Any news on Slaton?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big Lou, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Any news on Slaton? I know he had that hamstring issue, but haven't heard any updates at all. Was hoping to see him against the 49er's, but guess that isn't gonna happen.

Sure would like to stash Obeyeheyeahaj or whatever his name is on the PS, and keep Slaton so we can trade him, but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.

I hated to start a new thread for this, but there hasn't been anything on the board about #20 for over two weeks.

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

He's still hamstrung.:kubepalm:

3. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

and ate up with fumbleitis...We could trade him, bit it would cost us 2 seconds.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Thought I saw a post that Slaton had not fumbled in over 50 carries?

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

wow...really?

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Not sure. 19 carries no fumbles 2010, but 7 in 2009 with 5 lost but cannot find last one or game break down.

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

Yeah, Slaton is a small town just to the east of Lubbock, TX.

There used to be a Pinkie's Beer store on the road from Lubbock to Slaton, and they had killer fried chicken gizzards and livers, and the BBQ sauce was liquid crack. Too bad it burned down, it was the best thing about going to Slaton.

Oh, wait. STEVE Slaton? I have no freakin' clue. Maybe he moved to Slaton.

Did Slaton give us anything in return for Steve Slaton...if he DID go to Slaton? Damn sure won't be getting any gizzards for him, I can tell you that much. Dammit.

EDIT: DocBar's comment is the best one in this thread, btw. Very LOL-worthy.

8. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

Per Rotoworld:

9. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Trading Slaton sure would have been nice but RB's have been devalued alot in the last few years and I think he gets cut because he just can't stay healthy.

10. IBleedTexans

IBleedTexans Superbowl Bound

I think releasing Slaton will be a big mistake !!!!! I understand we have 3 other backs that will see the field , but I believe he'll be back to 2008 form . I just know when he gets picked
    Up by another team , he will be their feAture back racking up 1100 yards......... Well maybe that's just my homerism . I stiLl think he'll have a good year.

Just my 2 cents

11. CloakNNNdagger

My feeling is that if the Texans feel that he has a decent chance to return to practice by the 1st regular season game, they will make the decision to keep him rather that waive him.

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If they do that, they either have to keep four RBs, or let Ward go. I think they keep Ward over Slaton IMO. I know I would. If they keep him, he probably won't see much time as a RB, but rather returning and recieving duties. Have they ever used Slaton as a kick/punt returner? I can't remember.

13. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

He was our KR last year. And he was not very good. Which kinda surprised me with his fumble issues.

Betting that if it comes down to keepin' a DE or LB or an extra RB, they go with the defensive guy.

14. CloakNNNdagger

I think Thorn was being sarcastic.

15. CloakNNNdagger

If he is healthy, they may want to keep him for any number of reasons including "RB injury insurance" and even trade possibilities (trade deadline not until Oct. 19).

16. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

The 4th preseason game will determine Slaton's fate. If he plays and does something, maybe he makes it.

But if he doesn't play, or if he fumbles it . . :cutthroat:

17. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Ah, shoulda caught that. BFS or Brain Fart Syndrome is a silent disease that affects many of us seniors that precludes the onset of CRS. We are hopeful that a bunch of elderly celebrity's will get together for a benefit for BFS but doubt that will happen because they all have.....uh, CRS......I think.

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

What little brain power I have left, I seem to expend it here. Which is a shame, because I really need to get my spaceship fixed so I can leave.

19. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Steve Slaton went to Slaton and bought some fried chicken gizzards and BBQ sauce. Eric Winston and Mike Brisiel were there and Slaton (the guy, not the town) closed his eyes and ran into their backs. Then he promptly fumbled the BBQ sauce which flipped through the air. Glover Quin panicked and knocked it down but he knocked it down into the eyes of the line cooks behind the counter. They dropped their towels into the deep fryers which started the fire that burned Pinkie's down.

As he was running away, he pulled his hamstring and promptly stepped out of bounds at the one. KJ was running away and fell down.

False Start and GuerillaBlack like this.
  20. GP

GP Go Texans!

That probably DID happen. I'll notify Lubbock County Sheriff's Office and give them your hot tip. Cold case just warmed up.

That BBQ sauce was really, really good. You could dip a cat turd in it and make that turd taste like pork ribs from Jack Stack in Kansas City, MO.