Any of you gonna admit to owing DW4 an apology?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Texas Jake

Texas Jake All Pro

My point was you can bring up stats to argue either side and it really doesn't prove anything that is relevant.

steelbtexan and JB like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

What was the positive of that regime?

Certainly not true contenders during that time. Hopefully Gaine and BOB can change that. Arguably it's already already happened in year one. I think even you would admit the culture down on Kiby is changing.

CWTexansFan, Texas Jake and JB like this.
  3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

He's working on an 11-1 stretch.

Like I said before Kubiak did a his best job ever coaching that team that yr.

BTW, Schaub played in the playoffs that yr. How many games did he miss that yr?

4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Watson appears to be healthy again and that makes the Texans a very dangerous team. I cant wait to see how Gaine fixes the OL this offseason. Hopefully Watson can stay healthy behind this OL.

Texas Jake likes this.
  5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

For the most part I concur with your assessment of the Kubiak years. But on the one hand you mention all the talent Kubiak left BO'b. O. The other hand you mention the Super Bowl with Osweiler... Manning.

I mean you also mention Case led the Vikings to the NFCCG.

doesn't that scream under achievement in H-town?

steelbtexan likes this.
  6. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

Wrong!!! Matt did get injured and started playing like ****. Know your history before taking a crap on mines. And I didn't say anything about him missing any games. Just said he got injured

7. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

What injury was this? I don't recall

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Which is why I don't understand why folks say Schaub was Kubiak's hand picked QB. He was as much Kubiak's hand picked QB as Osweiler was BO'bs.

Yeah, they both agreed to the acquisition. The best option on the market. Only difference is that Kubiak did his job, adjusted, & coached the talent he was given like any good HC who isn't in charge of acquiring players.

BO'b pouted & tried to throw a bigger tantrum than big baby Osweiler.

76Texan, Uncle Rico and santo like this.
  9. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I know you like to be controversial and stir the pot but c'mon man

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I'll agree BO'bs a better HC than OC.

11. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

hmmm here is a break down of the Texans injuries in 2012, It shows Schaub having a probable designation for weeks 3 and 4, and then remained off the injury report the rest of the year. He also posted the 3rd best season of his career that year. The team didn't under achieve because of Schaub, the team under achieved because they were paper tigers and Kubiak could never get them to play up to the top talent in the league.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2012_injuries.htm

Mr teX and steelbtexan like this.
  12. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

You're entitled to your opinion, interesting story about your boss, only difference being your boss had incentives to 'come back' ... Kubiak did not; he had guranteed money no matter what and he still worked 18 hour days, and then you have Bill Obrien getting a 5 year extension after a 4-12 season? Lame.

My frustration with the topic is the redundancy in cherry picked data and revisionist history. You're jumping into the fray after people have already reached their boiling point (myself definitely) and im fine letting it die .. as long as those Obrien supporters dont rehash it with some stupid comment or comparison between the two because there is no comparison. Gary Kubiak is by far a better coach than Bill Obrien BY FAR NOT EVEN CLOSE end of story there is no debating that, it would serve the pro Obrien crowd good to at the very least recognize that so the very premise of the argument can be agreed to and we can move on. I will always jump up to defend Koobs. Great guy, great coach and he deserved better. Thats my opinion. Gary Kubiak himself proved all the doubters wrong. His thumbprint left the Houston TExans and Baltimore RAvens in good offensive shape until they were torn down for 'better systems' and then he won it all in Denver with the same coaching staff he had in Houston what more can you ask for?

Obrien has a chance. I hate his coaching style, but I cant argue with results. Problem has been we have been rewarding this guy for being mediocre and breaking down Kubiak for being just as mediocre? Im passionate about this subject because Kubiak embodies everything I want in a coach and I despise Obriens snide remarks, how he treats the media, how he treats other coaches and players. He's a fake tough guy. Some people like that, i dont and nobody can make me feel otherwise. Good for Obrien, he's finally winning. You cant argue with results so he gets a pass from me until further notice, but you bet your ass that as soon as he starts making the same stupid ass mistakes and ridiculous in game coaching errors I'll be leading the burning torch and pitchfork posse up the hill.

After all the back and forth squabbaling, and dick measuring and 'my dad can beat up your dad' posts NOBODY has definitively stated Obriens strengths LOL .. maybe since you are feeling pretty strongly you could begin that dialogue so we could create a productive and civil conversation.

WHAT IS OBRIEN GOOD AT???

76Texan likes this.
  13. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

Apparently he is good at turning an 0-3 season into a winning season with a possible deep playoff run

Mr teX and DX-TEX like this.
  14. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

LOL .. bless your heart.

santo and thunderkyss like this.
  15. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

Lol I live in Texas to, I know what bless your heart really means ;)

Dutchrudder and CWTexansFan like this.
  16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I liked Kubiak personally great guy, avg coach. As far as BOB and how he treats the media I dont care anything about that. (Ask a stupid question an you get treated not well. Which HC does that remind you of?) As for how he treats his players well they did start out 0-3 and he kept the team together. They respect him and play hard for him. That's his greatest strength. He's done a great job winning games despite obvious weaknesses on this roster.

Now that he's got a GM with the same vision as him good times are ahead. Instead of looking at all of the negatives just look at the positives that the Gaine/BOB regime has accomplished this yr in fixing the roster and the fact they did this with no 1st/2nd rd picks speaks well of what they should be able to accomplish in the future.

Since you personally dont like BOB I'm sure you will not be fair and calling for his head after every loss and there will be losses. But know this, good times are ahead.

Carr Bombed, frethack, Mr teX and 2 others like this.
  17. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

He's good at masking a below average offensive line. He has the respect of his players. He's very good at second half adjustments in both the game and the year. He's good at working with his coaches. He's develops QBs well (objectively they've all had their best seasons after coaching from O'Brien.)

CWTexansFan, frethack, Mr teX and 3 others like this.
  18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Cant wait to hear from the mob.

JB likes this.
  19. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

That one maybe a bit of a stretch, yes on one hand they did have their best seasons but on the other hand...........Tom Savage and Ryan Mallet say hi. Also on that note he has a bad habit of yanking his QB and switching starters week to week. Now in fairness that could be just throwing everything at the wall and praying something sticks but still. Even the best argument, Hoyer, ended up curled into a fetal position in the middle of the field when it mattered. Perhaps its better to say he good at refining QBs that are already talented and making them franchise QBs but not so good at picking QBs or turning chicken **** into chicken salad.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  20. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

No, Bill O'Brien is not magic.

Also, to be fair, Osweiler had his worst season under O'Brien, so there's that. But on the whole they all improved their game despite many seasons among the group elsewhere.

Mr teX and JB like this.