Are all ok?

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by brickman, Sep 13, 2008.

1. brickman

brickman Rookie

Just a follow up on the Hurricane ........ is everyone ok? Thoughts and prayers are with you all as I watch the devastation on tv. This reallyu puts things in perspective. Hoping all of you and your families are doing ok. I know many or all are without power, but needed to say this anyway.

brickman :texflag:

Giant Tiger likes this.
  2. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

I'll second brickman. Hope everyone in the Houston area is ok this morning.

3. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

Please everyone be safe if your heading in soon. I know there seems to be damage in most of the areas. SO Be careful.

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I just moved to Iowa a couple weeks ago for school. My family is still in the Houston area thankfully everyone i've heard from are okay with only minor damage.

Hope everyone is okay.

5. steds

steds Veteran

Best of luck to all of you.

6. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

people are slowly checking in down in the hurricane ike thread. on tv right now a texan republican congresman boasting how much better Houston did than new orleans

7. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    My thoughts as well :friends:

8. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I'm okay. We are one of the few people with power.

It looks like a bomb went off in my neighborhood. Downed trees and signs everywhere. I have a bunch of trees down in my yard, but fortunately they missed the house.

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes, but that by far was the scariest night of my life. It sounded like the ocean and a train at the same time and I kept thinking that the next wind gust was going to bust the windows in.

Drove to get back to my house (I stayed up the street at some place safer)--all the street lights out, lots of trees in people's houses. I've never seen anything quite like it.

The hurricane lasted WAAAAY too long--I thought it wouldn't stop. I am going to go into a coma tonight.

God bless and prayers for everyone affected by the hurricane and the responders trying to help.

:texflag:

SeƱor Stan likes this.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy Rookie

Hey, just wanted to come in and wish you guys all the best. I hope everyone is okay. Next week when things start returning to something resembling normal, please drop by our forum and make fun of VY. A little rivalry talk will probably be a welcome distraction from the events of the past 24 hours.

Take care all and know that our thoughts are with you.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  10. scourge

scourge Digression King

I work for CenterPoint. We are doing our best. 2.1 million out of 2.26 customers without power. Myself and my infant included. To those who see us out there, cut us some slack and stop asking when the power will be back up. We are working as fast as possible. The answer is weeks. some area may be less, we are estimating some to possibly be 4+.

If it comes up sooner, consider yourself lucky. We will be working from 5am to 10pm everyday until power is restored in the entire Greater Houston area.

Take care everyone, I will try and keep in touch whenever i get the chance. But without power at home, its rather difficult.

Texans_Chick, Andrew6 and Runner like this.
  11. pappy

pappy Veteran

I am one of the lucky ones and have power but it is only a two block area that still has it around here .

12. scourge

scourge Digression King

what's funny, anyone who needed to read my post has no power... looks like another bad day today with all of the heavy rain I'm seeing right now.

DiapHer likes this.
  13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I'm up here in Kansas and I really do wish yall the best. My family stayed through and they don't have power though they do have a working land-line phone. My family on the island made it off ok, and we got my grandma out of Port Arthur in time as well. Our house in Houston is just fine structurally with no flooding. Port Arthur and Galveston are stilled closed off, so we don't know about the other family members' houses.

14. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

As a side note, my mom said power could be 2-3 weeks getting back on, so she is actually looking forward to going into work tomorrow at ExxonMobil because they have generators and have AC.

15. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I just drove the car around the block and it isn't too terrible here just north of the 290/610. Branches and brush are all over the place, but I haven't seen any houses completely wiped out yet. Anybody hear from SheTex and how Pasadena's looking?

16. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

2nd night without power...staying in Katy with my folks who do have power. Damage to my home was a minimum. Light roof damange and a couplee of fenced broken. Hopefully all will be back to normoal soon.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

No damage, no electricity yet.

Life is good.

18. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

We have electricity in Baytown. My house had very light damage, fence knocked down, couple of shingles missing. No running water though.

You know how much it sucks coming home from a long day of helping neighbors saw apart huge uprooted oak trees and picking up debris and NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE A SHOWER!

I at least thank god for power and a/c.

19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

And now I have electricity.

20. Spled

Spled All Pro

Power just came back this morning. Thanks to Scourge and the other power workers out there. I've got a neighbor's tree resting on the side of my house and some fence damage. Other than that it's just tree limbs everywhere. I've been cleaning since Saturday morning. Saturday and Sunday were hard without football, except for radio.