Anybody Worried Our Good Talent We Do Have May Leave?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansR#1, Nov 8, 2005.

1. TexansR#1

TexansR#1 Rookie

Do yall think the talent we do have will ask for a trade becuase they dont want to be on a losing team anymore?

2. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

No because in the NFL it is so hard to trade a high profile players due to the salary cap and besides this year this team was going in the right direction.

If the higher ups on the organization stay with what they said 4 years ago about the 4 - 5 year plan then Capers will be fired and will have new coachs next year and a new start.

3. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

They said it was a 5 year plan. Not a 4 year plan. Not a 4-5 year plan. They said it was a 5 year plan from the very beginning.

And I hate to bring absolutely shocking unbearably bad news to the "Fire Capers" club, but . . . (make sure you're sitting down now, OK?) . . .

. . . next year is year 5.:thud: :shocked

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

haha, spilled my coffee again, damn you! :)

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

. . :D

6. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

But wait! As was previously stated somewhere on this board - year 1 was the year pre-play when Capers was coach, but just getting ready or whatever he was doing - doesn't that count? It works for me!

7. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Capers is gone. I am not part of the fire Capers or Casserly club, but due to the product put out on the field they will be let go. Casserly might be able to save his job, but not likely. I would not be suprised if Capers and his staff are gone and Casserly hangs on for two more years.

The only high profile trade that I can think of right now will be T.O. getting shipped to some desperate team. Maybe us.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The trading period is over and we won't pursue TO in any case. Bob McNair has already stated he doesn't want Men with poor character.

9. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Vinny dont get me wrong I dont want him, but as said by Jaws on ESPN. He will land with a desperate team, it just so happens that we are one of the deperate teams this year. Everyone knows the trading period ends Week 6 big man.

10. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

T.O. can't be traded until the offseason. They could release him but it looks like Philadelphia is going to pay him not to suit up after his 4 game suspension. Just like K. Johnson was treated with Tampa. If for some reason they do release him I am guessing he would get picked up by Green Bay or Miami. I hope the Texans wouldn't even consider him.

11. wags

wags Hall of Fame

I'm more worried that we have good talent sitting on the bench. Would anyone like to have Marlon McCree back right now? He only beat Thomas Davis out and is easily playing better than Coleman or Brown.

12. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

When you take a quantum leap backwards, timelines tend to lose years.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I never understood letting McCree go. He made some mistakes, but he played with fire--something sorely lacking at the FS position for the Texans.

14. texan0305

texan0305 Veteran

Who cares the good talent we have right now arent good enough anyways, the only good talent that i can see on this team are Dunta Robinson, and Andre Johnson, the defensive line has shown some life over the last 2 games, besides that the team stinks, The line backing core needs to be replaced, the secondary (with the exception of Robinson) needs to be over hauled, there safetys can't tackle, there offensive line---well we all know the problem there, so ya that sums it up....

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I do not think we all 22 starters could start on half of the other NFL teams. However, I do think we are beginning to see some serviceable back ups or package type guys which will translate into solid depth next year.

With a speculative change in the staff/front office it wil be interesting to see what type of free agency drag we will see from the new regime.

16. SteelBlueToro

SteelBlueToro Veteran

It will be interesting to see if the few talented players we have stick around during their free agency period if the team doesn't make any changes or begins to improve. Doesn't matter if it's year 4, 5 or 10...

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Just another in a long line of players we had under our nose and didn't evaluate well.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Who, exactly, is "they"? idonno:

I've asked Jeeves, searched on Google, and read countless stories from media types that perpetuate this mythical "5 year plan".

But, finding the words "5 year plan" from the mouths of Capers or Casserly has been elusive, at best.

See, year 5 doesn't magically just *happen*. Years 1-4 have a direct influence on what happens in year 5. Players, attitudes, personel decisions, salary cap management, etc., all effect the potential of the next year. I'm sure you already know these things.

Football teams do not operate in a vacuum. So I ask, what do you see on this 1-7 team - the Team That Dom Built - that directly leads to a WINNING season next year?

8-8 next year is NOT good enough to fulfill the 5 year plan destiny! We were almost a .500 team last year! :hmmm:

No magic dust, no voodoo rituals, no amount of positive fan karma....I'm asking what will it take for the rest of this season into next, to go from 1-7 to 9-7 (or better) next year? :confused:

19. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

The only players I would be really concerned with as far as wanting to leave are AJ, DRob, and maybe DD. But if a player wants to jump ship because of a couple of bad seasons instead of wanting to stay and build on the talented youth we DO have, I'm not sure if I would want them around anyway. I can understand with being frustrated with the last couple of seasons, but I am not too fond of just giving up.

20. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

that's why i respect players like , LT who no matter what he team goes thru you never hear anything about he wanting to be traded or anything like that.. That's a REAL gladiator right there..