Anyone else like the Texans EVEN MORE??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by rockabilly, Dec 16, 2006.

1. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

You know....obviously, emotionally, last weeks loss was probably the worst in franchise history. I see ALOT of people jumping ship on our Texans.

This loss had an opposite effect on me. I think that loss made me want to stick up for my team EVEN MORE.

It's like watching your little brother get beat up. You want nothing more than to protect that little brother and you will stand by them for whatever it takes.

All I know is that today, I know for sure more than anytime, my blood is Battle Red. Anyone else find themselves caring about this team even more?

I also love the new rivalry. Now there is some real history to go on for our Texans Titans game from now on...makes the game that much more exciting.

dirty steve likes this.
  2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I hear you and feel the same way...

Although, I think the worst loss was to Cleveland at the end of the 2004 season. Thats when everything spiraled out of control... That chance to go 8-8 in our 3rd season and to lose, in that fashion (heads handed to us)resulted in last season going 2-14, and things drastically deteriorating from there....

3. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...if you're so 'euphoric' now, just think how you'll be when we actually win...hope you're able to handle it...good luck

...me,personally? I'm tired of posters that expect me to be satisfied losing. We are no longer an expansion team...just keeping the score close, so we can lose is not my idea of a team that I dream about...

It's not that we can't win many more games--instead, we are on our 2nd HC that finds personal satisfaction in just being 'in' the game--ala 'coaching not to lose....'

...for me, I find 'no comfort' in a coach that won't try 'things' because he doesn't believe they'll work...how can you build a persons confidence when you won't challenge them and give them the 'experience' they need....to succeed...and,look, if they can not do it--show them the door and get someone who can....

4. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Translation: I am a loser.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

There is passion involved with being a football fanatic. We are all human, so we can not escape it to some degree or another. Fans have an emotional investment in a team, so their moods and attitudes go as the team goes.

When we win, it's euphoric and happyland. Lose, and it brings out the negativity. As long as this emotional roller coaster ride doesn't kill love the for team, then we can keep renewing our hope with every new season. It's just part of being a fan.

6. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

simple, but funny...and to answer the question...No......it's almost been a week since "the run" and I'm still disgusted at the way this team has been ran.

7. Texan_Bill

Don't recall reading anyone saying that the were satisified from losing and it would be ludicrous to do so... However, when it does turn around it will be that much sweeter for those of us that voice our opinions when dis-satisfied, but also support OUR team here in HOUSTOn, especially after going through 7 miserable years without team... So eat sour grapes now, if you must. I just hope there is room for you when you decide to jump on the bandwagon...

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Nice one. I was thinking the same thing. I remember how horrible Mark Malone was when he played for the Steelers. He used to come off the field after an interception with a smile on his face. Show me someone who is ok with losing and I'll show you a loser.

9. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...reading comprehension is not one of your strong points...saying what other posters did not say is...

10. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i understand what you're talking about, team pride, loyalty, etc. but no. no, i'm angry at the texans. the way we lost sucks and is inexcusable.

11. phan1

phan1 All Pro

Losing does not make me love my team more... But winning does not make me love my team more either. ;) I will ALWAYS be a Houston Texan through and through, whether we're winning or losing. Winning nor losing changes my loyalty as a Houston texans fan.

But that being said, am I completely miserable that we aren't winning games. My Sunday is mostly spent on 1) watching the Houston Texans and 2) trying to sleep off the sick feeling in my stomache every time we lose a game.

12. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I hope you have the Pepto Bismol ready for tomorrow's game.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

don't laugh at me, but i think we have a chance to squeak this one past the patriots.

okay. go ahead and laugh.

14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Guess I am lucky since I now live in Austin, Tennessee. I won't be subjected to the next Texans debacle.

15. Texan_Bill

:confused: Example please.... Because if I am wrong about something I will 'fess up... so exactly what are you talking about?? :confused:

16. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

count your blessings.

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

People seem to forget how unbelievably horrible we were last year. 2-14 people...

18. Texan_Bill

Sorry there... we needed to go from 2-14 to 14-2 this year.... j/k

19. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

we're not much better this season.

20. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Of course we are. We actually beat a successful team this year.