Any of you gonna admit to owing DW4 an apology?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 1, 2018.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Put me back on ignore then.

BTW, I like the job Gaine did adding talent to the ST's and hiring Seely. Also adding the best safety play since this franchises inception. I also like that he drafted the 2 young and talented TE's I'm really high on Jordan Thomas. Also the Coutee/Carter slot WR's are the best that have been provided to BOB since he's been here.

Also despite what you think I like the job BOB has done now that the Ricky albatross has been lifted from his neck.

Feel free to disagree with me but dont think everything I put out there is negative. I think that this team will be a true (Not paper tiger) championship contender after Gaine fixes the OL this offseason. (How's that for optimism.)

It must be killing you that despite Ricky, BOB has accomplished as much as Kubiak did in his time here.

BTW, it's good to see you monitoring my posting habits. I must be really hard for you to ignore.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

One of you guys needs to start a Kubiak vs OB thread so this one can get back to the stupid apology crap

Texas Jake, steelbtexan and santo like this.
  3. Texas Jake

Texas Jake All Pro

BOB 9 game winning streak. Kubiak never had a nine game winning streak as a head coach.

Kubiak 11 game losing streak. BOB never been part of an 11 game losing streak.

Honestly I am really tired of all this Kubiak vs BOB talk. Kubiak is gone and is never coming back. BOB is who we got now. Both are good coaches. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Neither is perfect.

4. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

^^^^
    This

Though you would never think they BOTH have strengths and weaknesses.

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Though shall not speak ill of Kubiak around these parts must be a TT commandment.

Yep, I'll be apologizing to players the minute they start depositing checks into my account.

6. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Nah, I'm the one who gets defensive and repetitive, best that I take the hint and step away for a bit. For a final word I was enjoying the streak and am on record actually saying quite a few nice things about O'dumbass lol.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  7. Texas Jake

Texas Jake All Pro

FIFY

steelbtexan likes this.
  8. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

These two things have to be tied together because losing those two picks was the cost of getting Watson. If we can get an O line that can actually keep him healthy it was picks well spent. Say what you want about what Rick Smith did or did not leave Gaine and BoB with but one thing he did leave them with is possibly the best QB we've had in franchise history. That alone to me earns him some respect as this is still a QB driven sport and getting a franchise QB should be how GM legacy's are mainly judged in my book. Very rarely do you see a team go all the way on the defense or running game and never see it repeated the following year.

I give credit to BoB for turning around what seemed to be a lost cause but I also give credit to Smith for giving him many of the tools needed, including the best one in Watson, to turn that around. Even the greatest coaches can't win without at least some talent on the field and most of that talent Smith put there.

9. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

This is such an asinine statement. Kubiak didn't "almost died for the team" he was doing his job and he wanted to finish it. I worked a turn around and right in the middle of it the project manager had a heart attack in the damn unit. They airlifted him out and a week later he came back to finish the project and then retire. He wasn't willing to die for the company he wanted to finish his career out his way and get that big end of project bonus check.

Kubiak wasn't some John Wayne never give up, die with your boots on man's man, he was simply a man doing his job and wanted to see it through now that he was on the edge of getting the ultimate prize. Sure the check he no doubt got for winning a SB didn't hurt either. he was a good coach and seemed a pretty good fellow but lets not start building statues to him.

Mr teX and steelbtexan like this.
  10. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Mathematically Possible

If they are fighting to the death - I'm taking OB, I don't picture Kube's as much of a fighter - and more than likely OB would just keep shouting F*CK until Kube's passed out from the profanity overload :D

CWTexansFan likes this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Getting rid of Os cost the 2nd. (Stupidity at its best.)

He left so much. Nothing at TE/S the OL still is bad, no slot WR and I guess you like Miller/Blue.

Not to mention 11 yrs of bad ST's play that was finally fixed in the 1st season without Smith.

Maybe we just have a different view of (Great Shape.)

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Very reasonable post.

13. Texansballer74

Texansballer74 Hall of Fame

You know the reason why they went 2-14. I really don't understand why yall keep spewing out the negatives but refuses to acknowledge the positives. And if you're going to continue to do this for one regime, you have to do it for the other as well. But no the later regime gets a pass for going 4-12 huh.

14. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

moving on... how about that Watson kid?

15. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

Mr. Watson, TT owes you an apology for derailing this thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

JB and Shishkabob like this.
  16. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

The real question is how does any of this apply to Deshaun Watson?

JB likes this.
  17. Texansballer74

During the 2012 season we went 11-1. Was one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Finish 12-4 because of the injury to Matt Schaub.

Going 9-0 is very impressive but 11-1 is too. And you can say the same for Obrien right. He never went 11-1 in the teams first 12 games.

And yes this argument is getting very old.

18. Texansballer74

Every topic gets derailed so please don't jump on me for it. It happens on every sports blog/forum

TexansBull likes this.
  19. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

can i jump on you for not knowing your Texan's history? Schuab was injured in 2011, he played all of 2012 the team just choked down the stretch.

Now can we get back on topic?

frethack, steelbtexan, Mr teX and 3 others like this.
  20. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

This thread started out as crap and hasn’t changed.

When will the mods lock it up so it can go away?

There are better threads to post Watson material in.