Antonio Cromartie

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by JWarren14, Jan 25, 2010.

1. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Per ESPN Insider Rumor Mill, Cromartie may not be a Charger next year.

What do you think it would cost for us to get Cromartie? Would you make a play for him?

2. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

He's about as good as D-Rob in coverage, but has been a sissy his entire career who doesn't like contact.

For an average #1 cover man(good #2), who doesn't tackle, I wouldn't go higher than a 3rd.

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

He is one of the most overrated players in recent NFL history. I wouldn't give up anything at all for him, unless they would take like a 6th, which of course they won't because someone will give them something ridiculous for him.

4. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I like Cromartie as a nickel guy. I think he would upgrade that area if we lose D Rob. Which is important because we play the Colts twice per year.

I would consider giving up a 4th or 5th for him, but ONLY if we did not address CB anywhere in the draft.

5. Goatcheese

People who think he's an elite shutdown corner are certainly off base, but he's not a bad cover man.

As long as you have a good run defense to mask his sissy nature he'll be a quality starter. If he were a Texan I would just be sure to keep Pollard on his side of the field, because he will give you those Ole' tackle attempts.

D-Rob and Cro as your starters with Reeves in the Nickle, and Quin - Pollard manning the safety spots would be an unspectacular, but overall quality secondary.

6. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

He does have a history of being a Colt killer but geeze, for an NFL player he is a serious puhcee. I came across this on another board and I'll just link to the specific thread because I don't want to mess up trying to copy/paste it all:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38183

This is to go to the AFC Championship game and he "tackles" like that. He is pretty much the antithesis of what our FO looks for in corners.

dc_txtech likes this.
  7. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

He's a ballhawk who goes for the INT instead of playing coverage which he cant play that good anyway.

His one big INT year boosted his reputation but since then he hasnt been good.

He's the worst type of guy to trade for: His reputation will cost you more than his skill dictates. Unless it was a late round pick i wouldnt touch him.

8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

dude is one of the dumbest guys in the league too. on Outside The Lines it was stated that he graduated from FSU without the ability to read and write and that he reads at a 2nd Grade level currently. Dude's IQ is borderline retarded. There is a reason they are thinking about letting him go and his lack of intellect may be part of it.

I am sure its tough getting him a gameplan when he cant even read. I am not going to claim it takes a genius to play football but we don't need guys that can't even read. we already had Carr and he couldn't read....a defense. *ba dum pah*

9. Goatcheese

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...spn-that-cromartie-has-language-deficiencies/

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Gonna vote- no.

11. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I don't know, but maybe. I'm assuming that unlike Dunta, he'll hold onto those gimme picks.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I'll offer them a pick at the end of the 8th round :chickendance: