Andre's Not Happy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dbspi, Nov 29, 2006.

1. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

AJ might be the most underachieving player right now, based on his potential of course, but it's still hard for me to blame him when we have guys out there that just don't have the talent for their specific position, especially in the defensive backfield. Then there's what I see as utter confusion in the run-blocking, but that's debatable. It is true that we need some players to step up and make big plays, non of which are doing it, and AJ is the most talented player on the team. I think he can do more, despite all his yardage that he has gotten. I can't say I feel so confident about anybody else's chances for individual improvement.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"It's very frustrating, because everybody around here wants to win," Johnson said. "That's the biggest thing — to win. We just have to use these five games and try to perform at the highest level we can so we can hopefully build something."
    I dunno, is this candid talk by AJ or just lip service ?
    We'll see Sunday in Oakland.

4. QB75

QB75 Veteran

5. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

As we all know, AJ rarely talks. I think the fact that he's talking so candidly is a sign of his frustration. Once our defensive backfield plays well and our D-line starts pressuring qbs on a regular basis; and once our running game actually manages to gain more than 100 yards per game, i think we'll see dre at his top form once again. i believe in him.

6. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

I don't really see Andre complaining in this article.He even took much of the blame for the loss.I happen to think he is a underrated receiver that doesn't get many big yardage plays(20 yards or more) because his QB doesn't give him as many chances.He gets most of his catches on short yardage routes or slant routes.

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

The pots starting to boil ... the Texans except for Gary Walker have pretty much stuck to the company line when discussing the team . Maybe thats a problem .

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

remember Jamie Sharper :cowboy1:

9. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I don't see where AJ is complaining about anything other than he isn't happy about the losses and feels some responsibility, as he should, and that the team as a whole isn't happy about the losses, as they should be. Frankly, I don't see any negative comments by him or about the team. To try and portray this as some sort of dession or devisivness by him or within the team is stupid. I'm sure they are all frustrated at the losses, but I doubt there is a blame game going on. They all know they have all been out played for the most part and need to play better.

10. Tayton

Tayton Veteran

Heard an interesting comment by Eric Moulds last night. He basically said that he told players to keep competing because some of them will not be on the team next year and they don't want anything for to look at on film when evaluating their talent. I got the feeling that he was addressing those players that were not going to be here. Also know that he is close to Andre. Guess I'm just stirring the pot.

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

You forgot Sharper also. He had some things to say.... Which ironically enough, he was gone the very next off-season.

12. FanFromCali

FanFromCali Rookie

Sometimes saying these things are good for motivation sake and sometimes they only cause more problems.

I am not a fan of bringing your frustrations out to the public. This should be done behind closed doors in team meetings. But I could be wrong, as maybe this will in fact be a motivator. We will see...

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree with you. I actually came away from the article kind of positive. Maybe this will end up being similar to the time Kubiak fronted Mario out. AJ might have crisper routes or maybe a must get open attitude. We'll see.

14. Honoring Earl 34

It says he's not TO or Braylin Edwards is what it says . If there is'nt some discontent ... thats not a good thing . If your as bad as they've been and your a competitor ... you could'nt help but want to jump down somebody's throat . I guess this is the gentler kinder Texans .

15. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

I think that had little (if anything) with Sharper leaving. The Texans had injury concerns with Sharper at the time and he ended up getting IR'd the next year in Seattle and then cut after the season. Since then I think he's had trouble getting on with a team (Tampa, New England) ... not sure if anyone has signed him yet.

16. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Hmmm . . . the head coach is sitting in on the receivers meetings?

Ruh-roh! Yeah . . I'd say someone's not happy alright! Maybe what Andre's really not happy about, is that he's being 'evaluated' just like everyone else.

17. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

His dropped pass before the half cost us potential points. We just seem to be missing opportuntities in every phase of the game.

18. Honoring Earl 34

Kubiak's talking to what maybe a future hall of famer and his best offensive player ... could it be he's telling them to hang in there it'll get better . He may be saying ... look you guys have got to play hard or we have no chance .

Anyone ever been the star of the team and have the coach give you a one on one talk . It does'nt happen during a good streak it happens when he sees your fed up . My most memorable talk is when I was 14 and lost the game for first place to win the first half of the league . We jumped in his truck and sat there for awhile talking ... I looked up and he had a girly calender on his visor . I just looked up and had a lot of questions about the team after i noticed the calender .

19. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Andre hardly deserves the most blame, but he deserves some.... just like everyone else. We have all seen him dropping easily catchable balls recently. I can't get too boiled about that, though.... considering he is talent-wise a man amongst boys on the field.

20. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Stop dropping balls. That would help.