Any News on Interviews Being Scheduled?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans Pride, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about who and when is being interviewed for the DC position.

I know we have the rumors of who is going to be interviewed.

2. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It's been awfully quiet on the home front.

3. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

It seems like most teams are in the "wait and see" mode. Outside of head coach searches, there's no telling what could happen with Asst. coaches after seeing Green Bay fire their Defensive staff this week. Could be some more assistants let go with other teams very soon. I really would like to see some interviewing start soon...

4. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

You would think that the Texans would interview the coaches on teams that have finished their season already. They would then be ready to interview any hot commodity like Sean McDermott from Philly as soon as they are available after exiting the playoffs. You snooze you lose in the NFL.

How many times have you seen someone that is really sought after never make it to the latter teams on their interview list because one of the first teams does what it takes to get them signed? Hopefully teams will consider McDermott too inexperienced for a head coaching job.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I've been wondering the same thing.

But then again, unless it's a big name interviewing for an assistant job, we don't hear about it until a hire is made. For instance, nobody knew that Jethro Franklin was interviewing for D-Line coach until he actually got the job.

Dunno if it's an organizational thing or a media thing, but it won't surprise me if we don't hear anything hire somebody.

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It's probably the fact that for the most part, we have pretty weak journalism here in Houston.

7. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

I hope that Sean is the first guy that we interview for the defensive coordinator position because I love that Philly defense.

:fans:

8. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Texans | Kubiak to take time in hiring defensive coordinator
    Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:53:13 -0800

Paul Kuharsky, of ESPN.com, reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said he will take his time in hiring a new defensive coordinator. "I'm going to take my time. With this league, this gets pretty crazy here over the course of the next few weeks. So, I think it's important that we just settle down right now and get some of these guys some time here next week. I'll begin to put together and list of candidates," Kubiak said. He said the interviews probably will start in two weeks.

Based on this, Kubiak may still be compiling a list and will begin interviewing candidates next week. I believe McClain said the same thing in his chat today. We may get a few names leaked later this week, but the fanbase is stuck playing the waiting game for now.

9. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

As of last night.

Channel 13 - Bob Allen said that the Texans would not start interviewing canidates for the DC postion until next week. Kubes took this week off to have some down time with the family.

So don't expect anything out of the Texans until late next week on the DC front.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I hope by "family" he meant the players.

Only kidding?

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yeah, I reckon he's got a lot of sleep to catch up on too. :)

12. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

PFT has said they'd expand their Coaching/GM carousel tracker (for lack of a better description) to include coordinators, but to this point, there haven't been any coordinator positions listed. Maybe everyone else in the NFL had the same idea Kubes had about taking a week off.

PFT Coordinator comment

The only other things I've seen are that rumors are that Mike Nolan is a good bet for the Packer DC position, and that Marinelli has been offered the Bears D-Line coach position.

Mike Nolan Rumor
    Rod Marinelli Story

13. False Start

False Start On # 69

Maybe so, they are his "kids" after all.

I think we'll see a lot more action either close to the SB or afterward.

Marinelli was a guy I was hoping the Texans would give an interview. I still think it will be someone that many weren't expecting, or Frank Bush that gets the job.

14. jb66er

jb66er Rookie

I would like to see Keith Butler (Pit) get an interview.

15. headsplint

headsplint All Pro

I just hope the approach to the interview process isn't Kubiak trying to justify why he doesn't just give the job to Bush, but more so who would create the biggest impact.

16. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

here is a note from rotoworld

17. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Hello Kubiak, WAKE UP, you might want to get your butt off of vacation and in the office and begin to seriously interview possible DC candidates. While your on vacation the rest of the NFL is interviewing and making offers to guys that might be of interest to the Texans. The really good coaches probably won't be on the market for very long and they're meeting with multiple teams.

18. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

FWIW, McClain admitted to having absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about the search, but has reported interest in Gregg Williams by the Texans.

19. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

There's actually been very few interviews this week.

20. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Man, some of you are edgier than a black widow's husband on his honeymoon.

Just because Kubiak says he's going to take his time with it, don't just assume that he's going to miss out on something. The playoffs are not over yet.

b0ng likes this.