Another Team Going to be Lookin for a CB (Talib)

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 24, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

What is this with all these dumb undisciplined NFL players?

Then, again, it doesn't help to be brought up by a felon pistol-packin' Mamma!

2. Tx Longhorn

Tx Longhorn Rookie

After several brushes with the law, Tampa is expected to release 2008 first round draft pick Aqib Talib when they are legally able to do so; upon the conclusion of the NFL Lockout.

On field, Talib has lived up to his first round billing, finishing in the top ten in interceptions in each of his first two seasons (2nd overall in 2010). This season, he was voted the NFL Defensive Back of the Year by the NFL Alumni Association and is quickly developing a reputation for being a shutdown corner.

However, for all his talent on the field, he seems to have major issues keeping out of trouble off it. Last off-season, he was arrested for assaulting a cab driver. Recently, he was accused of pistol whipping his sister's boyfriend, then shooting at him.

Obviously the talent is there, and he could be a nice building block for the immediate future. Also, after being released by Tampa, his off-field issues might drag his price tag down a tad. Question is, do you feel the headaches are worth the investment?

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

He might be spending some time in jail and/or a lengthy suspension. Uncle Bob don't play those games, not gonna happen.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

For all the grief McNair takes on this board about character decisions, this is one I don't want. Guys that have issues that can be worked through are far removed from guys that are constantly in trouble with the law. This guy could be the next Lawrence Phillips.

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Pistol packin momma is going to take the fall for him.

Talib has Cowboy written all over him. Then atleast he wont have to go far to see his momma in jail.

I wouldn't sign him. But would be happy if BoB did. Not gonna happen

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Gald we passed on him during the draft, and I'm glad I know we'll be passing on him during free agency. IIRC, wasn't he one of the ones that tested positive for marijuana at the combine?