Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFight, Oct 25, 2010.

1. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

I really don't want to be Debbie Downer or jinx the team in anyway but after watching as many AFC games as I could on Sunday Ticket yesterday, I just have the sinking feeling that the wheels are going to come off.

What pisses me off the most is that the ****ing Titans, the team I hate the most, looks like the team to beat in this division. I am about to throw up in my mouth. They beat the NY Giants a team that raped us at home and are undefeated against the NFC East. They have the type of defense that gives us fits.

Losing to the Titans at home on Monday night last year did a number on me. I am a Horn and having the whole VY thing come up again makes me sick to my stomach.

I'd feel more confident if our defense was merely below average rather than one of the worst defenses I have seen in 20+ years as an NFL fan.

2. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

You can't compare the Titans versus the Giants versus us. That never works, teams all match up differently, besides we never showed up anyway.

As far as the season goes I think it is what it is. This team is so unpredictable they could run the table and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

We have no choice but to take this team one game at a time, so don't go buying playoff tickets yet, but hey you never know.

If we take the Colts on Monday that will go a long way to shore up this teams confidence.

Remember last year the D sucked and then became respectable, we might get lucky again this year. The O has always been a little sluggish.

3. SrslySirius

SrslySirius Veteran

Awww, can we please? Pretty please?

Denver > Tennessee
    Oakland > Denver (59-14, lol)
    Houston > Oakland

Therefore...

Houston > Tennessee by at least 60 points per game.

eriadoc and BSofA04 like this.
  4. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Texans Fans: Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Jeff S. likes this.
  5. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

i'm kinda worried myself.

6. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I like this reasoning. Super Bowl here we come!!

7. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

OK. We are 4-2 right now, and thus far have had the worst defense in the NFL. Our guys are young and can only get better, even if it is only slightly better. We have dealt with injuries and suspensions, but have battled through it nicely. The Cush and Duane Brown are back, and hopefully Bentley, Adibi and Sharpton are back too.

I have the oddest feeling that DeMeco getting injured is going to fire up this defense. I know, its stupid, but sometimes guys step up their game when a star guy goes down.

8. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

You must be thinking about the Cowboys (not the Texans)

9. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

One less fan to high-five when we smash indy again.

Peace out, Cubs fan.

10. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Watching all the games this week just made me think "any given Sunday" all day long. I mean come on, the moon, planets, stars, galaxies, and probably a few galaxy clusters had to align just right for the Faiders to put up 59 points on any team, ever.

The Titans looked terrible for 3 quarters and then suddenly went all Kubiak on the Eagles to close out the game. Both teams looked beatable to me.

The Texans are a momentum team so it's difficult to tell who they can beat or when they can beat them. If they get kicked in the face and have a boot on their neck they'll quit and mope. If they land a couple of shots you had better keep your guard up because they'll be landing the haymakers.

11. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Ummm, no.

It'll be a tough remaining schedule but I don't think the wheels are going to come off.

12. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

Or the NFL just has to issue sever fines with the threat of suspension following it, for 'illegal' hits. Which made alot of defense's play 'scared' football.

As for the 'bottem falling out' thought, no. I think we are doing better than I expected this year with wins. The difference between a win and a loss in the NFL is microfine splitting of hairs. Look at Dallas and Giants last night. Giants turned it over all night long. Which typically results in a loss. But they won it. We have had games in the past we should have won and we lost.

Whatever is going on with the Texans right now, we are finding ways to WIN. And I am going to enjoy the ride until the bitter end and not go around waiting for the 'other shoe to drop. Just a matter of perspective.

thunderkyss likes this.
  13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

If our D is unable to get better.....damn right I do

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

No!!

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The lone bright spot for out franchise this year.

& it's a good one.

16. False Start

False Start On # 69

My answer exactly. Lets just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks before we run around saying the sky is falling.

17. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

if we lose the next 3 games, then yes. But until then, we are still very much in it. These next 3 games all are very winnable, but also very dangerous. This will be the true test of where our team is at.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I don't think the bottom is dropping or that the sky is falling. I just see a challenge ahead and our team has to respond. Plain and simple. I'm not going to be scared of a team because their name is The Colts, Philly with Vick, and Titans or Chargers. I certainly don't want to root for a team that gets scared of that either. If there is one thing I can say about this team is that we can beat anybody on the schedule.

While people are saying that San Diego losing and Denver losing to Oakland and us beating Oakland doesn't mean anything. I would say it doesn't guarantee a win but it does show that anyone can beat anyone. That is why we will play the games.

Someone said that our defense getting fired up because of Demeco gone. I think it will present a problem for offenses because they don't have tape on Cushing playing MLB.

19. Andre_Johnson

Andre_Johnson Duck Fallas!

Our Defense can't get much worse in terms of yards allowed and points allowed per game. No bottoms are dropping anytime soon, and The Cush is stepping up to take over at MLB. I can't wait to see the outcome of this!

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

This is the position we've been in the last 2-3 years, going into November with a chance.

Then the bottom fell out.

I believe that is exactly what the OP is talking about.

DexmanC & THE NFL has been talking about this next stretch of games since before the season started. & it don't stop at 3.

@Indy (MNF)
    San Diego
    @ Jax
    @ Jets
    Titans
    @Philly
    Baltimore (MNF)
    @ Tennessee
    @ Denver
    Jax (Jan 2nd)

If we get to the play-offs after that, there should be no question about Kubiak's coaching prowess. Our current record against those teams is the truly horrifying part of the whole thing.

One game at a time.