Another Marciano castoff with a TD return

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Vance87, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Vance87

Vance87 Hall of Fame

Just watched Quintin Demps, now on the Chiefs, return a kickoff for 104 yards for a TD.

Announcers said he's making the team purely because he's a great special teams player. I thought he was a decent backup safety as well.

2. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Why Marciano is still coaching on this team is a mystery. Games will be lost because of this unit, and I have ZERO faith that the unit will perform better this year than in earlier years... I'm all for giving players and coaches a chance to turn Things around... but not several seasons with ZIP to show for it...

Kick everything out of bounds, safe catch everything, we would do better that way... :I

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Actually, he doesn't coach that. He has the Texans punters go to the middle of the field, hoping the returner makes a mistake. I've always felt the Texans should go for the coffin corner more often, but kicking up the middle has become a league wide trend.

But yeah, Coach Joe has had more than his fair share of 2nd chances.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

For the Texans, the "coffin" kick IS up the middle or wherever else the ball may happen to go. :kitten: