AP Doing A Re-Vote

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MFG16, May 10, 2010.

1. MFG16

MFG16 Veteran

2. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Sportswriters are idiots.

3. Austrian

Austrian Hall of Fame

Whatever. I just hope we can compensate for the loss of Cush for the first month.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The only idiot here is Brian Cushing. Let's pass blame here, Cushing made this bed and now he has to lie in it. There's consequences for every decision a person makes good or bad. If Cushing cheated he needs to be stripped of that award.

5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Brian Cushing is dumb for getting caught, but lets not mince words here. This isn't the first time busted player won an award. I think the AP wanted to make some news themselves and are inserting themselves into the limelight because they know that it's an incredible waste of time.

6. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

The title looks funny.

7. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Classic overreation - Let's re-vote without knowing all the facts involved

What if it turns out that Brian challenges and reverses the suspension in court?

Will the AP re-vote again? How many times can a re-vote occur?

8. Ckw

Ckw Guest

So where were the jack offs in 2006 when Merriman tested positive for roids. He had just won the DROY award in 2005, yet did he get stripped? This is some bull shit.

9. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Great, but how about we reserve the judgment until we know what he actually took? If he loses this award for taking Sudafed, then I don't think it is warranted. If it's HGH, Roids or similar stuff, then fine, I can understand it. Doing the re-vote now before the whole story is public is a joke and it sets a bad precedent. The voters will not have all the information and it will only lead to more controversy in the long-run.

10. blitz90

blitz90 jock strap

Cushing deserves to be punished and hopefully will be a man and learn from it.
    With that said, this has got to be a joke right? Some sort of 'mock' re-vote? They can't really take that from him. One of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

11. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

I think he deserves to be stripped of the award but where was this outcry in 2002 when Peppers actually served a 4 game suspension during his rookie year? I think its a combination of an example being made of Cushing and the new age media where all the sportswriters etc. are probably all tweeting amongst themselves.

EDIT: I wonder if Justice would have written that article on how all this was pretty much a non-story had he known the AP would do a re-vote. That's a pretty solid amount of pie in his face.

12. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

The AP also will be redoing the All-Pro voting for the position of outside linebacker.

13. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I hope all this just pisses him off even more and he plays like a man on fire starting game 5.

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I don't care what happened in the past with other players......that has nothing to do with Cushing. When you put banned substances into your body, you take the risk of public humiliation and shame. Cushing has to deal with the repercussions and I don't really care if he's stripped of every award and accolade. Hopefully he's shamed so bad that nothing like this will EVER happen again.

15. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Cushing making a mistake in NO WAY precludes sportwriters from being Id*o*s themselves. The AP has had precedent to do this before, but only now, THIS time decided to pull the trigger.

It's not like Cush has to give back his Pro Bowl bonus, so what's the point?

16. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

So now that they are re-voting.... who is the new favorite for 2010 DROY? I'm fairly confident its not gonna be Cushing so between Byrd, Orakpo and Matthews who gets it? Personally I think I'd have to go Orakpo.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Who cares if they haven't pulled the trigger before? Sports Writers are growing more and more intolerant of athletes who use HGH and other steroids. Cushing put himself in this situation and he has nobody to blame, but himself. The only reason why people are getting upset with the decision of the AP or even care is, because it's happening to "their" guy. Frankly I'd rather he lose the award then having to listen to people everywhere constantly say how he doesn't deserve it, because he cheated.

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

19. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Uhm, no. I'm upset that they just now decided to pull the trigger because it isn't one of their big markets in CA or NY that they'll be pi**ing off. I blame Cushing for what he did. His punishment is a 4-game suspension. Cushing, however, didn't call for this silly re-vote, the AP did. I'm blaming THEM for THEIR actions.

AnthonyE likes this.
  20. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Here is the thing I have heard and seen reports of many NFL players using steroids without getting caught. If true, how do we know who is cheating and who is not? We don't. I have heard he is not the only one by any means. So, are they just going to give the award from one cheater to the next? Well, without any testing to these new front runners that seems to be the case IMO. I say these guys should be tested before hand it is only fair but even that does not mean they were not on anything at some point and time. Does it? Just saying.