I'm ready to watch the kick off live! I feel like our team can compete with anyone at this point. Super Bowl bound? Who the heck knows. It's a game of attrition by playoffs. But with a QB like Watson, fans can finally have some hope in the postseason.

We've got a QB, Houston football fans! We have the most important piece of the puzzle, something we have been missing for too many years. So yeah, damn right I'm happy.

#firstworldproblems

16. Sigma

Sigma Hall of Fame

after the bengals game I was ready to change team.

there is no point in keep watching a team that has provided no entertainment for years.

I don't even know why I watched the week 3 game against the Patriots, probably because I never decided which new team to follow.

but since that game I have actually enjoyed watching the texans play, finally some entertainment.

which means I'm happy. it sucks for all the injuries, but there will always be injuries. at least now I can enjoy some football

BYDS likes this.
  17. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

This season is gonna suck with our banged up defense, but the future looks better than ever so I'm happy.

18. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

About what?

19. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

The new star wars trailer.

DrumBeatsLouder and Joeseafus like this.
  20. banned1976

banned1976 American

I don't know how I should feel but I'm pretty sure someone around here will tell me. It's what we do.