anybody else hear that DD might hold out??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by keyfro, Jul 8, 2005.

1. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

clicked onto houstonchronicle.com and saw that on the justice/mcclain show they talked about how DD might hold out for a new contract...anyone know if there is any truth to this or is mcclain just blowing smoke up everyone's arses

2. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

IMO. DD isn't the type that holds out, at least not yet.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

That doesn't sound right at all. Why would he hold out, we already went to him and offered to negotiate a new contract and they wanted to hold off til a later date, didn't they?

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

He would be a fool to hold out. The Texans didn't take Morency because he looks cool with his helmet visor.

5. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

If he wants to hold out, maybe we can trade him for a better TE or Tackle?

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

they didn't!? I've got to go tell captian obvious! well, the texans have to renegotiate David and Domanick's contract. I suggest doing it the week the Texans suffer their only (i hope) loss of the season.

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Texans don't have to renegotiate either contract. Dom is a RFA not a UFA and David has a buy-out clause. Capt Obvious probably doesn't know that.

8. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Its best to renegotiate right now before Carr becomes the best QB in the greatest QB division of the AFC South ('cept Fat Albert of the cardiac cats). As for DD, its not hard to replace him, the Texans could just use the Broncos' RB system and use a hobo. But I don't want a holdout to happen cuz that really lowers morale and chemistry.

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

The issue right now is Carr playing up to the remainder of his contract, not him out-playing it. His cap hit for 2005 is $7.8 mil and for 2006 is $9.4 mil.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

That's why the Texans would look to renegotiate Carr's contract. To lower the cap number.

11. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

If everyone could just use the Broncos' RB system then running backs wouldn't be nearly as highly valued. It's harder to emulate their system than just instituting a new blocking scheme.

12. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

I had joined Domanick's website .. http://www.doubledtalk.com/

I haven't been there for a while, and thought there might be some current information, but now it seems a person needs to pay for a 'Touchdown' membership (the payment plan) to access everything.

13. Ghetto D

Ghetto D Rookie

I got the feeling from the audio segment that the Texans would sit down with DD, but he could get much more if he plays well this season. (They also mention Buchanan as being in the same boat.)

Aside from Morency, McClain insinuated that the Texans floated the Travis Henry rumor to keep DD in check a little.

There will be no hold out unless DD is Verba-stupid (i.e. grossly delusional, an a__ about it, and unwilling to be patient). DD seems to be the complete opposite.

14. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Holding out by any RB would quite dumb...Alexander, E. James, and Henry are all better than DomDavis (2 not even close) and can't get anyone to pay for them. I assume that Dom's agent is watching the market.

15. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Adam Sheftfield (sp) just reported on NFL Total Access that the Texans were very close to rewarding DD very nicely for all the hard work and good attitude he has shown both on and off the field.

16. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i hope so...while DD might not be the dominate runner that we think of in guys like alexander, edge, or even benson for that matter...davis has one thing he can hold over all of their heads...the ability to catch the ball...besides LT i don't think there is a better back in the reciever catagory...DD is a double threat at anytime...as much he deserves to get paid i think he should do it the honorable way...play this season out then talk to them about during our off-week...maybe get it done then...or at the end of the season...i know in pro sports honor isn't something that's held high but it would be nice to see that change

yes i believe players should honor the contracts they signed *cough TO cough*

and yes i believe managers should honor the contracts they sign players to...maybe if they signed them to more realistic contracts we wouldn't have to constantly see players redo their contracts and what not...i know it's a business and business always change but at some point it's just silly and that point is pretty close to being now...maybe not in the texans case but as the NFL as a whole it is

17. stephen1

stephen1 Veteran

d.d. shouldnt hold out, but i agree with T.O.'s holdout because he got a bad deal. then again, he signed it so its his mistake

18. jr0ck

jr0ck Veteran

that makes three of you: 1. TO 2. rosengouge and 3. YOU.

not comapny i would like to share, but to each his own...

back on topic, i hope DD doesn't hold out because my opinon of him would change dramatically (which will really get him worried, but i have standards too dammit!...). but after i saw his website, the aforementioned doubledtalk.com, it gave me a bad feeling so i wouldn't be totally surprised....please don't do it DD!!!

....come on season, come on season...

19. Waltman

Waltman Rookie

I'm pretty sure the Texans will have DD in the back field this season and a happy DD at that. He is my boy and I know the Texans will do what it takes to keep him (reasonably) but I think DD know he can easily be replaced.

20. Waltman

Waltman Rookie

Besides the two people who we do not want to leave are A.J. and Carr. But it is a team sport. Fact of the matter we forget it is a business also, but I would hate to see DD go if he do.