Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Anybody remember Bradlee Van Pelt?

seems like a necessary evil if he wants to think about playing an NFL down... because he had to be one of the worst QB's i've ever seen at the professional level...

I never actually remember seeing him play. I never pay much attention to preseason though.

I remember a pre-season game a coupla years ago.

He rolled out to one side, and had a TE wide open only about ten yards ahead of him. BVP was under pressure from behind, but had plenty of time to make the throw.

He cocked, fired... and hit the turf about two yards in front of the receiver. LOL That is my lasting memory of the guy as a QB.

Best of luck to him as a safety. It would be a great story if he could make it work!

The one thing I remember about Bradlee is a game in college. He ran in the winning touchdown, turned around, and bounced it off the defenders helmet while falling back (no penalty either somehow). His attitude isn't normal for a QB, so I guess trying to return as a safety makes sense. I wish him the best of luck, although I doubt anything comes of his return. Kind of funny this is the second QB/FS we've had on the Texans (Jamal Lord being the other).

I remember when Carr through for negative net passing yards against the Raiders shortly after Sage broke his hand and was out for the season. The only other QB on the roster was Van Pelt.

Kubes made a good call keeping the negative net passer in... who knows how bad things could've gotten had we put Van Pelt in?!?!?!

Best of luck to the guy in whatever he does. I'm sure he's been running through all sorts of emotions since his father, a former NFL player, just passed away a couple of months ago.

I remember when Carr through for negative net passing yards against the Raiders shortly after Sage broke his hand and was out for the season. The only other QB on the roster was Van Pelt.

Kubes made a good call keeping the negative net passer in... who knows how bad things could've gotten had we put Van Pelt in?!?!?!

I wish he had put Van Pelt in. It would have been funny to see how much worse things could have gotten

Goodluck to Bradlee Van Pelt. It takes a certain amount of courage to make this kind of an extreme position switch. We had a qb who played safety for us, his name was Jammal Lord and that didn't work too well for the Texans or for him. According to his wiki page, he's the driver's ed teacher at his high school.

Back