Another Reggie Bust Article

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by the wonger need food, Sep 7, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10337299

Bush's final play of the game was an interception that Giordano returned for a touchdown. An instant before Bush could grab Giordano from behind, he was taken out by a sloppy offensive lineman. Bush slowly stood, walked to the bench and sat down with his head in his hands.

An hour later, while most of his teammates were climbing into jeans and T-shirts, Bush lovingly pulled on a crisp yellow Oxford, beige tie, light brown three-piece suit -- vest buttoned to the hilt -- and leather wing-tips. He placed a diamond into each ear. He wheeled a designer handbag and slung a Heisman Trophy backpack over his right shoulder. He looked a lot better in the locker room than he looked on the field, I'll tell you that.

And then Bush disappeared, leaving for the team bus. Saints officials said he would return to meet the media, but he never did. The media understood. Reggie Bush had just spent three hours embarrassing himself on national television. He wasn't coming back.

2. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

Reggie is the product of not only a dominant USC lineage but of the sports media as well. I dislike the guy but feel for him as well. This kid was never going to be anything more than a scat back and a slot receiver yet the media put him on a pedistal with a HOF tag before his rookie season even started. It won't be long before Reggie is seen as just another one trick pony.

Here's to hoping Mario will bathe in Reggies spot-light on opening day. :victory:

3. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

And then Bush disappeared, leaving for the team bus. Saints officials said he would return to meet the media, but he never did. The media understood. Reggie Bush had just spent three hours embarrassing himself on national television. He wasn't coming back.

Coward.

4. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Bush as the physical talent, but does he have the work ethic to live up to the hype.

According to that article, it doesn't appear so.

5. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Yeah, kinda sounds like YKW's work ethic.

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I hope he does well....he is on one of my fantasy teams

As for Bush...I mean I know we like to rag rivals and are tired of the Bush hype but isn't thins type of bust talk the same thing people are cursing when it hits Mario. Its one game and the whole Saints O looked pedestrian, including Brees.

WWJD likes this.
  7. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I want to point out the play where Bush got the first down by two yards, but then he backtracked and tried to make things happen only to lose the first down by one yard.

8. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Could you imagine if Mario has a monster day agaisnt the Chiefs?

The ESPN guys would all say "I told you all along Mario was the right pick..." yeah sure you did...the only person I remember saying that was Michael Smith and maybe one other guy whose name and face escapes me at the moment.

Go get em Mario, if there ever was a chance to shut up the doubters this week is the PERFECT chance :fans:

bah007 likes this.
  9. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Michael Smith is the only person who deserves to be on television. He has my vote for Supreme Commander of Football Knowledge.

10. real

real Guest

While your at it, point out all the times Barry Sanders lost yards trying to make something happen too.

And every other back that depends on making guys miss.

11. TexansLucky13

Ah, don't spoil the fun!

We all know....

:deadhorse

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I remember the play:

2-4-NO 41 (11:01) 9-D.Brees pass short right to 25-R.Bush to NO 44 for 3 yards (26-K.Hayden).

Was Reggie trying to pickup additional yardage? Or was he trying to avoid a direct hit by heading to the sideline? I'm not sure.

13. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Lomas Brown, Ray Buchanon, and Skip Bayless were just on talking about Reggie Bush.

Bayless has always thought he was over-hyped. Lomas Brown agreed. And Ray Buchanon disagreed and said he's an exciting player and you have to get him the ball.

Didn't really get to listen to too much. Damned work.

14. TexansLucky13

If that is the case, he has BIG problems heading his way. (no pun intended)

15. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I never expected Reggie fulfill his billing (or the price tag), so file this under *yawn* for me.

Having said that, I thought Mario Williams was absolutely the right pick and would become a Pro Bowler DE. And though I did acknowledge he'd take 1-2 years to develop meaningfully, based on performance to date, I'm only batting .500 at 1 and 2 right now.

I still see Reggie as developing into the equivalent of a Brian Westbrook or Eric Metcalf. Good, but not "feature back" good, a back whose only dangerous attribute is speed, rather than vision or power.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush

Sanders:
    Lions: perennial losers
    Lions: no O-line
    Lions: no other weapons

Bush:
    Saints: Super Bowl Contenders (if not, playoff appearance)
    Saints: decent O-line
    Saints: Brees, McCallister, Colston etc.

Think we may need to quit the Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush comparisons.

17. real

real Guest

Don't see anything wrong with Reggie avoiding hits.

18. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

Reggie Bush is no Barry Sanders

19. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Not that they are the same body type but didn't Franco Harris have the reputation of going out of bounds rather than taking a hit? I remember John McClain talking about him and saying he asked him about it and he said he did it to prolong his career.

20. real

real Guest

You're the only one comparing them.

You have to have comprehension.

Follow me:

If Barry (one of the best backs of all times) took a lot of loss of yardage plays because of "trying to make something happen", why on earth is it this huge travesty when lowly Reggie Bush loses yards?

If one of the best of all time took a lot of losses, why are some of you guys acting like because Bush did it he's awful?

I don't see how that's comparing the two, especially when I added in "every other back that depends on making guys miss"....