Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Anyone listening to Buchanon on 790?

yaboycm

Waterboy
No, I stop listening to those clowns on the radio. The Bobby's World guy either pierces my ears or puts me to sleep. The other two put me to sleep often. Mark is good but Rich is a nursery rhyme before bed. Mark and Andre are good together.

Don't know of any of the other locals around here.
Matt Jackson good though.

I keep reading in the paper that boths ratings are going down drastically and consistently. Sounds like the Texans and them can make changes together!

P-Buch probably something along the lines of got a take it one day at a time, just go out there and try to do my best, blah, blah, blah. Try to do your best? Why not just go ahead and give your best?

I had the privelage of not doing letting that kind of damage hit my ears though. I hear if you listen to that one it's like sitting front row next to the speakers at a Black Sabbath concert for 3 hours. That's another thing we have to draft, smart players. Can't have any dumb ones running around. I think our franchise does a good job of doing that though. They're aren't too many dumb players on the Texans I can think of. Certainly, we got rid of two fo our football smartest, Glenn and Sharper.

Tedc

Hardheaded
Wht would we want to listen to P-burnt?

If he had anything to say he would have said it on the field.

yaboycm

Waterboy
GIT-R-DONE said:
Huh? Matt Jackson has to be the worst talk show host this side of Jeremy Foster.

Who's the dude on the postgame show With Mark Van.....?

He is good. He was heated after that Pittsburgh loss. You could tell by the tone of his voice Mark was about to have to give him a slow push back from the microphone with the back of his hand to the chest. He was about to go buck on that microphone. Possible ripping it out.

Bubbajwp

All Flopper
He was probably talking about how showtime is the best corner in the league and everybody will know after he shuts down Chad Johnson this week. :pigfly:

Matt Jackson.....are you serious???? I would take Jeremy over him. I can not stand the guy and turn the station whenever he is on. I am a faithful listener too. The other guy with him isn't so bad, but Matt is just horrible.

raidergavy

Practice Squad
showtime is gonna shine.
showtime is a playmaker.
showtime is gonna legally change showtime's name to showtime.
showtime is the best d.b. on the texans.
showtime is electrifying.
it's not showtime's fault that showtime is on the bench.
showtime think's that d.b.'s have to have short memories. showtime has forgot about showtime's PERCEIVED mistakes. why cant anyone else forget.
the ref's are out to get showtime.
showtime did not get a 7 on the wunderlich. that buchannon guy did.
showtime is primetime's nephew. showtime will be even better than primetime.
showtime need's to be on the field if showtime is gonna make any plays.
showtime, blah, blah, blah, blah, showtime, blah, blah, blah, showtime.

p.s. you guy's need to lighten up on showtime. once i wrote him off and started laughing AT him, it became pretty fun. i used to LOVE listening to that myopic half-wit.

my favorite was when he actually said that, he was gonna legally change his name to showtime. that was the best so far.

the one where he blamed tim browns comment(phillip giveth and phillip taketh away) for his poor play was pretty good too.

i used to want to thrash the guy and just beat the **** out of him.

a coupla years ago, i realized what a dope he was and how fun it can be to just laugh AT him.

i'd really like to know what the turd said on the radio.

there has got to be something funny about him.

does that radio station have an internet feed?

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Is 790 AM off the air now? All I'm getting is radio fuzz when I check them in my truck. :confused:

exclude

Waterboy
Double Barrel said:
Is 790 AM off the air now? All I'm getting is radio fuzz when I check them in my truck. :confused:
According to www.espn790.com, the're currently down because of the hurricane.

Also, 610, not 790 feature Rich Lord and Mark Vandemeer(SIC?). Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler are also on 610.

The P-Buc show on 790 is with Karl(SIC?) Duke.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
exclude said:
According to www.espn790.com, the're currently down because of the hurricane.
Thanks for the info! :thumbup I was hoping 790 stayed on the air. I much prefer the Dan Patrick Show over Jim Rome, and was gonna' get bummed if we lost him in our market.

Plus Carl Duke is a pretty cool host, even when I don't agree with him.

Exascor

Veteran
Double Barrel said:
I much prefer the Dan Patrick Show over Jim Rome, and was gonna' get bummed if we lost him in our market.
You're not the only one. I just don't like Rome's style.

the wonger need food said:
Is anyone listening to PBust on 790? Has he said anything insightful?
More importantly, could anything understand a word that came out of his mouth? That guy talks like he has a mouthful of marbles. He sounds like that Cajun guy from the Waterboy.

Double Barrel said:
I much prefer the Dan Patrick Show over Jim Rome, and was gonna' get bummed if we lost him in our market.
Yuck. Dan Patrick is the most boring guy ever. I can't even tolerate him much less enjoy him. He has no sense of humor whatsoever, yet he is constantly laughing at his own "jokes" if you can call them that.

I can understand how Rome can get on someone's nerves but at least he won't bore you to death like Patrick.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Erratic Assassin said:
Yuck. Dan Patrick is the most boring guy ever. I can't even tolerate him much less enjoy him. He has no sense of humor whatsoever, yet he is constantly laughing at his own "jokes" if you can call them that.

I can understand how Rome can get on someone's nerves but at least he won't bore you to death like Patrick.
I can certainly understand that pov about DP. He is a little dry. My main thing about his show is guests, like his weekly visit with Michael Irvin (who I really disliked as a Cowboy, but dig him now). When he hits those slow points, time for a CD!

But that just shows you how worn out the Rome show is at this point, when I prefer DP over the Jungle. It's so cliche', his little "jungle-speak" and all the weak "clone" calls...then add his patented booty-kissing interviews (where he ends up talking smack after the guy he's interviewing is gone!)...I listen to Rome for 10 minutes and he take forever to make a point, again, and again, and again...then he's gotta' reset it yada yada yada

idonno:

AlexVanderpool

Waterboy
Johnny Utah said:
Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler have the best sports talkshow on the radio right now IMO.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Im a die hard coog fan, and I cant even stand Matt Jackson...
Matt and Adam seem ingorant with regards to sports. its usually dumb comment after dumb comment. put rich lord in with them and you will have the peanut brigade.

Charlie Pallilo is has the best local sports talkshow on IMO...