Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Any1 else think we should trade our 3rd round picks..

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
the reason i say this is alot of really good players will probably be taken at the bottom of the 2nd round-players that would be very suitable for us-but teams at the tail of round 2 are likely to take,players like colledge(zone blocking OT-denver),davin joseph(zone blocking G-denver/hawks), KO/Bullocks(FS-denver/steelers/panthers/bears), marshall(cb-bears)

there will still be good players at the top of the 3rd but if we traded #65 and #66 with KC/Bengals/Giants for 54/55/56 + 85/86/87,we could take a player that suits us that we are unlikely to get @#65. and we'd get somebody decent later in the 3rd

if it was me- id do it, if 1 of the team agree to it. we'd get slightly less than the draft value chart(10-20 points) but i could live with that :twocents:

What do you think???

I think we're in great shape right where we are. 22 days and counting. WOO HOO!

I'm particularly intrigued to find out who we steal at #33.

I have to join in with those that are saying stay put. This is a deep draft and some quality will come right to us.

Let's just take what we have and get the most we can out of the draft. If we can trade for a pro-bowler than heck ya let's give them one of our 3rd rounders if not a lower draft pick, but other than that we should just stay put and do our best with the picks we have in the draft.

A possible trade of our second third round pick and a pick next year or later in the draft could easily yeild some interesting things. Especially if we could get another team with two third rounders to bite for our top one. That could give us three third rounders. I truly believe that the third round will yeild a decent amount of starters this year and more than likely 3 high end type players.

Our team still lacks depth in some aspects. I feel that if we were to trade those two picks and only get a 2nd rounder would take away from a much needed extra body we can get with that extra 3rd round pick. I would package my 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick and try to move up, but that would seem unlikely to happen.

The Dude Abides said:
Our team still lacks depth in some aspects. I feel that if we were to trade those two picks and only get a 2nd rounder would take away from a much needed extra body we can get with that extra 3rd round pick. I would package my 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick and try to move up, but that would seem unlikely to happen.

sorry if i didnt make it clear:

we'd give up the 1st and 2nd pick of the third round for a mid-late 2nd rounder AND a mid-late 3rd rounder from the same team.

we wouldnt lose a pick- its just that the picks would be more spread out and we'd have a better chance of landing 1 of the players i think would start for us day 1(in round 2)

Maddict5 said:
we'd give up the 1st and 2nd pick of the third round for a mid-late 2nd rounder AND a mid-late 3rd rounder from the same team.
I might be a good idea, considering how high up that player is on your draft board. Sitting here in early April, it's difficult to know how that part of the draft will play out. But if there is a tackle, guard, corner, or free safety that could step in and play, why not? The Texans would still have the same number of picks.

If any kinda deal like this goes happens, it would probably be a draft day deal b/c some1 the FO really liked lasted to the mid-late second round. Other than that, i'd like us to stand w/ wut we got and take the BPA's.

No, currently we have 1,33,65,66,98,170, & 251. We could potentially get FOUR stud players within the first three rounds. We need depth along the O-line, secondary help, and a MLB. :twocents:

Back