Any of you gonna admit to owing DW4 an apology?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Mangler, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Must've done something right the previous two years, I wonder what changed. Since you never offer any sort of diagnosis to ... well anything*, how about you give it a shot.

*This guy sucks after bad things happen, not much of an opinion. Kinda your shtick though.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  2. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

https://houston.cbslocal.com/2016/1...anagement-issues-in-third-year-as-head-coach/

https://houston.cbslocal.com/2017/09/25/obrien-game-management-mistakes-cost-the-texans-again/

"Thank you Vance you stupid ************" ... "Yea Brian, we won a game, Is that OK Brian"

Thats your coach. My coach almost died for the team on the sidelines, what has yours done?

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I dont want to make every thread about Ricky. It's really on Kubiak because even though Ricky wasn't very good at his job, he was Kubiak's handpicked guy. I noticed how you glossed over this and the part of Scooter's Kubiak lovefest by me pointing out Kubiak finished 2-14 with his handpicked GM and all of this supposed talent Kubiak and BOB had.

This just in, the talent wasn't that great. 2-14 kind proves my point. Either Kubiak did a lousy job or the talent wasn't that great. Which one was it IYHO?

Mr teX likes this.
  4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Or (I know it goes against your narrative) as has been pointed out ad nauseum and linked to multiple times the case specific instances of that season and just how bad the luck fell for the Texans that year. This year? The Texans are being blessed with probably their most lucky season yet. Or would you argue that too? We can break down the 2013 season game by game and point out all those instances that you attribute to bad talent or GM .. I mean have you even looked at the injury report for that year?

5. Scooter

Scooter Funky

That's weird when you've also acknowledged that Smith stopped being "Kubiak's GM and was "Cal's Godfather'" causing a rift. You've acknowledged everything that I've posted among the timeline. You've acknowledged every move and bit of history that I post. NEVER offering your own of course (just the wet fart 2-14).

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

1st of all, BOB isn't my coach.

2nd of all if it takes stroking out on the sideline to prove you've done something, then I hope BOB never accomplishes your goals of him being as good as Kubiak.

3rd of all BOB has accomplished the same amount of success with Kubiak's GM who he cant stand. Then BOB gets his GM and sets a franchise record winning streak and that's not good enough for you. Plus when you add in the fact that Kubiak's GM left Gaine/BOB no 1st/2nd rd picks, I happen to think BOB has done a great job of keeping the team together and overcoming an 0-3 start. Most of which was Watson coming back from ACL and BOB's own doing.

You cant even appreciate the 9 game win streak that was accomplished by BOB's team when Watson was playing with broken ribs and a punctured lung.

It's a tough crowd here on TT. Or maybe their blind love of all things Kubiak has clouded their vision.

Mr teX, CWTexansFan and Texas Jake like this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I agree the Texans have been lucky this yr. But breaking down the 2-14 season to it was just bad luck is either, intellectually dishonest or a flat out lazy way to look at things

Mr teX and Texas Jake like this.
  8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

You know my feelings.

Kubiak brought Smith here and suffered the consequences of that decision. So tell me that 2-14 season, did Kubiak do a bad job, or was the talent not that great?

We will have to agree to disagree.

9. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

No you're assuming that I cant appreciate a 9 game win streak which I am, and have given Bob his due, but I wont sit idly by while you guys disparage and discredit what Kubiak did for the team, and how poorly he was treated on his way out and paint Obrien as some coaching savant.

I mean how do you explain giving a guy who came off a 4-12 season himself an extension? Like I've said it doesnt matter .. Kubiak won a ring as a head coach 2 years removed from the TExans telling him he didnt have what it takes. I guess he did have what it took huh? SIMPLE. AS. THAT.

So when people stop talking down on Kubiak like he was the sole reason that the team imploded in 2013 then I'll stop defending him. Just like you guys defend anything Obrien gets criticized for. So this topic can ride off into the sunset and I'd be fine with it because facts tell a different story and even further OUTCOMES close the subject entirely. FINITO.

10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Nope, I've often said Kubiak's best coaching job in Houston was the 12-4 season. He got more out of that team than most HC's possibly could have.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Nope, I've often said Kubiak's best coaching job in Houston was the 12-4 season. He got more out of that team than most HC's possibly could have.

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I'm not disparaging Kubiak or do I think BOB is a coaching savant.

To answer your questions.

1. He was extended and Ricky was fired because Ricky wasn't very good at his job.
    2. Ricky not giving Kubiak the depth that he needed and or focusing on fixing things like the ST's and safety play along with his backstabbing lead to Kubiak's demise in Houston. Dont believe me then why do you think one of Kubiak's relatives on the board refers to Smith as Trick Ricky?

I answered you questions so now you answer mine, was it

1. Kubiak did a bad job with all of the talent that Scooter listed.
    2. The talent was aging and wasn't as good as Scooter makes it out to be.

See: here's the thing I like both Kubiak and BOB but think they both are just avg HC's.

Kubiak was treated far more badly by Ricky than anything I could post on this MB.

13. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Lol no, this may actually be the first time you've even acknowledged the fact that we went 12-4.

I drink a LOT, but either you're just a troll or your memory is impossibly worse than mine. Seriously, your posts contradict so much it's hard to keep track of. "Offensive line ... hate Kubiak, Smith, McNair". I'm a little worried if that's all you remember and post current thoughts as they come.

ObsiWan likes this.
  14. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This is the best you can do?

LOL

15. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Sadly it is, you make my brain hurt. I've put you on ignore several times because of said contradictions and predictable posts without ever having substance - no why, no history, no diagnostic, no football ... just "I don't like" with a bit of college "I want". If you didn't post so dang often, it would keep.

16. edromeo

edromeo All Pro

I miss my good buddy, lol.

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. edromeo

edromeo All Pro

That's always been a strength of Watson going back to Clemson. Getting rid of the ball quickly and escaping sacks.

18. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

so when are we going to change the title of this thread to 'Celebrity Death Match Head Coach Edition: Gary Kubiak vs. Bill O'Brien'?

19. Texas Jake

Texas Jake All Pro

There are times he tries to extend plays he should give up on and just get rid of the ball. I would like to see him get better at knowing when to to throw it away and that should improve as he gets more experience.

That said, I don't think he he should fundamentally change the way he is playing. Not giving up and extending plays is a big part of what makes him great. One area he does need to improve, though, is knowing when trying to extend the play is a bad thing—like when there aren't many ticks left on the clock and each one is precious.

Max and JB like this.
  20. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Was literally thinking about Celebrity Death Match yesterday. LET'S GET IT ON!

One has 5 rings and surrounded by hall of famers. The other couldn't even get a ring surrounded by hall of famers. Should be a quick match.

santo likes this.