Anybody think if we had hit Peyton...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jaayteetx, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

just like the Colts hit Schaub on that int, we would've gotten called for contact to the head? I'm quite sure of it.

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Two things:

1.) We were getting called for tons of penalties anyway. If the refs are out to screw you like that, at some point you have to get your money's worth, IMO.

2.) I'm very disappointed in Pollard on his first INT. He had an opportunity to truck Peyton and he didn't. I know he was thinking TD, and I'm honestly half joking, but I would have rather seen Pollard lay out Manning right there than score a TD.

3. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

hmmm so far Manning makes Texans his Bitches

maybe when he retires we can beat the colts LOL

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

haha, good point, screw the INT, just go for the kill right there... you might lose the ball but hey, they might lose The Manning :)

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'm talking about on the return. He already had the INT secured, and Manning came out to clog things up. Pollard cut back to avoid him instead of doing his best Tyler Rose impersonation.

6. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

We'll beat them handily at home in 3 weeks. I would not be surprised to see us go unbeaten the rest of the year. This team looked passionate today, and I think we were the better football team. I'm stopping short of calling this a "moral victory", but this team knows now they can beat anyone anywhere.

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

You do realize that Manning might be one of the best QBs of all time? He makes A LOT of teams looks silly. People used to say very similar things about Joe Montana too...

8. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

You guys are the missing the point of the thread, was there not contact to the head? At least a little? Enough so that if we would've come even remotely close to Peyton like that, out come the yellow hankies.

9. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Manning and Brady get that call even if there's not contact.

10. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Exactly! Kinda hard to beat teams when ya gotta treat em with kid gloves. Getting sick of the pansy rules in the nfl, I know they're trying to protect the players, but geez!

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

In answer to the thread title, yeah Peyton would get the call--but his accuracy might go all to *!(& too. :pop:

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I know I know, what I meant is that he should have risked losing the ball on the INT and smacked The Manning when he got in the way. Fumbling the INT right back would have been worth it if The Manning was on the sideline :)

13. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

what's funny is that peyton looks downright average when he is rushed. we failed to get good pressure on him when we needed to.

with that said, if you got him, you may as well tatoo him, 15 yards is worth it sometimes

14. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I think he definitely would have. I'm still hacked off myself about that unecessary roughness call on Wilson. Guy can't lay a good hit on a receiver and knock the ball loose? We gotta play 2-hand touch now?

15. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    That definitely would've been called if it was Peyton. No question about it, that LBer (Brackett?) came in above the shoulders and decked Matt Schaub. No call.

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

We made huge defensive stops in the second half, including a sack fumble. I'm pleased with every aspect of the defensive performance yesterday. I blame yesterday's loss on God, the offense, and the officiating... in that order!