Anyone have a Bennie Joppru update?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Brian Witt, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Brian Witt

Brian Witt Rookie

I'm wondering how Bennie Joppru's rehab is going, anyone know if he will be healthy for training camp? Also, anyone know when his contract expires? If he could play like he did at Michigan years ago then we could have a platoon situation at TE with Putzier and Joppru keeping them both more energetic than if they had to play the whole game. Believe it or not, Joppru actually did play several games at the University of Michigan without getting injured. It would be nice if his string of bad luck is over and his time off and injuries have not adversly affected his talent level.

Anyway, just hoping someone here might have some up to date info on his rehabilitation. If so, please let me know.

2. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

All I've heard about him is that he is working out with Carr and other receivers during the morning in the bubble

3. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Hes standing up? Hurray!

4. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Last I heard he had bulked up and looked great. He had started to run towards the end of last season.

5. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Great, he is almost a bi-ped again. leaving the Cro-magnon stage of the evolutionary cycle. I loved someone's comment earlier about 'Can you imagine what happens on the MBoards if he stays healthy this year and he sucks?'

If it looks like a duck...

6. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

He is healthy and ready to go. If he stays healthy and hasn't lost skills, we might have two good dual threat tight ends. That would be great in itself, and I bet he'll be pretty fired up when he gets in there after all this time.

7. swisher

swisher Old School

I'm personally rooting for the guy. After all he's gone through he deserves to make it this year.

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Should we start a BJ goes out on this date betting pool? Actually, for some reason, I have a feeling he makes it through the season. Heard he is ripped and looking good. Just hope he can stay off the trainers table.

9. Texizgreat

Texizgreat Veteran

Come on Bennie i know you can do it....... :superman:

10. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

How was Joppru's blocking? I know everyone is excited about Putzier, but he is not a very good blocker. If Joppru is fully healthy, its gonna be fun times for Carr, going from no receiving TE's to 2!

11. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

I still stand by my estimation that I could see Bigfoot, Before I see Bennie Joppru on sundays. :ouch: Its just the luck of this franchise, Last year we had the chance at Alex Smith but we passed with the hopes of Joppru finally getting out there only to tear his ACL while running a route. and ripped isnt neccasarily a good thing, especially if your tendons are weak. I just have a feeling if he survived preseason, that hed be struck by lightening during the coin toss on opening day. I hope I am wrong and the guy is just a monster.

TEXANRED likes this.
  12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Hate to burst anyone's bubble but I have played more football in the last four years than he has. What is he, 25-26? Hasen't been hit since college much less the NFL.

If he is lucky he sees the field 20-30 times, thats if he stays healthy, and then goes to NFL europe for the summer.

Not trying to be negative. I have been waiting for four years like the rest of you. I just don't see how he is even going be a roll player over the next few years, much much less a major player.

But hey I have been wrong before, I thought we would go 12-4 last year.:rolleyes:

13. big homey

big homey Veteran

I bet Bennie was just waiting for Capers & Co. to get thrown out of town before he all of a sudden gets healthy...:stirpot:

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

He had the #1 TE spot locked up in the pre-season. You know the rest.

The main page had a story on him and how he dealt with being injured his first three years in the league. He said his only joy came from catching passes from Ragone. Eventually, Ragone stopped responding to Joppru and the coaches were the only ones throwing him passes. It was so sad...:crying:

15. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Joppru is gonna come into this season healthy and ready to go, Carr will throw him that first pass to get him into the rhythm, and he will explode (physically, like "bam").

At least I think.

16. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

He is suppose to be an excellent blocker and that's why they wanted him so bad. He has excellent hands and good blocking skills. He is the complete package if healthy.......

17. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Considering his status the last three years, thats a pretty big IF.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I heard he has bulked up for Spring Break and looking forward to Spring Fling.

C'mon BJ, we need to see you on the field as much as you want to be on the field.

19. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

I remember some article I read that said that Capers and co had horrible overdone training techniques and schedules which led to game fatigue (hence end of game team collapses) and player injuries. I think that what might of led to the Joppru injuries in practice. I think he will make it this season...

20. swisher

swisher Old School

C'mon Bennie!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!

:wherewill

[​IMG]