Any news on Kareem Jackson?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DocBar, Aug 6, 2010.

1. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I can't find anything out about this guy. Is he doing good? Bad? Indifferent? I've seen more written about our 3rd string qb than our supposed starting rookie CB. Is this good? I dunno. I'm thinking that he's struggling a but and the team is keeping it under wraps so he doesn't get a lot of bad press. I really don't see any other way to take the lack of info. Any one have news on this?

2. Rey

Rey Guest

What I saw at camp and what some others have reported has generally been that he has looked bad (like a rookie is probably more appropriate) at times and has looked good at other times. He's mostly going against AJ though so its kind of to be expected that he not look like a world beater in practice.

I will note that I saw him get beat by more than just AJ when I was out there though. Of course Pollard was letting him hear about it...

We will be able to tell more when pre-season games start though...It's hard to tell a whole lot from practice

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Read through the training camp thread. There are plenty of opinions in there.

4. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Getting whooped like a Grand Canyon mule in training camp by Andre is NOT a bad thing for Kareem, in fact its a great thing. Its like why baseball players swing a bat with the heavy donut on it before taking an at-bat. When you take that donut off the bat feels like a feather and you're ready to hit anything thrown at you. He'll be ready for any wide out after a whole camp of covering Andre.

5. gary

gary Hall of Fame

He seems to be good against the run and tackles well meh in coverage thus for it sounds like Dunte to me but it's too early to tell yet.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

flashback to last training camp, did anyone expect Glover Quinn to finish his rookie season like he did?

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Exactly and some guys just play better in games. A CB rookie will be like a spinning top for maybe up to a year. If Kubes trots out someone else across from Quin in game 2 we will know a whole lot more about Jackson. TC and practice does not tell all.

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

If he turns out to be a Dunte clone minus the the trouble then I'd be content.

9. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I've heard less than stellar reviews, but I'll wait until I see him in preseason before I make a judgment based off of practice and going one on one with the best WR in the league.

Showtime100 likes this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

I'm gonna be watching him like a hawk tomorrow in practice. I'll try to see what a week of training camp has done for him. When i saw him last saturday it was only his 2nd NFL practice.

11. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I second that Gary.

12. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

It has to be tough for a rookie DB to have to line up across from Andre..lol. It will make it that much easier when he lines up against most WRs in the league because Dre is so big , fast and strong. I know we didn't go wrong with Jackson......we haven't drafted a slug from the Crimson Tide yet.

13. Sluggo

Sluggo Rookie

Nice. Unique analogy.

Heard Kareem blew up Eric Winston on a screen today. As has been stated, he is going to have his ups and downs like any rookie. However I've heard his tackiling and physicality have been as good as advertised.