Antwuan Molden

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Polo, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Polo

Polo Guest

2. Polo

Polo Guest

Can someone move this thread to the texanstalk forum

3. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Nice find!:goodpost:

Someone rep this man, I must spread rep......

Good to hear that he has that instinct to look back for the ball. Too many times, specifically Faggins, I'm like turn around for the ball!

4. Polo

Polo Guest

Yep...

Also looks like he moves very well and has good feet...I don't know how physical he is, but he's a big guy so I'm expecting him to be able to deliver some blows...

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

thats one big, composed CB. I'm not sure that he was not rated higher than Aqib Talib on the Texans draft board. great 3rd rd. pick.

time will only tell but Antwaun Molden may be remembered as the best 3rd rd. pick in Texans history to date :cool:

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

One dude on NFL Network was saying that Molden was the steal of the 3rd round.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Duane Brown.....reach?......perhaps, but only a slight reach. And if he turns into a starter for the long term nobody will remember.

Andwaun Molden......STEAL!

Steve Slaton.......STEAL!

Xavier Adibi......STEAL!

Frank Okam.....STEAL!

You heard it here first: This will turn out to be the best draft the Texans have had to date.

9. Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Hall of Fame

Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO Wor
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play. I remember Mike Mayock (at the combines) saying he could be a sleeper pick. IIRC he ranked him #37:cool:

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Dang ... I do like the zeal .

11. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Just my opinion, by I think we have two star CB's in the making with Bennett and Molden. I'm heartened by how much passion Dunta is putting into his rehab, but a man's reach usually exceeds his grasp and I don't see him ever being a shutdown corner again. However, his fearless tackling skills will serve him well has a slot cornerback. Thus the framework has been laid for a championship secondary.

The Texans are quietly, methodically building a championship-caliber defense. The D-Line is nearly stacked. They could use a bookend to Mario--- but from Mario to Amobi to Travis Johnson/Frank Okam, you've got the makings of a vaunted line.

With Ryans and Adibi anchoring the linebacking squad, this team is maybe one piece away from suffocating. Add a marauding, blitzing weakside linebacker or another chaos-maker opposite Mario and you've got a Super Bowl contender.

Staying clear of injuries is always a challenge, but without injuries this defense is ready to contend for a playoff spot.

Have I gone off the deep end? Anyone want to argue with me? I've been guilty of being a homer in the past and letting my enthusiasm cloud my perception, but I don't think anything I've said here is fantasy....

12. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I'm not ready to give Moulden a liberal future just yet. I want to see how he responds to a WR actually putting his hands on Moulden. Small time colleges aren't exactly what I would call solid opposition for a man being primed to dominate in the NFL. I don't know. I sure like what I see of him. I sure do!

But let's see how he reacts first.

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

He sounds like a Texan. Articulate. Listening to Kirk Franklin in the iPod. lol

Pretty impressive combine stuff.

14. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Absolutely right. Molden hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and already I'm calling him a shutdown corner. There's my homerism showing. But isn't it nice that the Texans already have a track record of taking a 4th round corner and turning him into a high quality starter in a very short period of time. But with all the enthusiasm regarding our new draft picks, our new free agents, and our new addition of a legendary offensive line coach (Gibbs) it's somehow been forgotten that we have a former winning NFL head coach---who previously won 5 Super Bowl rings with the 49ers---now coaching our defensive backfield. I'm talking about Ray Rhodes, of course. What nature bestowed on Molden with size and speed is what top-tier corners like D-Rob would kill for. Now all he has to do is listen to his coaches and play.

15. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Yep, he sounds like an intelligent guy and his measurables are hard to fault. I love this draft class. Heck, I've loved all of Kubiaks draft classes.

16. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Valid point. I think we'll see some flashes from Molden this year while he's slowly worked into the lineup, but I expect a big jump from year 1 to year 2 similar to my thinking on Jacoby's progress.

17. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Hope you're right about Jacoby. I think pre-season was too easy for him he might have lost a lot of confidence when he found out it really wasn't going to be that easy. Hopefully he'll work hard and get get into a comfort zone of consistent production. All the receivers should be required to follow Andre Johnson around and copy everything he does....

18. Mr PC

Mr PC Hall of Fame

If DRob wasnt injured, Id be tempted to try Molden at free safety. He has the size, strength, and speed for it...

19. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I'd be happier seeing just the opposite. I think Molden's size, strength, and speed are what every defensive coordinator dreams about when he dreams of perfect corners. Meanwhile, I've seen some excellent free safeties with D-Rob's size, speed, and headhunter mentality.

20. Mr PC

Mr PC Hall of Fame

that could work too... We definitely should have our best defensive backs on the field as much as possible, and DRob or Molden would probably be an upgrade at FS.