Anyone still think Dunta deserved a bigger contract?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by euro-Texan, Nov 29, 2009.

1. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Man, Dunta sure has a way of getting BURNED. I can't see a situation where he signs ANYWHERE as a starter

2. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Nope

Dunta should be playing for the CFL IMO

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Did anyone but Dunta EVER think he deserved a bigger contract than he turned down? Aside from Dunta himself, that is.

4. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

And to think some of you thought he was the "still the best cornerback on the team".

Unbelievable.

5. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Someone is still going to pay him. I have changed my stance though and hope its not us. I don't think it will be. We will likely offer him a contract but it will be (better be) significantly less than what he was offered this off-season. He will then proceed to throw a hissy fit and test FA only to find it was about the market rate.

6. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

When the season ends, he might be kicking himself for not taking the offer that Rick Smith gave him. He may look very foolish if he does not get a sizable guaranteed contract in the off season.

7. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Yep, but he'll leave out of spite, and then in his press interview go on and on about the losing culture of the Texans, and how he's ready to help the Detroit Lions turn things around.

8. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

We can only hope. With the way he has played lately that would be very satisfying.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

& to think... he's started all year, and he'll continue to start.

WTF!!!

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Robinson is up for a huge award. Huge ! And it's the award for being the biggest con-man in Houston, TX. And Rick Smith deserves the award for being the biggest suucckker in Houston, TX.

11. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Ultimatly, Rick Smith looks pretty good right now in my opinion. Had Dunta played his ass off, we'd all know that he was leaving anyway or holding the team hostage at least. Had we parted ways and Dunta played well somewhere else, we'd all be out for blood. This way, we cut ties and we can all feel good about it.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Dunta should have been on the bench since Reeves came back.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I want Dunta gone and will be relieved when he makes a grab for the first contract thrown his way this off-season. Dunta brought an attitude into our locker room that was counterproductive this year and I'll always fondly remember his greedy little ass as our first "home grown" cancer.

Anyone who thinks Dunta has had a good season is high. He's been a train wreck and helped to cost us games in the process.

14. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Dunta is all hair and no action.

15. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Rick Smith and the FO made out like bandits this year with the contract situations. They offered top 5 money to all of the guys in question and ALL of them have taken a hit in value. Next year, all of the guys should be given reduced contracts to the ones offered this year.

16. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

He's a linebacker in a corners body. He makes the big hit occasionally but spends the rest of the time getting burnt and drawing pass interference calls. Worst 10 mil spent ever.

17. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

10 and 12 yard completions are now considered getting "BURNED"? :roast:

D-Rob is no superstar, and he was crazy to turn down the contract the Texans offered him. He was nuts to hold out when they gifted him with the franchise tag. He's going to regret it, just like the Texans would have ended up regretting giving that kind of contract to him.

Ever since his injury he has sucked in run support. He's never had great ball skills, or been an amazing playmaker.

That said, people who think D-Rob has had a bad year in coverage are one of three things:

1. Clueless
    2. Blind
    3. Stupid

Pick one.

There are 64 starting corners in the NFL, and there are not 20 that can cover better than Robinson. Saying that he couldn't find a starting job ANYWHERE in the NFL is completely asinine.

People have clearly let their personal feelings about Robinson's offseason shenanigans cloud their judgment to the point of the absurd. He was MUCH worse in 2008. He was MUCH worse in 2007. He was MUCH worse in 2006. Etc. etc. etc. In 2007 people absolutely ADORED him, hailing him as a sure probowler. They got angry and fumed when the media didn't give him any respect. Now he is MUCH better in coverage, and mysteriously people are saying he's terrible. Hmm, I wonder what's changed.

Only in Houston could a player have a career year and be vilified for it.

Before anyone calls me a D-Rob homer, leading up to D-Rob turning down the crazy Gamble offer we made, I was one of only a few people around here who said he was not an elite corner, and never had been. Certain folks around here took great issue with my criticism, and were especially shocked that I would dare call our best corner 3rd tier.

I didn't think he was worth that level of contract then, and I wouldn't offer it to him now. He's just not that level of elite player. I would like to have a top 20 cover corner back on the team if the price is right. Anybody who thinks the defense would improve if they let the 3rd least thrown at corner in the NFL walk are fooling themselves.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

problem is that he wants superstar money ..

I have gotten to the point that I honestly can't wait for him to leave town

19. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Then you have to let him go.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Dude, you should put the crack pipe down. Week after week I watch Dunta go out there and embarrass himself and week after week I watch you come in here like his ****ing boyfriend and defend him. I'm afraid you're either watching another team play (Texans logo is a cow, just "fyi") or you're his agent or something.